View Full Version : New Restaurants on Memorial Road?

crazy4ou
11-03-2005, 08:09 AM
It appears that there are a couple of new restaurants being built on Memorial Road between May and Portland. Does anyone know what they are and have a link? I know there is a Mahogany being built but I'm talking about the two just east of there. Thanks.

metro
11-03-2005, 09:15 AM
there is already a thread with this discussion

crazy4ou
11-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Someone said one of them is a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Any Link? What is the other one?

Karried
11-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I borrowed this from another thread - it's hard sometimes to find what you are looking for... if ever in doubt run a Search from taskbar on the OKC home page and type in key words - I used Memorial May restaurants - here is what I found:

One of them is 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' a Jimmy Buffett spin off.
www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com (http://www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com/)

At Memorial Square, the building north of Red Robin is beatuy brands, a chain very similar to ULTA.

Speaking of other development on Memorial...

At the old Cowboy Bob's location, Emmerson Bigguns (sports bar) is taking over that space.

In the Burger King building at Western & Memorial, a mexican restaurant (whose name slipped me at the moment) is going in.

The Shell at Western & Memorial is building what looks to be a new 'store' where the carwash used to be, and I assume they will tear down the small building under the awning, making room for more pumps, and convert the newer lube & change building into the carwash.

A Courtyard Marriott is going in behind Coppermark Bank, next to Lowe's.

Baker Street Pub, in the old China Coast/Court space is shaping up and shouldn't be too much longer before it is open.

Mahogany's steakhouse is shaping up as well.

The only question is, where is all this traffic going to go? ;)

metro
11-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Don't forget about Fuddruckers, I also think a new place is going in at the old house of bedlam

Patrick
11-05-2005, 08:18 PM
metro, I remember a Fudruckers was going in on Memorial, but I couldn't remember where. Something was telling me it was going to be next to Red Robin. I personally think it was a bad move to put a Beauty Brands in with the strip of restaurants. Seems like that would've fit better over next to Circuit City. Oh well.

TheImmortal
11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I agree. I think it would have been nice to have just that concentration of more "upscale" restaurants. And when I say upscale I mean something a little nicer and better quality than your good ole Applebees and Fridays. Does anyone know what businesses are going to be in the buildings they are constructing that adjoin with Circuit City?

jbrown84
11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Well the buildings on either side of the Red Robin wouldn't really work for restaurants, except maybe a fast-casual kind of place like Camilles or Moe's Southwest Grill.

I was just at Bravo Cucina today (LOVE that place) and I really like that little development with the upscale restaurants around the little fountain plaza. It's so much better than a bunch of pad sites surrounded by parking.

Curt
11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Someone said one of them is a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Any Link? What is the other one?
http://www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com/island_hop.asp

Curt
11-06-2005, 09:22 PM
I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.
Well, good God Almighty, which way do I steer
For my cheeseburger in paradise.

Patrick
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
By the way, a David's Bridal is locating next to Circuit City.

diesel
11-19-2005, 02:13 PM
they really are trying to either keep the two pads secret to the east of mahogany or they just are not wanting to put up signs.. the buildings are almost complete and they still do not have signs as to what they are... luckly we have okctalk people to inform us.. :)

thevacman
11-19-2005, 03:40 PM
I do know that Carrabbas Italian Grill will be opening an OKC location soon. I do not know the location but it is possible that it is one of those buildings. If they start planting trees on the roof we'll know for sure its Carrabbas. It is a great Italian place from the owners of Outback Steakhouse. Tulsa has 2 of them.

jdsplaypin
11-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Similar to Macaroni Grill

Patrick
11-19-2005, 07:58 PM
They signed a lease with Penn Square Mall, but Penn Square broke the lease when they found out Olive Garden was locating across the street. They instead replaced the tenant with Elephant Bar and Grill.

John
11-19-2005, 08:13 PM
An Applebee's is being constructed on the south side of Memorial, between Schlotzky's and Men's Wearhouse.

jbrown84
11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Are you serious? What about the one 3 miles away at Broadway between Memorial and 33rd?

metro
11-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Its more than 3 miles and who wants to drive to Edmond and mess with all the construction and traffic if you're in the Memorial area already

John
11-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Its more than 3 miles and who wants to drive to Edmond and mess with all the construction and traffic if you're in the Memorial area already

'Zackly. They draw from totally different areas.

jbrown84
11-21-2005, 05:18 PM
That is true I suppose.

Pete
11-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Fuddruckers is coming to Memorial?

That's funny because when I was a commerical real estate broker, I handled the transaction that brought them to the old AMC theater complex on the NEC of Memorial and Penn.

Also put them in at Walker & I-240 and on NW Expressway.

I'm trying to remember, but those might have been franchise locations.

Jay
11-21-2005, 11:35 PM
http://www.mcbride-co.com/graphics/clients/cheeseburger1med.jpghttp://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2001/Jun-08-Fri-2001/photos/trees.jpg

I think its safe to say Carraba's and Cheeseburger in Paradise are going to be the two restaurants going in on Memorial.

Both are owned by Outback, the design of the buildings look similiar to the pics above and it would explain why it seems like the progress of the two buildings are matching each other.

I could be wrong but, this would be my best guess.

fromdust
11-22-2005, 12:03 PM
yes it is a carrabas! yeaaaah! its probably been mentioned, but a mahogany steak house is also locating beside these restaurants. okay, so thats been mentioned.

jbrown84
11-22-2005, 12:48 PM
It's interesting that we're going to have Red Robin, Fuddrucker's, and Cheeseburger in Paradise all within a mile and a half of eachother. They all specialize in hamburgers, but I suppose there's just as many italian places with Olive Garden, Johnny Carino's, and Bravo Cucina.

Jay
11-22-2005, 02:20 PM
yes it is a carrabas! yeaaaah! its probably been mentioned, but a mahogany steak house is also locating beside these restaurants. okay, so thats been mentioned.

No need to be a wiseguy.

metro
11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
That's funny because when I was a commerical real estate broker, I handled the transaction that brought them to the old AMC theater complex on the NEC of Memorial and Penn.

Also put them in at Walker & I-240 and on NW Expressway.

I'm trying to remember, but those might have been franchise locations.

I"m totally confused, expressway or memorial and penn do not have nor have had a fuddruckers, I know we one is coming soon on memorial although not at penn

Pete
11-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Metro, those Fuddruckers were in the early 80's and didn't last long.

ccsokc
11-26-2005, 02:28 AM
I will have to agree with you, OklaCity_75, just based solely on the building designs one will be a Carrabbas Italian Grill and the other Cheeseburgersin Paradise. It's great that we are getting new restaurants in OKC that we don't yet have. I would also like to add that Mimi's Cafe, will be opening up 2 more locations next year, one in South OKC and one in Norman. Also, Pei Wei Asian will be opening a 3rd location in Norman very soon, as one of the managers from Bravo Cacina Italiana just left to work to open that location up. The reason I know this is because I use to work for Bravo back when they opened for about 2 months..... On the Red Robin Spot next to Bravo and PF Chang's, it was orriginally suppose to be a Ruth Chris Steakhouse, but the restaurant demanded too much of the developer, and they pulled the plug on it, at least for that spot. I've never been to one, but I hear they have awesome steaks at premium prices :).

jbrown84
11-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Ooh maybe Ruth's Chris will open in another location then...

fromdust
11-27-2005, 06:16 PM
i would love to see a ruths chris!

fromdust
11-27-2005, 06:18 PM
No need to be a wiseguy.

i wasnt being a wise guy. i am truly excited that we are getting a carabas. ive been waiting a long time.