View Full Version : OHP Takes Down a Trucker without any injuries on his way to OKC

SSEiYah
08-19-2021, 02:08 AM
https://youtu.be/bhEkxtKbtks

Of Sound Mind
08-19-2021, 11:30 AM
https://youtu.be/bhEkxtKbtks
That driver has lost his mind, made exponentially dangerous by the size of his weapon.

Urbanized
08-19-2021, 12:56 PM
Not his first time answering to an assault, ADW, domestic OR vehicle-related criminal charge, according to a quick search online.

jompster
08-19-2021, 01:12 PM
Not his first time answering to an assault, ADW, domestic OR vehicle-related criminal charge, according to a quick search online.

I wonder why his employer didn't do a "quick search online" when they hired that mess of a human.

Of Sound Mind
08-19-2021, 01:27 PM
I can't find any news about the incident yet... interested in what he was charged with and if he had an explanation.

Jersey Boss
08-19-2021, 01:38 PM
I can't find any news about the incident yet... interested in what he was charged with and if he had an explanation.

Don't hold your breath. It's been a week and a half since a pick up on 35 tried to kill a driver in a SUV. The OHP is still trying to figure out which way is south and what attempted murder is. Nor has there been any follow up by TV stations in OKC.

Roger S
08-19-2021, 01:44 PM
Don't hold your breath. It's been a week and a half since a pick up on 35 tried to kill a driver in a SUV. The OHP is still trying to figure out which way is south and what attempted murder is. Nor has there been any follow up by TV stations in OKC.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=CF-2021-3417&cmid=4001867

Jersey Boss
08-19-2021, 04:07 PM
https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=CF-2021-3417&cmid=4001867

Thanks Roger. Did you see a story that followed up on this? I guess OHP did have it figured out in only 9 days.

DowntownMan
08-19-2021, 04:58 PM
Thanks Roger. Did you see a story that followed up on this? I guess OHP did have it figured out in only 9 days.

News 9 was reporting on this earlier this week.

Of Sound Mind
08-20-2021, 06:27 AM
Incident was on Wednesday night, video on YouTube Thursday morning, News9 (and others) reporting the story Thursday evening... I'm pretty sure OHP handled this reasonably. Your libelous attacks against the OHP (about a story not related to this thread) betrays your bias.

https://www.news9.com/story/611ef8e4da266a0bf41ce543/video-captures-semi-swerving-erratically-on-turner-turnpike-

Jersey Boss
08-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Incident was on Wednesday night, video on YouTube Thursday morning, News9 (and others) reporting the story Thursday evening... I'm pretty sure OHP handled this reasonably. Your libelous attacks against the OHP (about a story not related to this thread) betrays your bias.

https://www.news9.com/story/611ef8e4da266a0bf41ce543/video-captures-semi-swerving-erratically-on-turner-turnpike-

The incident I refrenced happened on August 8 and charges were filed on the 17th. If you had bothered to check the link provided by the response you would have learned that and saved yourself some outrage.

Pete
08-20-2021, 12:12 PM
The incident I refrenced happened on August 8 and charges were filed on the 17th. If you had bothered to check the link provided by the response you would have learned that and saved yourself some outrage.

I simply can't believe the trooper would write that guy a minor traffic ticket and send him on his way.

The charges came 9 days later when: 1) the video of this guy ramming another car into a concrete embankment at freeway speeds was posted; and 2) after Channel 9 obtained the bodycam footage of the officer basically letting this guy off the hook for a violent and dangerous crime, to which he freely admitted.

Only then, after widespread and understandable public outrage, were the charges filed.

Of Sound Mind
08-21-2021, 08:02 AM
I know what incident you were referencing, one that was just as outrageous. I did read the link. You were interjecting a completely separate incident into an incident-specific thread topic and equating OHP's handling of the one as what to expect with this on-topic incident.Terms like "Don't hold your breath" and "the OHP is still trying to figure out which way is south and what attempted murder is". Your animus is self-evident. I was challenging sloppy language and logic. It was not outrage; I'm not that personally invested in these situations.

Of Sound Mind
08-21-2021, 08:33 AM
I simply can't believe the trooper would write that guy a minor traffic ticket and send him on his way.

The charges came 9 days later when: 1) the video of this guy ramming another car into a concrete embankment at freeway speeds was posted; and 2) after Channel 9 obtained the bodycam footage of the officer basically letting this guy off the hook for a violent and dangerous crime, to which he freely admitted.

Only then, after widespread and understandable public outrage, were the charges filed.
Pete, this is a genuine question because I know you to be a reasonable, logical person with many, many connections.

Do you have some inside information that directly links the 9-day delay between incident and charges as an intentional attempt by OHP to bury any consequences for the dangerous driver, or that something was done ONLY after the video gained widespread attention? Could it be there was an investigative process — for both the incident itself and the trooper's handling of it — and subsequent legal analysis on (1) what the driver could be charged with, (2) whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant the charges, and (3) whether a case could be effectively and successfully prosecuted before a judge and jury?

I ask because some people, not you, do not fully understand and appreciate the legal process, with all its tangibles and intangibles that go into decisions on charges and prosecution, while also recognizing every person's constitutional protections when accused and their rights to due process. For better or worse, the judicial system is a painfully slow grind, delaying justice for victims while at the same time allowing a constitutionally guaranteed process for the accused to be able to challenge the evidence, question witnesses and witnesses, and present their own defense.

It should also be noted that I have no connection with the OHP or any warm fuzzies when I see them. I do however challenge armchair quarterbacking without any actual facts to backing it up and jumping to conclusions before all the information is known.

Pete
08-21-2021, 08:52 AM
^

My only point was that the trooper on the scene specifically said he was going to give the guy a break because he was a dad.

Then only after the incident was exposed through video were charges filed.

People can draw their own conclusions.

soonerguru
08-25-2021, 12:39 PM
Pete, this is a genuine question because I know you to be a reasonable, logical person with many, many connections.

Do you have some inside information that directly links the 9-day delay between incident and charges as an intentional attempt by OHP to bury any consequences for the dangerous driver, or that something was done ONLY after the video gained widespread attention? Could it be there was an investigative process — for both the incident itself and the trooper's handling of it — and subsequent legal analysis on (1) what the driver could be charged with, (2) whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant the charges, and (3) whether a case could be effectively and successfully prosecuted before a judge and jury?

I ask because some people, not you, do not fully understand and appreciate the legal process, with all its tangibles and intangibles that go into decisions on charges and prosecution, while also recognizing every person's constitutional protections when accused and their rights to due process. For better or worse, the judicial system is a painfully slow grind, delaying justice for victims while at the same time allowing a constitutionally guaranteed process for the accused to be able to challenge the evidence, question witnesses and witnesses, and present their own defense.

It should also be noted that I have no connection with the OHP or any warm fuzzies when I see them. I do however challenge armchair quarterbacking without any actual facts to backing it up and jumping to conclusions before all the information is known.

Do you think anything would have happened had Channel 9 not aired that video? I mean, you say you aren't invested, but the situation is fairly obvious.