View Full Version : Hornets Beat Rockets - IN HOUSTON!

writerranger
11-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Hornets - 91
Rockets - 84

upisgr8
11-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes Can You Believe!!!!!!!!

Doug Loudenback
11-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes Can You Believe!!!!!!!!

YES! YES! YES! We win, IN Houston, before (only) 15,875 , 91-84, with a 17-2 run, and a great road win!!! We are 2-1, and tied for 1st place!!!

BTW, notice the ESPN Ticker at the top ... great addition, Todd ... now I see what that means!

Patrick
11-05-2005, 09:37 PM
We're tied for first place in the division! Yea!

crazy4ou
11-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Hopefully we can beat the Magic and go to 3-1. That would be an incredible start.

Karried
11-06-2005, 01:28 PM
woo hoo!! Go Hornets!!

I was trying to watch it on TV last night- is it televised on Cox only for Home games and if so can we watch away games - which channel?

Doug Loudenback
11-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Karrie, Cox doesn't carry the full schedule. To have seen it on TV, you'd need something called an "NBA Pass" ... for digital cable and/or satellite, I don't know. See this thread at Hornets Central about last night's game ... http://www.hornetscentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158

I went and stayed for the 1st half (the Mayor was there!) but, truth is, it was pretty much a very young crowd who knew each other pretty well (it seemed to me) and I didn't fit in so well, though I tried to. Anyway, decided to come home and listen on KTOK for the remainder.

Here's a general story on the Cox deal, http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/hornets_tvgames051024.html

[edited note: the schedule I posted in the original message was last year's schedule ... thanks to jdsplaypin for having sharper eyes than mine ... I deleted the image showing last year's schedule ... I'll see if I can find a 2005-2006 Cox schedule ... thanks, jdsplaypin!]

jdsplaypin
11-06-2005, 02:55 PM
shouldn't it be the 05-06 season?

Doug Loudenback
11-06-2005, 03:17 PM
shouldn't it be the 05-06 season?

YES! Thanks, jdsplaypin, I've edited my above post and am now looking for a 2005-2006 schedule! Thanks again!

Doug Loudenback
11-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, thanks to the sharper-than-mine eyes of jdsplaypin, pointing out the time-lapse error in my earlier post (I'm always trying to reduce my age by as much as I can, don't you know?), The schedule posted at Cox Sports is here: http://www.coxsportstv.com/TeamPage.aspx?TeamId=29&SportId=39 ... but, it also shows the Houston game being carried on Cox, which it wasn't (at least, not in OKC ... maybe it was in NOLA, I don't know). I'm looking further before I post another Cox OKC schedule.

writerranger
11-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Karrie, Cox doesn't carry the full schedule. To have seen it on TV, you'd need something called an "NBA Pass" ... for digital cable and/or satellite, I don't know. See this thread at Hornets Central about last night's game ... http://www.hornetscentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158

I went and stayed for the 1st half (the Mayor was there!) but, truth is, it was pretty much a very young crowd who knew each other pretty well (it seemed to me) and I didn't fit in so well, though I tried to. Anyway, decided to come home and listen on KTOK for the remainder.
Doug, Which game did you see? Were you in Houston?

Doug Loudenback
11-06-2005, 04:23 PM
writerranger,

No, I wasn't in Houston (the game the above posts refer to). I did see the 1st half on TV at Buffalo Wild Wings on NW Expressway, per the above. Is that what you were wondering about? If not, I've been to all of the Okc based games so far, and plan to get me a scalper ticket or two for this Wednesday's game.

writerranger
11-06-2005, 08:19 PM
I gotcha! I was confused (a fairly natural state for me).

By the way, off topic a second, your downtown OKC history page is awesome. So many memories! You obviously poured your heart and a love for this city into that site. Thanks for your hard work. OUTSTANDING!

Doug Loudenback
11-07-2005, 02:50 AM
I gotcha! I was confused (a fairly natural state for me).

By the way, off topic a second, your downtown OKC history page is awesome. So many memories! You obviously poured your heart and a love for this city into that site. Thanks for your hard work. OUTSTANDING!

Thanks! It's always good to get feedback, always appreciated.

okrednk
11-07-2005, 03:48 AM
I hope to see the Hornets do well this year. I forsee a trade coming in the future though, that is about what happens with every team almost every year, some trade comes around. I really hope some big names come to the Hornets and they make a push into the playoffs at least, would be a nice addition to the city. Maybe, just maybe the move from NO to OKC will start off on the right foot and we can start a rivalry with the Dallas, Houston and San Antonio teams.

Doug Loudenback
11-07-2005, 08:10 AM
woo hoo!! Go Hornets!!

I was trying to watch it on TV last night- is it televised on Cox only for Home games and if so can we watch away games - which channel?

Karrie, I never could find a schedule that showed TV (Cox) ... so I've made a page at http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/HornetsSchedule.htm . See the related link in this forum, about to be posted.

metro
11-07-2005, 08:50 AM
way to go, i was upset it wasn't a televised game though

HOT ROD
11-08-2005, 11:00 PM
The I-35 rivalry sounds GOOOOOOD to me!

We can't really call it Red River rivalry (because that is the OU = Texas game), but I-35 sounds great!!!

Im sure the Dallas game coming up will draw great interest in OKC. Especially since the Dallas owner is quite a celebrity and an exhibition in his own right! It should be a good one, especially when the OKC Hornets defeat the Mavs!!!

Talk about the blood boiling in Texas. We wipped Houston, in Houston - now lets gear up for the Mav spanking. Then we can practice for the big SA slapping.

upisgr8
11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Orlando beat Houston tonite lets wear them out, show up LOUD we will be in first place. Orlando has to be spent and we are rested and ready " giddy up hornets"

okrednk
11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Good luck yall. I wish I could be there. Hopefully someone will post some pics.

Doug Loudenback
11-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Good luck yall. I wish I could be there. Hopefully someone will post some pics.
I have no ticket, but I'm going unless god stops me! The pics may be from the cheap seats, but I'll be takin' 'em! Unless god stops me!