View Full Version : CARES Act Funding

Jersey Boss
09-05-2020, 12:43 PM
The city of OKC decided that a bible museum in DC was a good use of limited funds.
HL got the maximum payout of 100k.

Museum of the Bible in Washington D.C. approved for Oklahoma CARES Act money because of its OKC headquarters | KFOR.com Oklahoma City
https://kfor.com/news/local/museum-of-the-bible-in-washington-d-c-approved-for-oklahoma-cares-act-money-because-of-its-okc-headquarters/

rwalker
09-05-2020, 12:54 PM
The museum has plenty of jobs located here in OKC. Not sure I see the angle as the CARES act makes no distinction between a for-profit or non-profit employer (or even religious non-profit for that matter).

Jeepnokc
09-05-2020, 01:07 PM
The museum has plenty of jobs located here in OKC. Not sure I see the angle as the CARES act makes no distinction between a for-profit or non-profit employer (or even religious non-profit for that matter).

79 employees in OKC according to news last night. With their main benefactor being worth approx. 6 billion dollars....not sure they needed as much as some of the many small businesses that are shutting down.

Jersey Boss
09-05-2020, 01:07 PM

The angle is 100k for 79 jobs for a facility on the other side of the country.
Now I will say that it is a subjective call on best use of limited funds to maximize their use. In my opinion it is not.

rwalker
09-05-2020, 03:08 PM
The angle is 100k for 79 jobs for a facility on the other side of the country.
Now I will say that it is a subjective call on best use of limited funds to maximize their use. In my opinion it is not.

Fair enough, but the CARES Act doesn’t really care where a business’s assets are located. It is focused on where the employees are located.

So whether the museum is in DC or Oklahoma is a bit of a red herring for CARES Act purposes.

foodiefan
09-05-2020, 03:40 PM
79 employees in OKC according to news last night. With their main benefactor being worth approx. 6 billion dollars....not sure they needed as much as some of the many small businesses that are shutting down.

+1

_