View Full Version : Finding out about HOAs

ChrisHayes
06-07-2021, 01:44 PM
I've targeted a neighborhood for where I'd like to buy my next house at the intersection of SW 149th and Western. I know it's an HOA community, so I'm wondering what kind of rules they have in place. What is the best way to find out about an HOA and the rules they have in place?

Martin
06-07-2021, 02:01 PM
^
do a google search for the subdivision name. the developer probably has a website with all the bylaws.

ChrisHayes
06-07-2021, 02:07 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think it has a name. There was a house for sale up until a couple days ago, and it was built back in 2001, so it's an established neighborhood, so I don't know of the developer. The neighborhood is at the SW corner of 149th/Western. One of the few neighborhoods with houses that have siding instead of brick. My main draw to it is the size of the back yards.

shawnw
06-07-2021, 02:11 PM
You really should be able to contact Neighborhood Alliance to get some info. Usually they are tight with all neighborhood associations and HOAs and often they have a copy of the bylaws and a POC.

Roger S
06-07-2021, 02:16 PM
If you are talking about the subdivision at 156th and Western it is called Wildflower and was originally developed by Ideal Homes.

IDEAL will no longer be associated with the HOA at this point though.

Pete
06-07-2021, 02:18 PM
It's called Stonegate Manor. Here is their website with bylaws and fees ($125/mo.):

http://www.sgmokc.com/home.html

The section with the siding house may be a separate HOA but you could ask the SM president and I'm sure he or she will know.

Roger S
06-07-2021, 02:37 PM
Stonegate is on the SE corner.... But they may still be able to give some info on Wildflower

Martin
06-07-2021, 02:38 PM
If you are talking about the subdivision at 154th and Western it is called Wildflower and was originally developed by Ideal Homes.

IDEAL will no longer be associated with the HOA at this point though.

if the house was built in 2001 and near the southwest corner, i think this is the correct answer. stonegate (while closer to 149th & western) is newer.

here's wildflower's facebook group. it seems pretty active, so i'll bet somebody could help out here...
Wildflower HOA | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wildflowerhoa/)

Pete
06-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the correction.

This is the company that manages the Wildflower HOA:

https://www.associaonline.com/locations/neighborhood-services

Martin
06-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Stonegate is on the SE corner.... But they may still be able to give some info on Wildflower

isn't stonegate the newer neighborhood going in where villa theresa used to be? i thought the southeast corner is called stone meadows.

edit: i looked it up... and, nope. stonegate manor is on the se side of the intersection. can't think of the other neighborhood's name that's just north of wildflower.

Roger S
06-07-2021, 02:58 PM
isn't stonegate the newer neighborhood going in where villa theresa used to be? i thought the southeast corner is called stone meadows.

edit: i looked it up... and, nope. stonegate manor is on the se side of the intersection. can't think of the other neighborhood's name that's just north of wildflower.

There is a Stone Meadows on 149th.

Featherstone is the other subdivision by Wildflower.

Martin
06-07-2021, 03:09 PM
Featherstone is the other subdivision by Wildflower.

yeah... that's it

T. Jamison
06-07-2021, 04:53 PM
Restrictive covenants are recorded in the county clerks office. If that house was built in 2001, I think it is in Wildflower Section 1 and the restrictive covenants are recorded in Cleveland County Book 3214, page 1269.

Pete
06-07-2021, 05:23 PM
That's some serious information thrown down in this thread.

Ward
06-08-2021, 01:19 AM
I'm just curious, would a Realtor be able to get that info for you?

Martin
06-08-2021, 03:04 AM
^
for sure... but my impression was that the op wasn't working with a realtor yet.

ChrisHayes
06-08-2021, 05:46 AM
^
for sure... but my impression was that the op wasn't working with a realtor yet.

No, I'm not working with a realtor. It might be a year or two, maybe more before I move. I'm just interested in the neighborhood. There are a lot of neighborhoods around the city that I like, but with a house that I would stay in for a long time, I want a decent size back yard. One where I've got room to put a pool in, as well as a comfortable price range for the house.

Richard at Remax
06-10-2021, 03:05 PM
You can call any title company and give them subdivision or address and they'll have most, if not all, hoa docs for any neighborhood in the metro.