View Full Version : "Home Alone" has stop in Oklahoma City

mranderson
09-17-2004, 05:36 PM
I just found out MacCulley Culkin, the rude, snobby bad boy of "Home Alone" fame has been given the "honor" of being the guest of John Whetzel.

Culkin was stopped by Oklahoma City Police about 6: 00PM, where drugs were found in his car. He will be charged with possession of a controlled substane and possession of drug paraphanailia.

Looks like this bad boy might just be an okie for a few years. Gives "Mac" a whole new meaning. (Mac is his nickname)

Patrick
09-18-2004, 12:46 AM
LOL! That's hilarious. He was on his way from NY to LA. Took OKC Police to fnally nab the kid. I know our police get a bad rap a lot of times, but I praise them for this one. Also, the Sheriff's department actually handled this, so I praise Sheriff Whetsel's staff.

Apparently, he not only had marijuana in the car, but also Xanax and Klonopin (Clonazepam), both anti-anxiety meds and so-called "downers" on the street. He didn't have a prescription for the meds...they were illegal.

------------
"Macauley Culkin arrested for drug possession in Oklahoma

By Jesse Olivarez
The Oklahoman

Oklahoma City police arrested child film star Macaulay Culkin, 24, Friday afternoon after a traffic stop near Interstate 44 and Kelley.
Culkin was taken to the Oklahoma County jail and was booked on complaints of possession of a controlled dangerous substance without a prescription, possession of marijuana, and a municipal charge of possession of marijuana. Becker said the total weight of the marijuana was approximately 17.3 grams.

His bail was set at $4,000, which he made two hours later.

As he left the jail, Culkin did not talk to reporters, only saying, “Jesus,” when he saw news media at the scene.

Oklahoma City Police Sgt. Jeffrey Becker said about 3:50 p.m. an Oklahoma City patrol officer saw a tan car traveling at a high rate of speed and stopped the car near I-44 and Kelley Avenue.

Becker said the driver, Brett M. Tabisel, 22, of New York consented to a search.

Becker said the officer then asked Culkin to step out and put a dog he had with him on a leash. The officer advised Culkin that Tabisel had given him consent to search the vehicle.

Becker said Culkin then told the officer he had $3,000 in a black bag on the floor. Culkin showed the officer where the bag was and they opened it together. Becker said the officer found a plastic bag of what appeared to be fresh cut marijuana. Becker said Tabisel then told the officer there were prescription drugs in the car. When the officer asked Culkin about the drugs, Becker said Culkin pulled a clear plastic bag out of his pants pocket which contained about 24 pills which included Xanex and sleeping pills.

Becker said another search of the car the officer found a silver metal cigarette box that contained six handrolled marijuana cigarettes and two small burnt cigarettes.

Tabisel was ticketed for speeding, making an improper lane change, and a municipal charge of marijuana possession. He was released and took custody of the dog and the vehicle.

Becker said Culkin and Tabisel were traveling from New York to Los Angeles.

“When he posted bond, he was free to go wherever he wants to go,” Becker said.

Becker said the officers described both Culkin and Tabisel as being very cooperative and did not cause any problems during the arrest.

In Los Angeles, Culkin’s publicist, Michelle Bega, declined to comment.

Culkin is best known for his starring roles in “Home Alone” and “Home Alone 2.” He also has appeared in numerous other films, including “The Good Son,” “Richie Rich,” and this year’s release, “Saved!,” co-starring singer and actress Mandy Moore.

He had also briefly “retired” from acting in 1995, married, then divorced two years later in 2000, according to information from the IMDb.com Web site, which tracks information in the film industry. "

Joe Schmoe
09-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Troubled child actor found with drugs & a bag of cash...

Now there's a novel news item.

I keep telling my kids that I'm doing them a favor by not raising them as millionairs.

:D

mranderson
09-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Just because someone is "raised a millionare," does not mean they will be a spoiled rotten brat to the degree Culkin is.

His parents were not the greatest parents on earth. They let him and his siblings run wild, wrecking hotel rooms when they were young, out all night, and never controled them.

Most "millionares" are well adjusted people that have very productive lives. Plus, there are a lot more "millionares" around than you might imagine. In order to plan for retirement, you really need a million or two in investments to do it right.

The extreem wealthy. That is different as far as numbers. Plus, the one's you hear about are the extreem. Like Culkin. Other examples are the Menedez brothers, Todd Bridges, Adam Rich, just to name a few. Most of the ones are child entertainers who could not handle the pressure of celebrity status.

Plus. Another note that really bothers me. Did you notice all of the coverage, including the networks are saying they did not know why Culkin was in Oklahoma City? I bet if it was any other city and state, they would have left that one out.

He was passing through on his way home. Coincidence. I bet there are hundreds of celebrities that pass through. Probably at least one a day. Oklahoma City is a major artery to the coasts.

Patrick
09-18-2004, 07:18 PM
You're absolutely right mranderson. Poor people allow their kids to run wild jsut as much as wealthy people do. If you don't believe it, go to Wal-Mart sometime on a Saturday afternoon.
It all has to do with discipline.

Hyena
09-20-2004, 03:00 PM
He'll buy his way out of trouble. You will observe a lot more of this behavior if Oklahoma allows morals to deteriorate by instituting a state lottery.

mranderson
09-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Culkin was in possession of drugs. The lottery has nothing to do with it. Plus, he has been in and out of trouble for years due to his parents letting him run their lives.

KOCO reported Culkin's charges are all misdomeners and he will, in all likelihood, be required to enter rehab and may be barred from entering Oklahoma. The latter may be by his choice and not part of his plea agreement.

There will be no "buying his way out." It is reasonable for anyone passing through with that small quanity.

Maybe he will learn a lesson. I doubt he will EVER forget Oklahoma City.

Also. From what I have been told, he did not see a cell. They booked him and held him in a Captain's office until he was released.