View Full Version : Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Pete
01-04-2021, 10:57 AM
Please post any updates about the vaccine availability here.

silvergrove
01-04-2021, 10:57 AM
They're testing a website for vaccine scheduling: https://kfor.com/news/state-health-department-expected-to-roll-out-vaccination-scheduling-portal-this-week/

**Small edit: May expose myself to trolls, but I have a PhD in microbiology and immunology. If you guys have any questions, I can try to see if I can clarify things or answer them to the best of my abilities.

Bellaboo
01-04-2021, 11:03 AM
I heard this morning that Canadian County has vaccines available for 1-8-21, this coming Friday. I called the county health department and they informed me to sign up on FB. At 9:30 am today this Friday was completely booked. 1,250 doses. They were giving 50 doses every 15 minutes.

mkjeeves
01-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Last week many of the county health departments listed sign up information on their facebook pages for dates this week scattered around the state for 65+, first responders and healthcare workers. Several hundred shots at each location. Nothing huge at any location. Oklahoma County was not one of them. They filled quickly. Comments on those pages are they plan to repeat on the same day of the week at those locations in coming weeks, with sign up links to be available again soon, but possibly moving to a new registration site. The one being used was down for a good long while over one night this weekend. I hope the new state portal that is about to roll out will help make all that more accessible, as well as produce whatever the plan is for most of us in the metro, what when where and how.

PoliSciGuy
01-04-2021, 11:15 AM
Is there a place that outlines who exactly is an “essential worker” according to phase 3 of the rollout? Everything I’ve found just refers to a Governor Executive Order but don’t actually link to the text of the EO

BDP
01-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Is there a place that outlines who exactly is an “essential worker” according to phase 3 of the rollout? Everything I’ve found just refers to a Governor Executive Order but don’t actually link to the text of the EO

Maybe they're referring to the EO from the spring that defined what businesses were deemed essential and could stay open? There's a list somewhere and I haven't found it yet. It used to be here:

https://www.okcommerce.gov/covid19/

silvergrove
01-04-2021, 11:30 AM
Maybe they're referring to the EO from the spring that defined what businesses were deemed essential and could stay open? There's a list somewhere and I haven't found it yet. It used to be here:

https://www.okcommerce.gov/covid19/

Is this it?: https://sos.ok.gov/documents/executive/1919.pdf

BDP
01-04-2021, 11:33 AM
Is this it?: https://sos.ok.gov/documents/executive/1919.pdf

After a quick scan, I don't see a list. Somewhere there is a list of NAISC codes they released that defined "essential" businesses. It was pretty broad, if I remember correctly.

Bill Robertson
01-04-2021, 11:33 AM
I wonder if it's referring to the March 24 EO that listed essential businesses and employees of?

From March 24:
So, what’s considered an essential business that will remain open? Stitt shared guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, identifying people working in the following fields as essential, critical infrastructure workers:

• Healthcare / public health
• Law enforcement, public safety, first responders
• Food and agriculture
• Energy
• Water and wastewater
• Transportation and logistics
• Public works
• Communications and information technology
• Other community-based government operations and essential functions
• Critical manufacturing
• Hazardous materials
• Financial services
• Chemical
• Defense industrial Base

PoliSciGuy
01-04-2021, 01:04 PM
I wonder if it's referring to the March 24 EO that listed essential businesses and employees of?

From March 24:
So, what’s considered an essential business that will remain open? Stitt shared guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, identifying people working in the following fields as essential, critical infrastructure workers:

• Healthcare / public health
• Law enforcement, public safety, first responders
• Food and agriculture
• Energy
• Water and wastewater
• Transportation and logistics
• Public works
• Communications and information technology
• Other community-based government operations and essential functions
• Critical manufacturing
• Hazardous materials
• Financial services
• Chemical
• Defense industrial Base

That's probably the one, thank you! My wife is a veterinarian and I'm trying to find out if she's covered in phase 3 or not

FighttheGoodFight
01-04-2021, 02:03 PM
Little more information on the Oklahoma Vaccine App. They were supposed to get one from the CDC and it didn't do what they wanted or function how they wanted. They got in contact with Microsoft and got an application developed on their own. They said it is moving along quickly.

The reason some counties had vaccine sign ups is the state wanted to get these out to people in Phase 1/2 without waiting for the app so they let them handle it. As you can imagine that is why some things were out of sorts.

Hope this app is good.

king183
01-04-2021, 05:31 PM
It appears the app and a central scheduling tool will be released by the state on Thursday morning. People will be able to register and get an appointment if they are the phases currently eligible for vaccination or be notified of appointment availability if they are not in the phases currently eligible. For example, if you are 65 or older and therefore in the phase currently eligible, you can go to the state’s website and register for an appointment to get vaccinated. If you are 22 and healthy (no comorbidities), you can still register and you will be notified once you’re eligible to schedule.

These vaccinations are generally happening at PODS (point of dispensation sites), such as Sooner Mall in Norman. They are holding back inventory for the booster shot so that people getting vaccinated this week can come back and get the booster shot in 4 weeks.

Keep an eye on the State Department of Health’s website on Thursday morning for the app and scheduling tool.

ahlokc
01-04-2021, 08:09 PM
That's probably the one, thank you! My wife is a veterinarian and I'm trying to find out if she's covered in phase 3 or not

This looks to be that list I think

https://www.okcommerce.gov/wp-content/uploads/Oklahoma-Essential-Industries-List.pdf

Also a bit more detailed info about the vaccine phases

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/covid19/documents/vaccine/COVID-19%20Vaccine%20Priority%20Population%20Framework%2 0for%20Oklahoma%20-%2012-10-20.pdf

Bill Robertson
01-05-2021, 07:09 AM
The OKC Govt FB page posted this. It's a sign up for over 65 at OCCHD.

https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/70a0d4babac2fabf58-vaccination1

ksearls
01-05-2021, 08:35 AM
The OKC Govt FB page posted this. It's a sign up for over 65 at OCCHD.

https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/70a0d4babac2fabf58-vaccination1

It was full in three minutes. I got a spot multiple times, filled out the info and it would say that someone else got it. Crazy. Also, where did you find that link? They never posted it on the occhd site that I saw.

Bill Robertson
01-05-2021, 08:38 AM
It was full in three minutes. I got a spot multiple times, filled out the info and it would say that someone else got it. Crazy. Also, where did you find that link? They never posted it on the occhd site that I saw.It was on a post on the OKC Govt Facebook page. I went to the OCCHD site also and never saw it there.

ksearls
01-05-2021, 08:45 AM
Well I guess I am driving my mom to Elk City :( At least I have that option.

Robert_M
01-05-2021, 09:07 AM
I searched and couldn't see a different thread on the topic and though this would be the best place to post. OCCHD has a project out to bid for a fast track testing and drive thru immunization center with a hard completion date of July 1, 2021 for the main building. They are also building a warehouse with a 270 completion time frame. Bids are due next Tuesday. Address is listed as 2720 Northeast 63rd Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. This is Southeast of the main facility and East of the Community Trails.

FighttheGoodFight
01-05-2021, 09:54 AM
The Oklahoma county 65+ POD was full in under 5 minutes. Good to see people are wanting this with a lot of demand.

king183
01-05-2021, 10:20 AM
Assuming the roll out of the app and scheduling tool goes well on Thursday, we should see the pace of vaccination pick up quite a bit. I expect a few hiccups at launch, but they should be fixed relatively quickly.

Make sure you're letting all your friends and family know about the scheduling opportunities and help them where you can since tech can be difficult for a lot of people.

Pete
01-05-2021, 10:24 AM
OCCHD has a project out to bid for a fast track testing and drive thru immunization center with a hard completion date of July 1, 2021 for the main building.

Thanks very much!

I created a new thread here:
https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=46108&

Rover
01-05-2021, 01:30 PM
It was full in three minutes. I got a spot multiple times, filled out the info and it would say that someone else got it. Crazy. Also, where did you find that link? They never posted it on the occhd site that I saw.
Same for me. It was under 3 min and all slots were full. I connected exactly at 9 and still was all full.

FighttheGoodFight
01-06-2021, 10:25 AM
You can sign up today to be alerted for your time to get vaccinated.

https://vaccinate.oklahoma.gov/

Bill Robertson
01-06-2021, 11:56 AM
I registered this morning. I got an email later that said:
you have been identified as a candidate for a group within Phase 2 of vaccinations. We are currently administering the vaccine to the residents who have been assigned to an earlier group. We will send you an email notification with information on how to schedule your vaccination as soon as your group within Phase 2 becomes active.

We'll register my wife when we get home.

Mott
01-06-2021, 01:02 PM
I registered this morning. I got an email later that said:
you have been identified as a candidate for a group within Phase 2 of vaccinations. We are currently administering the vaccine to the residents who have been assigned to an earlier group. We will send you an email notification with information on how to schedule your vaccination as soon as your group within Phase 2 becomes active.

We'll register my wife when we get home.

I did as well around 12:45 today, how long for your email reply, and what was the sending address, so I can search for later. Thanks!

Bill Robertson
01-06-2021, 01:12 PM
I did as well around 12:45 today, how long for your email reply, and what was the sending address, so I can search for later. Thanks!
It was from:
Noreply-vras1@health.ok.gov<Noreply-

And it was a couple hours.

Mott
01-06-2021, 01:35 PM
It was from:
Noreply-vras1@health.ok.gov<Noreply-

And it was a couple hours.

Thanks for that, I keep waiting for the response!

Pete
01-06-2021, 01:44 PM
I registered about 5 hours ago without a response.

I'm sure they are being completely overwhelmed.

jccouger
01-06-2021, 01:51 PM
I registered about 5 hours ago without a response.

I'm sure they are being completely overwhelmed.

I consider this a good thing. Sorry it is at your expense though, Pete.

Bellaboo
01-06-2021, 02:06 PM
I registered at 6:00 am this morning and the email came in just a few minutes. It told me I would be notified at a later time and that I was in Phase 2.

Bill Robertson
01-06-2021, 02:18 PM
So it sounds like as the day went on replies went from a few minutes to a couple hours to ?. Makes sense as more people registered.

corwin1968
01-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Did the initial message when you finished entering your information say something to the effect that you will be eligible for a later phase?

I should be phase 2 and I thought phase 2 had officially started, but that might just be a generic response to anyone who is not phase 1.

Richard at Remax
01-06-2021, 04:08 PM
Phase 4 :/

Bill Robertson
01-06-2021, 04:16 PM
Did the initial message when you finished entering your information say something to the effect that you will be eligible for a later phase?

I should be phase 2 and I thought phase 2 had officially started, but that might just be a generic response to anyone who is not phase 1.
I did get an immediate message that said something like that. Then later the email that said I qualified for Phase 2 but a later group. I'm thinking that even within each phase there are levels of priority.

BDP
01-06-2021, 04:35 PM
I haven't gotten an email, but it did say I was in a "later phase", which I already knew.

I'm curious, though, has anyone heard of anyone that's eligible for for phase 1 or 2 getting an appointment via this new portal?

BDP
01-06-2021, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking that even within each phase there are levels of priority.

I assumed that each group with the phases are in order of priority:

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/covid19/documents/vaccine/COVID-19%20Vaccine%20Priority%20Population%20Framework%2 0for%20Oklahoma%20-%2012-10-20.pdf

But, I also assume, for efficiency, they'll be some overlap.

I completely understand the basis for the priorities, but if they really wait until one phase of "subphase" is complete before issuing the first dose to the next, it will take forever to get a significant percentage of people vaccinated.

I'm phase 3 at the earliest, but I am more concerned about vulnerable friends and family getting vaccinated as soon as possible. Way more important than me getting it at this point.

Bill Robertson
01-06-2021, 04:46 PM
I haven't gotten an email, but it did say I was in a "later phase", which I already knew.

I'm curious, though, has anyone heard of anyone that's eligible for for phase 1 or 2 getting an appointment via this new portal?I've registered my wife and I and I know a couple other people who have registered. The "later phase" message at the end of the sign up seems to be automatic. Then the email tells you where you really fall.

mkjeeves
01-06-2021, 08:54 PM
I signed up and did not get an email. I'm phase 2, after 65+ apparently.

mkjeeves
01-07-2021, 06:14 AM
I signed up and did not get an email. I'm phase 2, after 65+ apparently.

An email arrived in my box this morning saying they would notify me when I am eligible.

Bill Robertson
01-07-2021, 07:18 AM
An email arrived in my box this morning saying they would notify me when I am eligible.
I registered my wife about 5:30 yesterday. She hasn't seen an email yet. Like Pete said I bet they're overwhelmed. Which could be a good sign.

Thomas Vu
01-07-2021, 08:10 AM
I received my email several hours after signing up. Phase 4.

Pete
01-07-2021, 09:21 AM
I also received a registration email last night.

I'll guess we'll now all wait to be notified.

sooner88
01-07-2021, 09:30 AM
I received my email this morning, and surprisingly I'm in Phase 3 due to working in an essential business even though I'm in my 30s in good health.

Bellaboo
01-07-2021, 09:48 AM
I registered real early yesterday and got the email very quick, like a couple minutes. I was in phase 2. My wife registered 30 minutes after I did, and we think she would be in phase 3. She still hasn't gotten an email. So this morning she registered again, but after she entered the insurance info it told her she was already registered. All we can think of is maybe she put her email in incorrectly ?

ksearls
01-07-2021, 09:50 AM
Is anyone who has received an email reply on cox.net? I hope they have not blocked my message! My entire family uses cox and none of us have received a reply.

rjstone208
01-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Supposedly the portal's appointment link would be active at 8 a.m. this morning. I'm old and in the top of the Phase 2 group although my email (on Cox) said that they would notify me whenever they started Phase 2. However, the appointment link wasn't active at 8 a.m. A line on the portal page said it would be active soon. Soon never came. That line is now gone with just the questionnaire link active. Looks like the portal broke before it even started. Messaged the Cleveland County Health Dept since they've been pretty responsive to questions but only silence now. Lot of smoke and mirrors with no real honesty from the State about what's going on. Even a line on the portal page that the appointment scheduler is broke and they're working on it would be good. Guess too much to expect that the State would keep citizens informed.

Pete
01-07-2021, 10:51 AM
^

It's unbelievable that each county is left to deal with this on their own.

There are 77 counties just in Oklahoma.

What a complete cluster.

Mott
01-07-2021, 01:08 PM
No email confirming sign up, 24 hours ago, so reregistered, and was given already signed up, so we’ll see...

corwin1968
01-07-2021, 01:49 PM
Registered early yesterday afternoon and still no e-mail

I also assume the system is just overloaded.

FighttheGoodFight
01-07-2021, 02:07 PM
Good info:

- 180,404 Oklahomans have registered on the portal
- 101,129 of those are currently eligible for vaccine
- 2,761 appointments scheduled so far
- 30k emails have been sent alerting people of eligibility

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/status/1347284901037551622?s=20

We got 30k shots this week and getting 46k next week.

TheTravellers
01-07-2021, 02:16 PM
Good info:

- 30k emails have been sent alerting people of eligibility

https://twitter.com/KassieMcClung/status/1347284901037551622?s=20

We got 30k shots this week and getting 46k next week.

And in the meantime, Israel, with roughly double the population of OK, has been surpassing 150K vaccinations per *day* since 12/20/20. :(

mkjeeves
01-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Thursday, January 07, 2021

The Vaccine Scheduler Portal is operational as of 8 a.m. this morning to allow eligible Oklahomans to schedule their COVID-19 vaccination. Over the course of today and tomorrow, OSDH will provide a mid-day and end of day update as the portal is launched and established. We do not anticipate this cadence to continue into next week.

Updates as of 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 7:

180,404 Oklahomans have registered through the portal to receive notifications on eligibility
Of these, 101,129 are currently within an eligible priority group to receive the vaccine
Phase 1: 4,037
Phase 2 eligible groups: 97,092
2,761 appointments have been scheduled by Oklahomans eligible to receive the vaccine
The portal’s scheduling feature launched at 8 a.m. Since that time, 30,000 email notifications have been sent to eligible Oklahomans
Users will continue to receive email notifications throughout the day as appointments become available in the system
Additional appointments are being added into the system today and will continue throughout this week
Current priority groups that are eligible for vaccine appointments as part of Phase 2 of the vaccine plan:
Healthcare workers
Expanded healthcare worker group such as allied health fields and general outpatient health service (i.e. behavioral health, dentists)
First responders
Oklahomans aged 65+

What to expect when registering:

Successful registration within the portal does not guarantee an appointment. Registering only means you will be notified when you are eligible to schedule your appointment.
We’ve received reports that some users are encountering challenges with manually entering addresses that don’t perfectly match what USPS has on file. OSDH is aware of the issue and a system fix is being implemented today.
We ask for continued patience as we work out any initial issues/bugs discovered while setting up the portal to be operational.
Email notifications: Currently, there are only two emails people will receive from this system.
1) A registration confirmation email. This confirms that you are registered in the system and will be notified when you are eligible to receive the vaccine.
2) A phase confirmation email with a link to set up an appointment. This email will be sent when you are eligible to receive the vaccine and an appointment is available in your area.
It's important that users answer each questionnaire question with "yes" as it applies to them. Do not skip over this part as these answers are what put you into the correct priority group. For example, if a person is age 65 or older, they must choose “yes” to indicate they belong in this phase group.
Unfortunately, the portal does not currently allow a user to change responses after the form has been submitted. In the case that incorrect responses are submitted, a new email account must be used to create a new registration.
If a user has to abandon a registration session, be advised that they will need to wait 24 hours for the system to reset before being able to use the same email address again.
Due to the large volume of individuals visiting the portal, and the resulting volume of email notifications to be sent, the system is issuing emails on a batch basis. Emails are sent out over a span of time in the order in which registrations occurred. As a result, some emails may be delayed. Emails should be received within 24 hours during these peak volume times.

Reminders:

Appointment availability is dependent upon vaccine supply. New appointments are added as vaccine supply allows. Additionally, please be patient with the scheduler portal today as we work to ensure all available appointments are properly added throughout the day.
You must register at vaccinate.oklahoma.gov to receive email notifications regarding vaccine appointment availability.
If Oklahomans are a part of a priority group and phase eligible to receive the vaccine, but are not able to schedule an appointment, there will be additional opportunities to do so next Thursday. Those residents will be notified of their ability to schedule appointments via email.

Additional Resources:

https://oklahoma.gov/covid19/newsroom/2021/january/portal-update--osdh-vaccine-scheduler-portal-operational-for-eli.html?fbclid=IwAR0k1RduJ9295Wr9eqAZNJtDuBKVNTvO Su2XZLh5LPyBkadAQwDX2AuSV1s

RYSOONER1
01-07-2021, 04:58 PM
If you don't mind driving a couple of hours to Medford, go to gsphealth.org. They currently have many slots available for Thursday, Jan 28.

ksearls
01-08-2021, 08:50 AM
I registered around 3:00 on January 6 and just now received my confirmation and Phase email - so hang in there if you have not received yours!

Bellaboo
01-08-2021, 09:46 AM
If you have not gotten your confirmation of signup email - did you check the tab to get in email form ? Otherwise they will call you to let you know what phase you're in, and good luck with that...

BDP
01-08-2021, 10:13 AM
Good info:

This gives some insight into what the problem is. According to the CDC, 264,000 doses have been distributed to Oklahoma, yet out of the 101k currently eligible that signed up, they could only schedule 2,761 appointments. We clearly do not have the infrastructure in place to actually meet demand. They can send us all the doses they want, but until there's enough people and places to handle and administer the vaccine, this is not going to work.

BDP
01-08-2021, 10:20 AM
And in the meantime, Israel, with roughly double the population of OK, has been surpassing 150K vaccinations per *day* since 12/20/20. :(

Yeah, but they have a robust public health infrastructure. It definitely seems like we're going to have to find and use public emergency resources if we want to even get close to Israel's vaccination rate.

What's crazy is that, even at our slow pace, Oklahoma is one of the better states in terms of vaccinations per capita.

TheTravellers
01-08-2021, 10:20 AM
This gives some insight into what the problem is. According to the CDC, 264,000 doses have been distributed to Oklahoma, yet out of the 101k currently eligible that signed up, they could only schedule 2,761 appointments. We clearly do not have the infrastructure in place to actually meet demand. They can send us all the doses they want, but until there's enough people and places to handle and administer the vaccine, this is not going to work.

Especially since the vaccines have limited shelf lives of 6 months:

The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines both have a shelf life of up to six months, but Pfizer's requires ultra-cold storage to last that long, the company said in November.

That means Pfizer's vaccine must be kept at about minus 70 degrees Celsius (minus 158 Fahrenheit), which requires a special kind of commercial freezer. The vaccine can only be stored for five days at regular refrigeration temperatures.

Pfizer said the vaccine is being distributed in thermal shippers, which maintain ultra-cold temperatures using dry ice. The vaccine can last up to 30 days by refilling these shippers with dry ice every five days.

On the other hand, Moderna said its vaccine can be stored for up to six months at standard freezer temperatures around minus 20 degrees Celsius (minus 4 Fahrenheit) or 30 days refrigerated at about 2 to 8 degrees Celsius (36 to 46 Fahrenheit).

jerrywall
01-08-2021, 10:25 AM
I so think the rate at which the vaccines are distributed will jump significantly once they're not having to limit and control is to specific groups. Just the logistics of getting just those targeted folks in and scheduled I think adds a lot of complications. Surely, once it's being made more available to the general public the options for getting the vaccines will be much more widespread and readily available.

catch22
01-08-2021, 10:40 AM
I so think the rate at which the vaccines are distributed will jump significantly once they're not having to limit and control is to specific groups. Just the logistics of getting just those targeted folks in and scheduled I think adds a lot of complications. Surely, once it's being made more available to the general public the options for getting the vaccines will be much more widespread and readily available.

Perhaps the phasing could have been done on a daily basis. Let everyone sign up for a given day. And fill the slots based on what phase you are in. For example if 1,000 appointments are available for tomorrow and 700 people in Phase 1 sign up, the next 300 slots would be available to the next phase.

At some point the numbers need to be ramped up and all available doses needed to be administered as fast as possible, especially with a month or so lag time in order for any benefit to be had from the vaccine.