View Full Version : Oklahoma Elections, State, County, City

Pages : [1] 2

Laramie
06-22-2020, 06:44 PM
Oklahoma State Election Board: https://www.ok.gov/elections/Election_Info/Upcoming_Elections/index.html

Received my mail-in ballots today for my precinct from the Oklahoma County Election Board. There were 3 ballots for me to complete; it included 3 envelopes (2 envelopes need to be placed in the final OUTER ENVELOPE:

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/c0/1c0d3337-f654-54c8-8056-b71914c6e32e/5eebc381f0271.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C740

1. BALLOTS ATTENTION VOTER:
For secrecy, seal your ballot in this envelope before placing it in the affidavit envelope.

2. AFFIDAVIT (swear or affirm that I... ) NOTARY (Affix Seal Here); my affidavit envelope had yellow horizontal stripes--one at top & one at the bottom.

3. OUTER ENVELOPE
OFFICIAL ELECTION BALLOTING MATERIAL (Postage Required)

It cost .65 (cent) for this request to be sent to me via county election board.

I plan to put 2 stamps on the return to make sure postage is covered.

http://accurateshooter.net/pix/electday1602.jpg

Laramie
06-22-2020, 08:41 PM
Oklahoma's Medicaid expansion: https://kfor.com/?s=medicaid+expansion

Medicaid expansion talk in Oklahoma
https://oklahoman.com/article/5634217/medicaid-expansion-talk-in-oklahoma

TheTravellers
06-22-2020, 08:58 PM
I plan to put 2 stamps on the return to make sure postage is covered.

Yes, you will need 2 stamps, it weights 1.15 oz. Found something interesting about the postage, though - turns out if you don't put enough (or don't put any at all) on a ballot for a federal election, it will still get delivered, but the county is on the hook for the postage. Don't think it works that way for non-federal elections.

Laramie
06-23-2020, 09:18 AM
Oklahoma voters have until 5 p.m., today--Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to request an absentee ballot for the June 30 primary election.

To request an absentee ballot, voters can apply using the OK Voter Portal, at www.ok.gov/elections/OVP.html.

Many local banks and credit unions are offering free notarization and copy services for customers and noncustomers.

The Metropolitan Library System in Oklahoma City and Pioneer Library System in Norman are also offering free ID copies for absentee voters.

For more information: https://www.ok.gov/elections/

Edmond Hausfrau
06-23-2020, 11:51 AM
Oklahoma voters have until 5 p.m., today--Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to request an absentee ballot for the June 30 primary election.

To request an absentee ballot, voters can apply using the OK Voter Portal, at www.ok.gov/elections/OVP.html.

Many local banks and credit unions are offering free notarization and copy services for customers and noncustomers.

The Metropolitan Library System in Oklahoma City and Pioneer Library System in Norman are also offering free ID copies for absentee voters.

For more information: https://www.ok.gov/elections/

I sent in a charcoal sketch of my driver's license.

jerrywall
06-23-2020, 12:57 PM
When I requested my ballot I also requested another voter id card. I'm just gonna include that with my ballot.

Edmond Hausfrau
06-23-2020, 03:37 PM
When I requested my ballot I also requested another voter id card. I'm just gonna include that with my ballot.

That's actually a great idea. But what about the November election? Or are you just going to request absentee ballots each and card each time, instead of the yearly option, which I now realize I stupidly did?
I better buy more art supplies.

jerrywall
06-23-2020, 04:05 PM
That's actually a great idea. But what about the November election? Or are you just going to request absentee ballots each and card each time, instead of the yearly option, which I now realize I stupidly did?
I better buy more art supplies.

Yeah, I plan to request each time. There's nothing like the experience of going to the voting place and casting my ballot, and I want to do it when I can. I'm hoping by November I won't need to vote by mail.

Laramie
08-23-2022, 06:10 AM
Don't Forget, Tuesday, August 23, 2022:

It's Election Day!

It's Election Day for all seventy-seven (77) counties across the state! Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

http://accurateshooter.net/pix/electday1602.jpg https://lwvnewton.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/I-voted-today-1.jpg

bombermwc
08-25-2022, 07:04 AM
It's a sad day for education in Oklahoma.

If you thought that Oklahoma has a teacher crisis now. Just wait and see what happens if Walters is the state superintendent. And if Stitt gets re-elected with him, we will end up beyond the crisis point. An idiot and a yes man do not bode well for us. And if you think that it doesn't matter that this mess is playing out, note that we've already lost one large deal to Kansas because of our education ranking. And these two bozos are doing everything they can to force their narrow views on the state and screw us all over.

BoulderSooner
08-25-2022, 08:26 AM

If you thought that Oklahoma has a teacher crisis now. Just wait and see what happens if Walters is the state superintendent. And if Stitt gets re-elected with him, we will end up beyond the crisis point. An idiot and a yes man do not bode well for us. And if you think that it doesn't matter that this mess is playing out, note that we've already lost one large deal to Kansas because of our education ranking. And these two bozos are doing everything they can to force their narrow views on the state and screw us all over.

lol overreact much ...

HangryHippo
08-25-2022, 08:28 AM
lol overreact much ...

Except it’s not. And now that teachers in OK no longer have to have a degree to teach, we’re winning a race to the bottom.

onthestrip
08-25-2022, 10:27 AM
lol overreact much ...

Not really. We already have a massive teacher shortage and then we might elect a guy who constantly criticizes teachers and schools, even stated he wanted to refuse any federal dollars. Not to mention a state BOE who are punishing school districts over the questionable "violations." Probably not the best thing for keeping or attracting good and qualified teachers. I've heard many say they might leave the profession if hes elected.

Plutonic Panda
08-25-2022, 02:20 PM
lol overreact much ...
I’ve already spoken to 2 different close friends/family who are going out of their way to leave the state and relocate their entirely family. One is scouting for homes around Denver today. That’s just me I’m sure there’s many others. It’s not overreacting.

PaddyShack
08-25-2022, 03:39 PM
Doesn't Ryan Walters still have to face a democrat in November? Not sure what the numbers on that side have, but if everyone who was against Ryan Walters in the primary votes for Nelson, surely that would be enough? I still voted Grace, even though I have heard from a number of Shawnee residents that she was not a great fit in her role out there. But I did not ask if these residents were Stitt fans or not. I consider myself a conservative-moderate, willing to fight more alongside libertarians rather than big parties, but I still shy away from any campaign that uses their ties with Trump, let alone Stitt, as there number one selling point. I want to know what you the candidate will do in office, not that you will be a puppet for the governor/president.

Dob Hooligan
08-25-2022, 06:16 PM
I watched 10PM Tuesday news on KWTV 9. I recall their pundit Scott Mitchell felt the Ryan Walters nomination was the biggest Republican risk in the November election. Walter’s extreme position was going to draw weakly from the April Grace voters and zero Democrats.

Rover
08-25-2022, 07:30 PM
Except it’s not. And now that teachers in OK no longer have to have a degree to teach, we’re winning a race to the bottom.

And somehow many are actually proud of our state’s promotion of ignorance,

BoulderSooner
08-25-2022, 08:55 PM
I’ve already spoken to 2 different close friends/family who are going out of their way to leave the state and relocate their entirely family. One is scouting for homes around Denver today. That’s just me I’m sure there’s many others. It’s not overreacting.

the best person for the job won the primary

BoulderSooner
08-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Doesn't Ryan Walters still have to face a democrat in November? Not sure what the numbers on that side have, but if everyone who was against Ryan Walters in the primary votes for Nelson, surely that would be enough? I still voted Grace, even though I have heard from a number of Shawnee residents that she was not a great fit in her role out there. But I did not ask if these residents were Stitt fans or not. I consider myself a conservative-moderate, willing to fight more alongside libertarians rather than big parties, but I still shy away from any campaign that uses their ties with Trump, let alone Stitt, as there number one selling point. I want to know what you the candidate will do in office, not that you will be a puppet for the governor/president.

it won't be close

HangryHippo
08-25-2022, 09:03 PM
lol ok

bombermwc
08-26-2022, 08:04 AM

Not hardly. Being best qualified doesn't win you the election. Lord knows we see that with both parties across the country. In this case, Walters is not the best candidate comparing any of the candidates.

Let's do some quick comparisons for the now full election.

Jenna Nelson - teacher across different economic levels ( East Baton Rouge, LA, Putnam City, Edmond, Deer Creek). Teach of the year in Deer Creek. Currently teaches at Deer Creek middle school.
Ryan Walters - taught social studies for just a few years before being APPOINTED for his yes man skills. Go read this little article from Tulsa to get a feel for how qualified he is https://tulsaworld.com/opinion/letters/letter-ryan-walters-doesnt-have-the-qualifications-to-run-oklahoma-schools/article_69677312-182f-11ed-b6d4-c3ee2124a731.html

And if you don't believe what i said about teachers quitting, well here's a story from Yahoo News even on it https://www.yahoo.com/video/might-even-quit-spot-oklahoma-192828436.html
It even adds some info about the wag-the-dog executive order Stitt recently signed that is completely meaningless other than to plant some seed into the uneducated on the matter.

BoulderSooner
08-26-2022, 08:09 AM
being a teacher and a state level administrator are not the same thing ...

bending to the will of the teachers union is not a good thing .

OkiePoke
08-26-2022, 09:11 AM
Yep... I'm headed out.

bombermwc
08-26-2022, 09:56 AM

Can you expand on that?

Walters was unqualified when he was appointed and has shown how unqualified he continues to be. He is not currently the state superintendent, so i'd be curious what things he has done, in your view, that makes him more qualified than his competitor. For me, the short time he's been in his current position, was enough to show me that he doesn't have a clue about what's best for PUBLIC education. He's perfectly happy to give it all away to private schools.

And how exactlly is anyone bending to teacher unions? The R party in the state has spent the better part of the last 15 years working to cut down funding for public ed. The strike was what was needed to force them to get off their duff and DO something. And quite a few teachers then won those legislator's seats in the next election. We're far from being where we need to be (since we're 49th in per student funding, and that already takes in to account the cost of living....49th, just behind Mississippi). That's a drop of at least 10 spots during that 15 years. How is that bending to unions? That's all on the R party in the capital.

Rover
08-28-2022, 08:26 AM

Are you just anti union for all workers or just against teachers unionizing?

Bunty
08-28-2022, 12:12 PM

People voted yes on bonds to build nice modern new public schools costing millions, while Walters and Stitt want to entice students out of them with vouchers for private schools. It makes no sense. I don't see the appeal, especially if the private schools offer no sports, band or FFA for starters. Those people who voted for Walters voted against their best interests. I'm glad the runoff vote margin wasn't very large between Walters and his opponent. Fortunately, a much larger group of voters will have their say in November.

mugofbeer
08-28-2022, 07:46 PM
People voted yes on bonds to build nice modern new public schools costing millions, while Walters and Stitt want to entice students out of them with vouchers for private schools. It makes no sense. I don't see the appeal, especially if the private schools offer no sports, band or FFA for starters. Those people who voted for Walters voted against their best interests. I'm glad the runoff vote margin wasn't very large between Walters and his opponent. Fortunately, a much larger group of voters will have their say in November.

Choice in just about anything induces competition and a higher quality product - education included.

Rover
08-28-2022, 08:14 PM
Choice in just about anything induces competition and a higher quality product - education included.

Um… NO. Education isn’t a business. Serving ALL the citizens doesn’t mean serving those that can wrangle influence and impose their political agendas.

Stitt and Epic demonstrate the idea of privatizing public duties for profit encourages corruption and reduces service to large slices of our society. Funneling state tax money to private schools so privileged kids don’t have to face the real world or mix with “undesirables” is not serving all our citizens.

TheTravellers
08-28-2022, 08:47 PM
Um… NO. Education isn’t a business. Serving ALL the citizens doesn’t mean serving those that can wrangle influence and impose their political agendas. ....

Exactly!!! And to expand on that, you could just substitute "government" for "education", governments exist to serve all citizens (or at least, they should).

Bunty
08-29-2022, 12:49 AM

Then to better compete against private schools, you better advocate that private school students have the legal right to participate in the sports programs of public schools. There might be a few in the big cities, but I never heard of a private school sports stadium.

Also consider, unlike public schools, private schools get to choose or reject students. If students perform better in private schools, then no wonder.

bombermwc
08-29-2022, 07:22 AM
Um… NO. Education isn’t a business. Serving ALL the citizens doesn’t mean serving those that can wrangle influence and impose their political agendas.

Stitt and Epic demonstrate the idea of privatizing public duties for profit encourages corruption and reduces service to large slices of our society. Funneling state tax money to private schools so privileged kids don’t have to face the real world or mix with “undesirables” is not serving all our citizens.

AMEN.

Bunty, you apparently do not understand how this works.

Any private school is welcome to compete against any public school, but to do so that means they have to join OSSAA and follow the same rules as everyone else. Plenty of schools have done this. Go check out the OSSAA average daily metric (attendance) and you can see all the private schools on the list. In OKC, most notably Bishop McGuinness http://www.ossaa.net/docs/2022-23/Classifications/MF_2022-23_ADM.pdf

Now MOST private schools choose on their own NOT to do that because they do not want to follow those rules. There are groups like Heartland Athletics, Oklahoma Christian Schools Athletics Association, But it's the absolute choice of the school if they want to participate in OSSAA or go their own route. But it also means that if you want to play against everyone else, you have to follow the same rules as everyone else. In this case, this is a prime example of people like Walters wanting to have their cake and eat it too. They want to give public tax money to private schools to go make up their own rules. They can go win any number of "state championships" they want in their 6 school leagues, but it's just a farce.

bombermwc
08-29-2022, 07:29 AM
I thought I'd go ahead and share some more of those names for you too.
I dont know where some of these are, but the list is far from short. So tell me again how they aren't allowed......

Bishop Kelly (Tulsa)
Bishop McGuiness (OKC)
Mount St. Mary (OKC)
Holland Hall (Tulsa)
OK Christian School (Norman)
Cascia Hall (Tulsa)
Metro Christian (Edmond i think)
Lincoln Christian (I dont know)
Victory Christian (Tulsa)
Crossings Christian (OKC)
Heritage Hall (OKC)
Community Christian (I dont know)
Christian Heritage (Del City)
Rejoice Christian (I dont know)
OK Christian Academy (i dont know)
Southwest Covenant (i dont know)
OKlahoma Bible (i dont know)
Wesleyan Chrisitan (i dont know)
Corn Bible Academy (Corn)
Victory Life Academy (i dont know)

TheTravellers
08-29-2022, 09:46 AM
Then to better compete against private schools, you better advocate that private school students have the legal right to participate in the sports programs of public schools. There might be a few in the big cities, but I never heard of a private school sports stadium.....

Isn't McGuinness private? If so, they've got a sports stadium.

PaddyShack
08-29-2022, 10:42 AM
Plenty of private schools have their own sports ground: Crossing Christian, Casady, Heritage Hall, etc..

Jeepnokc
08-29-2022, 04:54 PM
Plenty of private schools have their own sports ground: Crossing Christian, Casady, Heritage Hall, etc..

Mount St Mary

Jeepnokc
08-29-2022, 05:06 PM
AMEN.

Bunty, you apparently do not understand how this works.

Any private school is welcome to compete against any public school, but to do so that means they have to join OSSAA and follow the same rules as everyone else. Plenty of schools have done this. Go check out the OSSAA average daily metric (attendance) and you can see all the private schools on the list. In OKC, most notably Bishop McGuinness http://www.ossaa.net/docs/2022-23/Classifications/MF_2022-23_ADM.pdf

Now MOST private schools choose on their own NOT to do that because they do not want to follow those rules. There are groups like Heartland Athletics, Oklahoma Christian Schools Athletics Association, But it's the absolute choice of the school if they want to participate in OSSAA or go their own route. But it also means that if you want to play against everyone else, you have to follow the same rules as everyone else. In this case, this is a prime example of people like Walters wanting to have their cake and eat it too. They want to give public tax money to private schools to go make up their own rules. They can go win any number of "state championships" they want in their 6 school leagues, but it's just a farce.

I agree with this for the most part but within the OSSA as far as playing by the same rules but there are additional rules for the private schools that penalize the small private schools for winning. My son ran cross country at The Mount. They won state in 3A when he was a freshman. Because they won state...they were moved up to 4A. They were 2nd or third the next year so they were moved up again to 5A. This is school with hardly enough kids to field a cross country team competing against school where 50-75-100 kids were coming out for cross county/track. I understand the counterpoint that these private schools can give out scholarships to excellent athletes but that sure wasn't happening at MSM. MSM had a good four years with great runners and a great coach and possibly could have won state or 2/3 all four years but simply couldn't )nor should they have been) compete against 5 A schools when they have less than 100 students in each grade.

bombermwc
08-29-2022, 05:19 PM
I agree with this for the most part but within the OSSA as far as playing by the same rules but there are additional rules for the private schools that penalize the small private schools for winning. My son ran cross country at The Mount. They won state in 3A when he was a freshman. Because they won state...they were moved up to 4A. They were 2nd or third the next year so they were moved up again to 5A. This is school with hardly enough kids to field a cross country team competing against school where 50-75-100 kids were coming out for cross county/track. I understand the counterpoint that these private schools can give out scholarships to excellent athletes but that sure wasn't happening at MSM. MSM had a good four years with great runners and a great coach and possibly could have won state or 2/3 all four years but simply couldn't )nor should they have been) compete against 5 A schools when they have less than 100 students in each grade.

But that's part of the balance that the OSSAA puts on the private schools to balance the ability to recruit. Public schools that recruit for athletics get punished. Go ask Jenks if that punishment happens. I can tell you it does from direct experience in a situation where they did get in trouble with a family friend that was recruited from out of state. So it goes both ways.

There's a strong debate on if those athletic scholarships are actually beneficial to those students or if its more beneficial for the name of the private school. But if you sign up as a private school, that's part of the deal. They can always petition for a change, but i would also say that this is not a widespread situation. Lincoln Christian isn't going to win a bunch of team sports and find themselves competing against a 6A-1 school. Neither will MSM. We actually have the same exact thing that happens with the Winter Guard and Percussion groups where winners are automatically moved up a class. That's totally outside of the OSSAA and is very common in that Drum Corps International based judging system.

So my point is that, it's fair and proper.

mugofbeer
08-29-2022, 07:29 PM
Then to better compete against private schools, you better advocate that private school students have the legal right to participate in the sports programs of public schools. There might be a few in the big cities, but I never heard of a private school sports stadium.

Also consider, unlike public schools, private schools get to choose or reject students. If students perform better in private schools, then no wonder.

(Answering the last few posts, not just Bunty)

I respectfully beg to differ with you. You have conveniently chosen to focus solely on "competition" in school education (which l firmly stand behind). You all know l live in famously progressive Colorado and of my moderately conservative bent but still have huge ties to OK. I fully support the Colorado system because it advocates both competition and choice.

Progressive Colorado has one of the largest school voucher programs in the country. They work not only for "private" and religios schools (which is legally mandated) but also for the many charter schools. In Colorado, ALL charter schools are part of the public school system and cannot discriminate based on the points you made. Furthermore, parents are free to send their kids to public schools other than your regular neighborhood school and even cross school district lines, as long as the schools have the capacity. This is choice and competition.

My own children's neighborhood elementary school was long known to be hostile to parental involvement in their children's education before our kids started attending. The reputation was so bad the administration was changed because choice and competition resulted in few children attending the school for several years.

So, l'm sorry but the real world shows school vouchers, choice and competition ARE valid parts of education. There is simply no way public schools should be given a monopoly on our children's education.

HangryHippo
08-29-2022, 07:48 PM
Sounds like there are rules and standards? The opposite of here.

bombermwc
08-30-2022, 06:54 AM
(Answering the last few posts, not just Bunty)

I respectfully beg to differ with you. You have conveniently chosen to focus solely on "competition" in school education (which l firmly stand behind). You all know l live in famously progressive Colorado and of my moderately conservative bent but still have huge ties to OK. I fully support the Colorado system because it advocates both competition and choice.

Progressive Colorado has one of the largest school voucher programs in the country. They work not only for "private" and religios schools (which is legally mandated) but also for the many charter schools. In Colorado, ALL charter schools are part of the public school system and cannot discriminate based on the points you made. Furthermore, parents are free to send their kids to public schools other than your regular neighborhood school and even cross school district lines, as long as the schools have the capacity. This is choice and competition.

My own children's neighborhood elementary school was long known to be hostile to parental involvement in their children's education before our kids started attending. The reputation was so bad the administration was changed because choice and competition resulted in few children attending the school for several years.

So, l'm sorry but the real world shows school vouchers, choice and competition ARE valid parts of education. There is simply no way public schools should be given a monopoly on our children's education.

School choice is already a thing in Oklahoma. You can now take your child across district lines if you so choose. As you said, as long as they have capacity. It used to be just between schools in the district, but that was expanded. People have not chosen to make wide use of that yet. When you make that decision to go outside of your neighborhood aligned school, you give up transportation as well. For a lot of people, that's the deal killer, but the option is there. And no, i'm not ever going to support my district paying for bussing your kid 3 districts over.

But i'm also never going to support vouchers for private schools. ESPECIALLY now that parents have the choice to go to other districts. If anything, the transfer rule has made me dig in my heels more on that point. You now have the option to take your dollars where you so choose. If you want to go private, then you should be paying for that out of your pocket. You're already going to have to provide your own transportation, so why do you need me to help you pay for it? Don't like Western Heights, well Mustang is a hop skip and a jump away. So is OKCPS. I dont need to pay for you to go to Mt St Mary's. If you want to pay for that, it's your person choice to do so out of your own pocket.

Laramie
10-03-2022, 12:28 PM
https://www.cwla.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/exercise-right-to-vote-300x300.png

NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 3, 2022

CONTACT: State Election Board PIO Misha Mohr, (405) 522-6624 mmohr@elections.ok.gov
Voter Registration Deadline Approaching for November 8 Election

(Oklahoma City) – The voter registration deadline for the November 8 General Election is quickly approaching. The deadline to register to vote or update your registration before the upcoming election is Friday, October 14. Applications must be received or postmarked by the deadline in order for voters to be eligible to participate in the November 8 election . . .

Source with links: https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=45831&page=2

Midtowner
10-04-2022, 07:12 AM
Isn't McGuinness private? If so, they've got a sports stadium.

Clement E. Prible Stadium.

And Casady, Heritage, Christian Heritage, Bishop Kelly, Holland Hall, MSM also have stadiums. Probably OCS too, but I've never been there.

Brett
10-04-2022, 07:52 AM
Be sure to exorcise your rite to vote.:evilsmile

ABryant
11-02-2022, 10:53 PM
I early voted today at oklahoma county. Everyone was friendly. Go vote. If you don't someone might know you did not. If you yo run for office later.

Martin
11-03-2022, 05:15 AM
^i did the same in cleveland county. i was really impressed by the efficiency of the process that they had on site.

April in the Plaza
11-03-2022, 05:49 AM
I early voted today at oklahoma county. Everyone was friendly. Go vote. If you don't someone might know you did not. If you yo run for office later.

The voter portal shows if and how (in person, early, etc.) an individual voted for every election. I believe the asterisks mean that you failed to vote.

dheinz44
11-03-2022, 06:52 AM
https://www.badvoter.org/ you can also use this link to see the last time you or someone else voted

Bunty
11-05-2022, 01:45 AM
Clement E. Prible Stadium.

And Casady, Heritage, Christian Heritage, Bishop Kelly, Holland Hall, MSM also have stadiums. Probably OCS too, but I've never been there.

But I doubt private schools outside the metro areas have their own stadiums and sports programs. Surely someone would advocate that private school students should have legal access to the sports programs of the public schools, if they don't already.

HangryHippo
11-05-2022, 06:40 AM
Surely someone would advocate that private school students should have legal access to the sports programs of the public schools, if they don't already.
No, they shouldn’t. If you’re private, you’re private.

Thomas Vu
11-05-2022, 04:25 PM

I voted on Friday. While I thought with the line that the turnout numbers were good, I was made aware that it was more run of the mill.

Bill Robertson
11-05-2022, 05:10 PM
But I doubt private schools outside the metro areas have their own stadiums and sports programs. Surely someone would advocate that private school students should have legal access to the sports programs of the public schools, if they don't already.
I don't know what you mean by access to public school sports programs. But since I'm familiar with Crossings HS football I know that Crossings is in the public division 2A, District 2 conference even though there a private Christian school.

Bunty
11-06-2022, 06:22 PM
I don't know what you mean by access to public school sports programs. But since I'm familiar with Crossings HS football I know that Crossings is in the public division 2A, District 2 conference even though there a private Christian school.

Crossings is in the metro area. What about smaller schools in small towns, assuming they have any private schools at all? I saw Joy at her campaign rally Sunday afternoon. She went over all her talking points, including that vouchers would kill rural public schools.

Bits_Of_Real_Panther
11-08-2022, 10:19 AM
What local races are you watching?

I received an absentee ballot, it requires a notary. Total pain in the rear!

Boop
11-08-2022, 06:19 PM
Hofmeister is winning in a landslide, that is surprising but I can not complain, Hofmeister can not do any worse than Stitt and Fallin

Jake
11-08-2022, 06:28 PM
Way too early to call anything.

dcsooner
11-08-2022, 06:29 PM
Hofmeister is winning in a landslide, that is surprising but I can not complain, Hofmeister can not do any worse than Stitt and Fallin

????hope it’s true but I haven’t seen any numbers to support your assertion

Boop
11-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Way too early to call anything.

And you are right, now it is caught up, Stitt is behind 3,724 votes now

Boop
11-08-2022, 06:57 PM
Well, I spoke too soon, Stitt is leading, oh well, that was fun while it lasted

Boop
11-08-2022, 07:47 PM
Well, it is official, Kevin won but look on the bright side, 4 more years and we do not have to worry about him anymore

Plutonic Panda
11-08-2022, 07:55 PM
The good thing is now these proposed tollways are likely to be built.