View Full Version : Hey!!!!!

Leon
11-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Come on, folks!
Any new thread ideas?
Time to bring this group back to life!

Patrick
11-07-2005, 09:13 PM
I guess we need a new singles coordinator, since mranderson has left the job. Leon, you're welcome to take over, if you'd like.

Intrepid
11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
How 'bout a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly poker gathering. Unfortunately, the club house at my apartment complex closes when the office closes, which is around 5-6pm. My apartment is also too small to host any more than 2-3 people.

Any other ideas?

Leon
11-07-2005, 11:01 PM
I guess we need a new singles coordinator, since mranderson has left the job. Leon, you're welcome to take over, if you'd like.

It's too bad that the posts reached a point to make someone want to leave and not come back.

Anyway, what are the Coordinator's duties?

Would any of you folks in here have an issue with me being the Coordinator?

Leon
11-07-2005, 11:06 PM
How 'bout a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly poker gathering. Unfortunately, the club house at my apartment complex closes when the office closes, which is around 5-6pm. My apartment is also too small to host any more than 2-3 people.

Any other ideas?

I love poker as long as the stakes aren't TOO high. I have a great set of chips I bought at the Gambler's Warehouse in Las Vegas.

Keith
11-08-2005, 05:19 AM
It's too bad that the posts reached a point to make someone want to leave and not come back.

Anyway, what are the Coordinator's duties?

Would any of you folks in here have an issue with me being the Coordinator?
No, mranderson didn't leave the board, he has found himself a lady and is no longer looking. He will still be posting.

Basically, the coordinator tries to plan and schedule events and activities to try to get the singles together. Plus, the coordinator tries to keep up with the current events that affect singles. Leon, you are probably the most active, local, poster that we have here on the forum. I think you would make an excellent coordinator.

Any comments from any other singles?

mranderson
11-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Sounds fine with me. We will even try to make some events.

Leon has a good handle on the situation and always has. He would do a better job of gathering people than I would.

Rev. Bob
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll be the coodinator. All of our events will be at religious places. How bout that? Ha Ha! Spoil your party.

Faith
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Why would you think your "religious places" would spoil the events? I don't think that is God's intention to spoil people from meeting and have a good time.

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 04:15 PM
I'll be the coodinator. All of our events will be at religious places. How bout that? Ha Ha! Spoil your party.

I'm afraid I might burst into flames upon entering, so I'm gonna have to respectfully decline.

:tiphat:

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 04:23 PM
I love poker as long as the stakes aren't TOO high. I have a great set of chips I bought at the Gambler's Warehouse in Las Vegas.

Oh I agree 100%. It could be "spare change poker" with set limits. Heck, there doesn't have to be any $$$ involved at all. We could each buy a large box of condoms and use those as chips.

Seriously though...$$$ doesn't have to be involved. Just some friendly card playing among friends.

:spin:

windowphobe
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Please note that there is a substantial difference between a "large box of condoms" and a "box of large condoms".

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Please note that there is a substantial difference between a "large box of condoms" and a "box of large condoms".

You are so very right. I think in this case a large of box condoms would be more beneficial, because there would be more quantity. We all know that when manufacturers increase the size of something, they decrease the quantity.

:LolLolLol

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 05:10 PM

We could also play "Blindfold Strip Poker". That way no one would have to see the others, but still have the fun of playing.

Leon
11-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Basically, the coordinator tries to plan and schedule events and activities to try to get the singles together. Plus, the coordinator tries to keep up with the current events that affect singles. Leon, you are probably the most active, local, poster that we have here on the forum. I think you would make an excellent coordinator.

Ya know part of me says 'yes' and another part says 'no'. So, being uncertain, I want to but I can't. Honestly, I never noticed that MrA was the coordinator before; I simply never noticed. But I do recall he and I both tried to put several events together with little success. I think we need more people in here to make that work.

Additionally, and I'm sure for the rest of you too, most of my efforts to secure a relationship do not take place here, which is as it should be. But I do spend a lot of time here. Recently I've tried to imply my own shame at some of the cruel things I have posted here. I read those old posts and wish I could delete them, they are not me. Truth be known if a serious relationship ever does appear, I will probably disappear abrubtly due to my behavior so hopefully the true me will not have to answer for the things posted here out of anger and pain. It's not the true me.

This is called running from one's past I guess by some; closing a chapter on one's life by others. Sadly, my past relationship has taught me 'if it can be used against you, it will be, eventually'. Recent posts here are examples of just that.

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Ya know part of me says 'yes' and another part says 'no'. So, being uncertain, I want to but I can't. Honestly, I never noticed that MrA was the coordinator before; I simply never noticed. But I do recall he and I both tried to put several events together with little success. I think we need more people in here to make that work.

Additionally, and I'm sure for the rest of you too, most of my efforts to secure a relationship do not take place here, which is as it should be. But I do spend a lot of time here. Recently I've tried to imply my own shame at some of the cruel things I have posted here. I read those old posts and wish I could delete them, they are not me. Truth be known if a serious relationship ever does appear, I will probably disappear abrubtly due to my behavior so hopefully the true me will not have to answer for the things posted here out of anger and pain. It's not the true me.

This is called running from one's past I guess by some; closing a chapter on one's life by others. Sadly, my past relationship has taught me 'if it can be used against you, it will be, eventually'. Recent posts here are examples of just that.

No worries Leon. Just move on, take it one day at a time, and all will be ok. We've all said/done things that we aren't proud of or weren't reflective of our true selves. It's part of being human. We just have to all stick together and make the best of it. I'm starting to come to this same realization myself. yes, I have my bad days, too many in fact. But when I do have a good day, I recognize it and remember it, because I want to try to repeat it.

I don't really think there should be one coordinator per se. Let's just throw out some ideas and see what sticks??

I think we should maybe start with a dinner somewhere, like Chili's, or somewhere in Bricktown. It could be a "get to know ya" type get together. Nothing formal at all, just something laid back where everyone can enjoy an adult beverage, if that's your thing, some good conversation and hopefully some good company. To me, that is a lot more fun than a get together at a particular event (sporting, music, movie, etc).

We shouldn't have any type of time limit either. Let's shut the place down if we have to. This might take some clearing the calendar for all involved, but let's all try to dedicate an entire evening to this. With a little focus, I'm sure that something can be arranged.

sweetdaisy
11-08-2005, 09:56 PM
We could each buy a large box of condoms and use those as chips.

Nice idea, but I'd be afraid the things would expire before I ever got to use mine. Heck, from the sound of this board, many of us are in the same boat. I'd rather use money...I know I can get some pleasure from that. :D

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Nice idea, but I'd be afraid the things would expire before I ever got to use mine. Heck, from the sound of this board, many of us are in the same boat. I'd rather use money...I know I can get some pleasure from that. :D

So true Daisy....so true :(

Leon
11-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Let's use money....winner has to buy a box of condoms to be distributed among the players...we can note the day and see how long it takes half a dozen of us to go through a box of 12. My box hasn't even been opened, I'll donate it.

sweetdaisy
11-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I would offer mine, but my condoms were stolen when my apartment was burglarized last year. I haven't had a need to buy any since then. (Oh, how pathetic is that...the shame of it all.)

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Let's use money....winner has to buy a box of condoms to be distributed among the players...we can note the day and see how long it takes half a dozen of us to go through a box of 12. My box hasn't even been opened, I'll donate it.

Almost reminds me of the "Seinfeld" episode aptly titled, "The Bet"

For those who don't remember that episode, just remember these words - master of your domain.

sweetdaisy
11-08-2005, 10:09 PM
we can note the day and see how long it takes half a dozen of us to go through a box of 12.

ROFLMAO! Whew, that's both depressing and amusing.

Leon
11-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I would offer mine, but my condoms were stolen when my apartment was burglarized last year. I haven't had a need to buy any since then. (Oh, how pathetic is that...the shame of it all.)

Well then, together we have more than a twelve year supply. :)

Leon
11-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I think we have enough people here to go into the chat room.

sweetdaisy
11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that they were already close to expiration when they were stolen. It would probably be closer to a lifetime supply for me. ;)

goodnight y'all! :bedtime:

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I think we have enough people here to go into the chat room.

Absolutely! I accidentally booted myself out of the chat room, but I'm back!

sweetdaisy
11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
I was going to allow myself 2 minutes in the caht room before I went to bed, but I can't seem to figure out how to get in there. :( I clicked on the OKCTalk Chat link, and a window popped up, but nothing happened. SIGH. I'll bring my work computer home sometime and use it, I guess.

So, enjoy your chat and I'll talk to you guys later...

Leon
11-08-2005, 10:24 PM
it takes about a full 60 seconds

Intrepid
11-08-2005, 10:25 PM
I was going to allow myself 2 minutes in the caht room before I went to bed, but I can't seem to figure out how to get in there. :( I clicked on the OKCTalk Chat link, and a window popped up, but nothing happened. SIGH. I'll bring my work computer home sometime and use it, I guess.

So, enjoy your chat and I'll talk to you guys later...

If you have any type of pop up blocker, you might have to hold down the ctrl key while the window loads. At least that's what I have to do.

upisgr8
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Not just milktoast here! let's provide a respctable singles site, I would like Leon to take a leadership role in this. Let's define our singles, set weekly functions and see how things shake out. I can come up with Hornets ideas afforadable..... and by the way we will not tolerate financial bondage. If you want to go and finances become an issue let me know as I have tricky ways of finanicial nocrigitomery because the main stream of our group is still guaranteed for the life of the Watch...and whose watching. :elmer3: :LolLolLol :busterbun :busterbun

upisgr8
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Not just milktoast here! let's provide a respctable singles site, I would like Leon to take a leadership role in this. Let's define our singles, set weekly functions and see how things shake out. I can come up with Hornets ideas afforadable..... and by the way we will not tolerate financial bondage. If you want to go and finances become an issue let me know as I have tricky ways of finanicial nocrigitomery because the main stream of our group is still guaranteed for the life of the Watch...and whose watching. :elmer3: :LolLolLol :busterbun :busterbun

gbyte
11-09-2005, 07:02 AM

Well one thing I got in the mail recently is for a few select dates you can get 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, 4 soft drinks for $44 for certain games. I do not have this list at home anymore as I took it to work but can try to find the info if you guys are interested.