View Full Version : Cross Timbers Brewing Co.

Pete
12-07-2020, 08:35 AM
Work has started at 1900 Linwood for a brewery and taproom for Cross Timbers.

They will be taking the large industrial space behind Dead People's Stuff as well as the patio facing the old train tracks.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbers082320b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbers082320c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbers082320e.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbers082320f.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbers082320g.jpg

warreng88
12-07-2020, 09:34 AM
All that work going on makes so much sense now.

Pete, I know there were a lot of properties changing hands a few years ago with some heavy hitters getting in on Linwood. Any other developments you see happening in the area any time soon?

Pete
12-07-2020, 09:37 AM
Pete, I know there were a lot of properties changing hands a few years ago with some heavy hitters getting in on Linwood. Any other developments you see happening in the area any time soon?

Not that I know of. There have been no planning documents or permits filed.

shawnw
12-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Meant to tell you about this, had heard it was happening a few months ago... glad it's out there now

BridgeBurner
12-07-2020, 03:24 PM
I drive past this every day and had noticed all the cool fencing and work going on, always love new brewery options!

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-07-2020, 06:49 PM
It sounds like there is a BBQ joint being planned for nearby too from a quick look a while back at the building permits.

zefferoni
12-08-2020, 06:44 AM
Linwood Blvd always seemed like it'd be a great corridor for fun stuff to go in. Now they just need to restore the streetcar line to Linwood neighborhood so I don't have to get an uber home ;)

SEMIweather
12-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Linwood Blvd always seemed like it'd be a great corridor for fun stuff to go in. Now they just need to restore the streetcar line to Linwood neighborhood so I don't have to get an uber home ;)

I mean you've already got the billboard about hot dogs causing cancer, what could be more fun than that LOL

PaddyShack
12-09-2020, 07:05 AM
Was this space that the Dead People's Stuff folks were using or has it been vacant?

Pete
12-09-2020, 07:07 AM
Was this space that the Dead People's Stuff folks were using or has it been vacant?

Dead People's Stuff is in the front building facing Linwood.

This is the industrial building behind.

Martin
12-09-2020, 09:24 AM
it's been a few years since i've been, but dead people's stuff used to occupy the center section of 1900 linwood... both the front section and the flat-roofed industrial section behind it. unless dead people's stuff has drastically reduced its footprint, i'd guess that cross timbers will use just the eastern gabled section of the building and the adjoining dock.

Dob Hooligan
12-09-2020, 05:20 PM
Help me here. I recall this overall property was Masterbuilt Motors during the 1970s and 80s; Jack Smithschick bought it in the early 1990s and moved Architectural Antiques there after he sold his building located a couple doors east of Spaghetti Warehouse in Bricktown; Smithschick sold this property to Chip Fudge and family within the last 10 years, and they operated Dead People's Stuff, as well as the current expanded property use?

Pete
12-09-2020, 05:24 PM
^

I believe that is all correct.

OkieBerto
10-14-2021, 09:56 AM
Sign is up! Getting close.

John Knight
10-15-2021, 09:13 AM
They are planning for a November opening.

Pete
11-11-2021, 07:16 AM
Cross Timbers is having its grand opening this weekend from noon to midnight on Saturday and noon to 6 on Sunday. They'll have food trucks as well.

From then on hours will be Wed & Thur- 4p-10p, Fri & Sat- 12p-12a, Sun- 12p-6p.

I absolutely love this development with Edge BBQ, Dead People's Stuff and now this cool space with a great covered patio. Dead People's Stuff also has a ton of interesting items on their back patio and the whole space just has tons of character.

I took all these photos last night just before a soft opening.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021d.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021e.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021f.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021g.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021h.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021i.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021j.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021k.jpg

dcsooner
11-11-2021, 07:41 AM
This place looks absolutely fabulous. Wish them great success. Love that little fire pit area.

Pete
11-11-2021, 07:49 AM
OKC now has some super-cool breweries and taprooms that have taken former industrial properties and converted them into some of the best urban spaces anywhere.

Stonecloud, Fair Weather Friend, Angry Scotsman, OK Cider, Skydance, Prairie, Broke Brewing, Core4, Anthem, Elk Valley, Frenzy, Lively, Twisted Spike...

And several more planned, including the COOP project is the former armory.

FighttheGoodFight
11-11-2021, 08:38 AM
Next time I grab some BBQ at edgecraft I am walking over. Looks really nice!

Ross MacLochness
11-11-2021, 09:06 AM
HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/ct111021a.jpg

Great view!!

unfundedrick
11-11-2021, 09:30 PM
It seems to me that this is an ideal location for some occasional live entertainment, either indoors or outdoors, since there is no nearby residential to bother.

CCOKC
11-16-2021, 07:59 AM
When I drove by there last Saturday afternoon there were so many cars parked on the street it was amazing. I always wonder how so many people find out about these cool businesses. Especially when they are in such out of the way places. When I did homeless outreach (before COVID) there were many a time that we served our friends in this area being that it is so close to the day shelter.

Pete
11-16-2021, 08:09 AM
When I drove by there last Saturday afternoon there were so many cars parked on the street it was amazing. I always wonder how so many people find out about these cool businesses. Especially when they are in such out of the way places.

With all humility, I can guarantee you it was largely due to the Friday OKCTalk social media posts on Cross Timbers.

We had nearly 40,000 (!) engagements on our Instagram post alone and over 3,600 'likes'. For comparison, The Oklahoman may get a few hundred likes for its most popular posts and most get below 100; OKCTalk has averaged over 2,400 thus far in 2021.

Numbers were huge on Facebook and Twitter as well. OKCTalk is an absolute force on social media; our posts get exponentially more engagement than any other social media account in the entire state. And social media is where the younger people who are interested in this type of place get their news.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbersinsta.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/crosstimbersfb.jpg

CCOKC
11-17-2021, 11:58 AM
Those are very interesting numbers. Thanks for sharing.

FighttheGoodFight
11-17-2021, 12:05 PM
This just feels like a win for Cross Timbers, Dead People's Stuff and Edgecraft. Lots of traffic in this area for all those businesses.

Pete
11-17-2021, 12:09 PM
^

Yes, they all play off each other.

Such a cool development.

dankrutka
11-17-2021, 09:50 PM
I was there on opening day and all the staff said they were slammed all day. They looked so worn out, but happy at the success too. The bartender literally said, “they posted it on OKCTalk and that’s how everyone found out.” It’s a great spot.

Mballard85
11-18-2021, 07:04 AM
We went by on Sunday to have a flight and some BBQ, both places were really worn out. Interestingly we went to Edge and they sold out after I went in, he said Sunday is their slow day, but they had 31 people lined up at open. I am thinking some of that is due to Cross Timbers, I saw a lot of boxes in Cross Timbers.

This looks like it is going to be a massive win for all involved.

Pete
11-18-2021, 07:12 AM
^

OKCTalk promoted Edge and Dead People's Stuff in the social media posts about Cross Timbers.

FighttheGoodFight
11-18-2021, 07:14 AM
We went by on Sunday to have a flight and some BBQ, both places were really worn out. Interestingly we went to Edge and they sold out after I went in, he said Sunday is their slow day, but they had 31 people lined up at open. I am thinking some of that is due to Cross Timbers, I saw a lot of boxes in Cross Timbers.

This looks like it is going to be a massive win for all involved.

Zach said last weekend was his best yet. Good to hear. I need to get there again and have some of his new brussel sprout side.

fromdust
10-10-2023, 08:30 PM
I posted this on the Oklahoma Brewery thread, but they have closed the doors.

Jeepnokc
10-10-2023, 11:13 PM
I posted this on the Oklahoma Brewery thread, but they have closed the doors.

Hate to hear that. We went couple of times after buying a place couple doors down. Had a great outdoor area but the food truck was stuck right in the middle under the patio and the generator was so loud that it wasn't enjoyable.

Jersey Boss
10-11-2023, 12:21 AM
Disappointing news. I had not been in awhile but they had a kitchen. The beer was good and the owner a solid guy.

Jersey Boss
10-11-2023, 09:56 AM
Disappointing news. I had not been in awhile but they had a kitchen. The beer was good and the owner a solid guy.

My bad. I mistakenly thought Cross Canons in Norman was the topic. Nevermind

fromdust
10-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Hate to hear that. We went couple of times after buying a place couple doors down. Had a great outdoor area but the food truck was stuck right in the middle under the patio and the generator was so loud that it wasn't enjoyable.

oh snap! we're neighbors

FighttheGoodFight
10-12-2023, 09:33 AM
My bad. I mistakenly thought Cross Canons in Norman was the topic. Nevermind

Crossed Cannons ain't going anywhere unless they tear down Campus Corner. That place cleans up on Gamedays. Great beer as well as great owners who support veterans.

Jersey Boss
10-12-2023, 03:05 PM
Crossed Cannons ain't going anywhere unless they tear down Campus Corner. That place cleans up on Gamedays. Great beer as well as great owners who support veterans.

Hence my confusion. I like this place and having their own kitchen is a plus.
I can't comment on Crosstimbers as I never had a reason to go there.