View Full Version : Homeland at Lincoln and NE 36th

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TheTravellers
09-29-2021, 11:45 AM
Is it possible they aren't talking about the logistics, but rather the purchasing terms the warehouse has with the supplier itself?

Possible, but why? Seems kinda stupid to have a 6-pack of hamburgers, a 12-pack of hamburgers, and a 6-pack of chicken sandwiches, but not a 6-pack of cheeseburgers. And something I forgot to mention is that they *used* to carry them, then they disappeared a couple of years ago (pre-pandemic, I believe). So we just get them at Walgreen's.

Bill Robertson
09-29-2021, 12:16 PM
The White Castle Cheeseburger thing is baffling. Can't have anything to do with demographics. Unless they didn't sell many cheeseburgers but I can't imagine they sell that many more hamburgers or chicken sandwiches.

Roger S
09-29-2021, 12:37 PM
Possible, but why? Seems kinda stupid to have a 6-pack of hamburgers, a 12-pack of hamburgers, and a 6-pack of chicken sandwiches, but not a 6-pack of cheeseburgers. And something I forgot to mention is that they *used* to carry them, then they disappeared a couple of years ago (pre-pandemic, I believe). So we just get them at Walgreen's.

Casey's usually have them and so does Crest if you ever get a 3 AM craving and need an all night option to get them.

TheTravellers
09-29-2021, 12:57 PM
Casey's usually have them and so does Crest if you ever get a 3 AM craving and need an all night option to get them.

Ha, thanks, we almost always have a box in the freezer. :) Hint - steam them for 12 mins and they come pretty close to the real thing.

Roger S
09-29-2021, 01:03 PM
Ha, thanks, we almost always have a box in the freezer. :) Hint - steam them for 12 mins and they come pretty close to the real thing.

Hmmmmm.... Never tried thought about trying that.

I was in Chattanooga last week and I could smell the real thing in Nashville but we didn't go there so I had to settle for Krystal while I was in Tennessee.

Timshel
09-29-2021, 03:33 PM
Have been in a number of times. I live close by so it will be a great option for "basic" groceries, though I agree with others that Whole Foods/TJs/Sprouts/etc. will continue to be in the rotation for speciality items.

Pete
10-18-2021, 08:06 AM
They have started the murals on the south side of the building:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/homeland101721a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/homeland101721b.jpg

UncleCyrus
02-19-2022, 07:35 PM
I will echo the above comments about how good it is to have a full line grocery store in this area. It is very close to work, and currently the closest to home. However, am I the only one noticing the huge empty gaps on the shelves on a regular basis? I know there are some product shipping issues, but I can drive a little further to 18th and the items I am looking for are there. I don’t want to be critical, just sharing my experience. I hope they can work this out, because this store is very convenient for most things.

Bowser214
02-20-2022, 08:41 AM
Construction of The Homeland Headquarters next to the grocery store seems to be at a halt. It's been an empty shell for months.

TheTravellers
02-20-2022, 09:41 AM
I will echo the above comments about how good it is to have a full line grocery store in this area. It is very close to work, and currently the closest to home. However, am I the only one noticing the huge empty gaps on the shelves on a regular basis? I know there are some product shipping issues, but I can drive a little further to 18th and the items I am looking for are there. I don’t want to be critical, just sharing my experience. I hope they can work this out, because this store is very convenient for most things.

Funny, we say the same thing about gaping holes on the shelves at the 18th Homeland when we go there weekly (half the time they're things we had on our list, unfortunately)...

Bill Robertson
02-20-2022, 01:02 PM
Each store gets a weekly restock order unless there's an emergency like the great clean out of March 2020. I wonder if you guys are hitting the stores on the wrong day?

Bill Robertson
02-20-2022, 01:06 PM
Moving of the corp offices and warehouse facilities are on permanent hold. Probably not going to happen at all. They've been spending a lot of money expanding, interconnecting and upgrading the warehouses and repaving the drives with heavy duty concrete. And updating the current offices. They plan on staying put for now.

TheTravellers
02-20-2022, 04:53 PM
Each store gets a weekly restock order unless there's an emergency like the great clean out of March 2020. I wonder if you guys are hitting the stores on the wrong day?

Only weekly? Even for produce/meat/fresh things? We go on Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays, so yeah, we're most likely getting the last things before a truck comes in on Mon.

Bill Robertson
02-20-2022, 05:43 PM
Only weekly? Even for produce/meat/fresh things? We go on Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays, so yeah, we're most likely getting the last things before a truck comes in on Mon.Oops. Sorry. Weekly delivery is dry, canned and such goods that come through the warehouse. Fresh meat and produce are a different supply chain that my wife isn't connected to.

Urbanized
02-21-2022, 06:54 AM
Only weekly? Even for produce/meat/fresh things? We go on Fridays, and sometimes Saturdays, so yeah, we're most likely getting the last things before a truck comes in on Mon.
Yep. Sunday is generally when I’m able to break free to go to the Homeland at 18th and Classen, it it is regularly pretty picked-over then. Chip aisle, soda aisle, dairy, etc are often pretty tough. I’ve come to accept it as a result of my own scheduling, while understanding that the timing is surely influenced by labor shortages both at the store and at the suppliers making deliveries.

When I manage to visit during other times of the week it is usually pretty well-stocked.