View Full Version : Which places are and are not wearing Mask?

Pages : [1] 2

kukblue1
04-29-2020, 12:59 PM
With things opening back up I was wondering which business are and are not wearing mask. Costco posted today everyone has to have a mask. I know chick-fil-a, Mcdonalds, Crest employees are wearing mask at least the ones I have been too. Braums I know is not wearing Mask and are not requiring people to wear mask. What others do you know of?

kukblue1
04-29-2020, 02:31 PM
Whataburger drive thru was not wearing mask by outlet shops.

kukblue1
04-29-2020, 05:26 PM
Food Service

Restaurants, bars with on-premises food service, breweries, wineries, taverns, shopping mall food courts, food halls, cafeterias and similar food service establishments are required to maintain at least the following standards to limit the spread of the virus:

Employees’ temperatures should be checked each day either by the employee or their employer. Employees with a fever of 100.4 degrees or should not be at the facility.
Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering.
Tables for seating must be at least 6 feet apart.
Menus must be single-use or capable of being sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants after each use.
Condiment bottles must be sanitized after each table change, or served in a single-use packet, disposable container or washable dish.
Service at buffets and salad bars must be provided by an employee only.
Tables, chairs and objects needed to complete a purchase must be sanitized with antimicrobial disinfectants after each use.
No parties of 10 or more are allowed at one table in the dining area, unless they are household family members.

RustytheBailiff
04-29-2020, 06:39 PM
Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering."

But the cooks can cough on your food all they want. It will be a while before I go into a restaurant.

TheTravellers
04-29-2020, 07:36 PM
Servers and staff interacting with customers must wear a face mask or covering."

But the cooks can cough on your food all they want. It will be a while before I go into a restaurant.

Well, the virus is (supposedly) not foodborne, but yeah, we probably won't be going into a restaurant anytime soon either.

baralheia
04-30-2020, 12:01 PM
Whataburger drive thru was not wearing mask by outlet shops.

Same with the location on SW 59th.

I also did not see *anyone* at Jimmy's Round-Up Cafe wearing a mask when I picked up an order last week; same goes for the Braum's at SW 70th and S Western when I went for some milk. At Walmart (both the I-240 supercenter and the neighborhood market at SW 104th and Western), mask usage has been spotty at best - but it has been about 10 days since my last visit.

OkiePoke
04-30-2020, 12:02 PM
If I'm outside and in an open space, I'm not wearing a mask.

Indoors, yes. I probably won't be frequenting restaurants too much. How do you eat with a mask over your mouth?

kukblue1
04-30-2020, 02:14 PM
No fast food working is going to wear a mask I can tell you all that right now. When you can go back in and they take your order at the counter they don't be wearing a mask. There might be a few here and there that will but overall your not going to see it.

kukblue1
05-01-2020, 05:15 PM
No fast food working is going to wear a mask I can tell you all that right now. When you can go back in and they take your order at the counter they don't be wearing a mask. There might be a few here and there that will but overall your not going to see it.

Was just driving around and looking around before work and I think I saw more people without mask going in and out of places than with.

Bill Robertson
05-01-2020, 05:23 PM
Was just driving around and looking around before work and I think I saw more people without mask going in and out of places than with.Stopped by the Buy For Less on NW Expressway on the way home. I would say 20% of customers were wearing masks.

SOONER8693
05-01-2020, 06:04 PM
Went to Lowe's in Moore yesterday. Saw probably 30 employees and none wearing mask or gloves. Then on way home I hear a Lowe's commercial about how they are totally all in for safety of workers and customers. Maybe the Moore Lowe's didn't get the memo. Total lip service like many businesses.

Mott
05-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Maybe 30% customers had masks at Target, around 5 pm, May and 39th, all employees had masks, and large plexiglass at registers, but a bit crowded and disorganized checkout lines.

TheTravellers
05-01-2020, 06:38 PM
Yesterday Sprouts was fairly empty until we went to check out, and that's where everybody was, but at least they were all standing 6 feet apart according to all the yellow tape marks (which were also on all the aisles and some aisles were one-way, although I again had to point that out to at least 4 people). All the employees had masks, and maybe 1/3 of the customers, but I saw probably half of those adjusting their masks with their hands. :doh:

kukblue1
05-02-2020, 12:53 PM
7-11 Last night 11:15 Rockwell and Reno. About 6-7 people inside. Not one mask on anyone or the worker. I had to go to this one cause the one on council and sw 15th was full. Seemed a lot more people out late last night.

kukblue1
05-02-2020, 03:33 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-city-ends-face-mask-rule-shoppers-after-store-employees-n1198736?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR0o9LEvqfL2Bh5ZN8wnVqNNcGGLblHnUeQYBNOYc-enz77LWraVaDIoty4&fbclid=IwAR27HntrimRjqvGALBEIDFCX1eSOiPeTH7WMVcIH1 mQ5MOy7HlY3_Cj9_I0&fbclid=IwAR01YNNbg2NvcuQKOs9Vv1IvQdPQRzpw224nrsaiH mTrlVitVB1P1pl_ipQ

Jeepnokc
05-02-2020, 04:24 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-city-ends-face-mask-rule-shoppers-after-store-employees-n1198736?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR0o9LEvqfL2Bh5ZN8wnVqNNcGGLblHnUeQYBNOYc-enz77LWraVaDIoty4&fbclid=IwAR27HntrimRjqvGALBEIDFCX1eSOiPeTH7WMVcIH1 mQ5MOy7HlY3_Cj9_I0&fbclid=IwAR01YNNbg2NvcuQKOs9Vv1IvQdPQRzpw224nrsaiH mTrlVitVB1P1pl_ipQ

I saw a post on a legal related FB page that made sense discussing the constitutional aspects of requiring people to wear masks. We require people to wear pants in public so it seems there may be an argument that the government has the ability and power to require masks. Have to look at the governmental interest to see if it passes muster

Bill Robertson
05-02-2020, 04:25 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-city-ends-face-mask-rule-shoppers-after-store-employees-n1198736?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR0o9LEvqfL2Bh5ZN8wnVqNNcGGLblHnUeQYBNOYc-enz77LWraVaDIoty4&fbclid=IwAR27HntrimRjqvGALBEIDFCX1eSOiPeTH7WMVcIH1 mQ5MOy7HlY3_Cj9_I0&fbclid=IwAR01YNNbg2NvcuQKOs9Vv1IvQdPQRzpw224nrsaiH mTrlVitVB1P1pl_ipQI can’t find words for how disgusting I find that story. People are just weird!

kukblue1
05-02-2020, 04:31 PM
We could be like Michigan and stay closed? What happens when the numbers go back up and we have to close everything again for another month or two Just cause you couldn't be inconvenienced with wearing a mask. Not like your probably going to be in the business for more then 20 minutes. PUT ON A DAMN MASK

Bill Robertson
05-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Went to Walmart online pick up on NW Exp & Rockwell at 3ish. A first for me. Parked in a spot toward the front of the store and observed. Parking lot looked pre-COVID packed. Lots of people totally ignoring distancing. Maybe 10% wearing masks. I was looking forward to eating and drinking out soon but if that was any indication of how people are going to be then I’m sticking in avoidance mode.

Bill Robertson
05-02-2020, 04:32 PM
We could be like Michigan and stay closed? What happens when the numbers go back up and we have to close everything again for another month or two Just cause you couldn't be inconvenienced with wearing a mask. Not like your probably going to be in the business for more then 20 minutes. PUT ON A DAMN MASK
Agree completely!

OKCbyTRANSFER
05-02-2020, 05:15 PM
That is just sad in Stillwater. Violence and threats?!
The state of MA is requiring masks of all residents as of this Wednesday, 5/6, even if outdoor, where social distance cannot be maintained. Their numbers have not gone down yet, so the state has issued this executive order.

Edmond Hausfrau
05-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Had to go into a building in Midtown and as I was standing on the sidewalk waiting to go in, wearing a mask, had a car make a right, the passenger shook his head side to side like I was the idiot.
How am I the idiot in this scenario?

Bill Robertson
05-02-2020, 06:15 PM
Had to go into a building in Midtown and as I was standing on the sidewalk waiting to go in, wearing a mask, had a car make a right, the passenger shook his head side to side like I was the idiot.
How am I the idiot in this scenario?You are not. They are.

jerrywall
05-02-2020, 06:24 PM
I know someone that went to Mango Cannabis in Edmond today and they're not wearing masks and they're not maintaining any sort of social distancing. The security and the employees kept stepping right into people's faces and crowding the doorway between the areas. When my friend complained to the security that it was hard to maintain some distance with them crowing like that they shrugged and chuckled. If this is the attitude places start to have we'll definitely get hit hard with a resurgence.

Considering that a large part of the client base is highly at risk I'm shocked that any dispensary is being so blase about their customers health.

BDP
05-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Considering that a large part of the client base is highly at risk I'm shocked that any dispensary is being so blase about their customers health.

Good point.

And it's weird that anyone would be offended by businesses that are being considerate of their customers' health by having their staff wear masks.

None of it makes much sense, but when we're operating from the standpoint that a lot of people literally don't even think any of this is real, there's really no way to address it. I mean, if people are getting militant against others who are taking precautions and making sacrifices to protect the very people who are threatening them, then what do you do?

It's pretty anecdotal, but it does seem to me that it's more often the local businesses that I've gone to that are wearing masks and seem to have some social distancing guidelines in place. I don't go to dispensaries, so I hope your story is an anomaly, but it does seem that the closer the owner is to the business, the employees, and the customers, the more effort is being made to be courteous.

But, I don't get it. I'm pretty sure if I wanted to try on a pair of shoes, a shoe store would require me to wear socks. And that's just to protect others from my potentially funky feet. I think most people would go along with that being a good idea, or, at least, a considerate one. But, I don't know, maybe someone would take violent offense and make a constitutional issues out of me being made to wear something that protects everyone else that may come into the store.

I guess that's where we are.

Jeepnokc
05-02-2020, 10:00 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/face-masks-stillwater-oklahoma-trnd/index.html
Made national news

kukblue1
05-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Looks like the First Lady of Oklahoma Mrs. Stitt wasn't wearing a mask at Target. The lost ogle twitted a picture.

kukblue1
05-03-2020, 03:58 PM
https://twitter.com/TheLostOgle/status/1256702536188395520/photo/1 This isn't going to end well i'm afraid. 5 days in a row now over 100 cases. Yes more testing but those numbers are even before we opened things back up. SMH

LocoAko
05-04-2020, 06:13 PM
Painting with a somewhat broad brush here, but everywhere I've been in the Asian District the past few days (Kung Fu tea, Chinatown market, Super Cao Nguyen) has had nearly 100% mask wearing, both for employees and customers.

The On Cue at NW Expy/63rd.... not so much.

kukblue1
05-04-2020, 06:24 PM
I went to Dental Depot in Yukon today. Sign on the door said to call and wait in your car but people were still going in and checking in. Not one person had a mask or glove on for that matter. I was i waiting for my appointment. I say at least 15-20 people touch the door handle. Maybe i'm being a little paranoid and I sure I am but I put on a plastic glove before i walked in then took it off and throw it in the trash.

kukblue1
05-06-2020, 09:08 AM
I'm going to say less then 75% of people are wearing mask from what I'm seeing.

Jersey Boss
05-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know of a local retail outlet that offers surgical masks for purchase? Compliance might be easier if the product was readily available.

Bill Robertson
05-06-2020, 12:02 PM
I hadn’t been to Home Depot in 6 or 7 weeks. I don’t Think that’s happened since the first one here opened. Today I had to go twice. I had a plastic fitting snap under our hall bath sink. Two trips is pretty good for me and a plumbing job. The first time 70 to 80% of customers had masks. The second time maybe 30%. Only a couple employees wore one. Sad!

Rivalyn
05-06-2020, 03:33 PM
What kills me are all the locations that aren't cleaning their credit cards pads. I just imagine the IT clown dancing along the signature pen of every register.

Anyone heard anything about if there's a phase that removes the requirement for masks for restaurant workers? Curious if that's also why some restaurants are waiting till June 1 to re-open.

kukblue1
05-06-2020, 03:54 PM
What kills me are all the locations that aren't cleaning their credit cards pads. I just imagine the IT clown dancing along the signature pen of every register.

Anyone heard anything about if there's a phase that removes the requirement for masks for restaurant workers? Curious if that's also why some restaurants are waiting till June 1 to re-open.

Places not willing to open might be 2 reasons. Reason 1 it's just not worth it as they won't be busy enough to be open anyway. Reason 2 they making more on unemployment at least their workers are so why rush back.

Jeepnokc
05-07-2020, 07:12 AM
Costco requires everyone to have a mask. On a side note, it was my first trip yesterday as had a friend in town with a membership. Can't wait to get one on southside. Loved it but not enough to drive from sw OKC.

OKC Guy
05-07-2020, 08:05 AM
Costco requires everyone to have a mask. On a side note, it was my first trip yesterday as had a friend in town with a membership. Can't wait to get one on southside. Loved it but not enough to drive from sw OKC.

Were they giving masks to those without or is it 100% BYOM?

Jeepnokc
05-07-2020, 08:33 AM

I had my own but didn't see any. Also...did not see any hand sanitizers for public use. I did look for a bottle of that on my way out

Edmond Hausfrau
05-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Torchys in Edmond didn't appear to be requiring masks for anyone, customers or staff, when I tried to pick up a to-go order. They also seemed completely overwhelmed and looked like they were also trying to do a bar service? Total goat roping cluster.

Brad72
05-07-2020, 12:15 PM

They give you one if you don't have one.

jccouger
05-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Anybody else get dirty looks in public while wearing a mask? Its almost like they are blaming people for believing what they think is a hoax, which is causing them hardship.

AP
05-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Anybody else get dirty looks in public while wearing a mask? Its almost like they are blaming people for believing what they think is a hoax, which is causing them hardship.

This has happened to me the handful of times I've been in public.

SOONER8693
05-07-2020, 12:58 PM
I see people not wearing masks getting dirty looks.

Bill Robertson
05-07-2020, 01:34 PM
I see people not wearing masks getting dirty looks.I’ve seen this more than the other way around.

FighttheGoodFight
05-07-2020, 01:46 PM
I’ve seen this more than the other way around.

How can you tell if they have a mask on? :D

SOONER8693
05-07-2020, 02:14 PM
How can you tell if they have a mask on? :D

The eyes and the stare.

jerrywall
05-07-2020, 02:39 PM
I see people not wearing masks getting dirty looks.

Heh. My wife is 4'11" of Irish Mama Bear and she's been on a warpath on the times that she's had to go out, since we have a son with a pretty serious heart condition at home right now. She's one of those giving "die" looks to folks without masks and who don't respect social distancing. She has no shame yelling at full volume "social distance please" when folks break her bubble.

Bill Robertson
05-07-2020, 02:50 PM
The eyes and the stare.
Exactly. The old saying about the eyes being windows to the soul.

kukblue1
05-07-2020, 03:46 PM
News 9 Doctor said if everyone wore a mask it would decrease the spread greatly. What are people not understanding about wearing a mask

Bill Robertson
05-07-2020, 04:34 PM
News 9 Doctor said if everyone wore a mask it would decrease the spread greatly. What are people not understanding about wearing a maskThis possibly. I think most of us a year ago would see someone in Walmart, etc. wearing a mask and immediately think “Oh, no, what’s wrong with them”. And some still equate wearing a mask to being that “different” person and don’t want the stigma. I know this to be true for at least one person, my wife. Which is why except for going to work she hasn’t been outside of the house since early March.

Mott
05-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Went to Whole Foods this afternoon around 3:30, about 10 minute wait outside at 6 foot intervals. Just about everyone was wearing a mask, and they are now required. Masks are provided for those that don’t have one. A lot less stressful going thru store, a lot more space, and shorter lines at cashiers. Fine with me!

Bill Robertson
05-07-2020, 07:00 PM
Went to Whole Foods this afternoon around 3:30, about 10 minute wait outside at 6 foot intervals. Just about everyone was wearing a mask, and they are now required. Masks are provided for those that don’t have one. A lot less stressful going thru store, a lot more space, and shorter lines at cashiers. Fine with me!
I hope more places do this.

kukblue1
05-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Went to Chick-fil-a and all workers were wearing a mask. However not one person ordering food in drive had on a mask. not one person picking up food had on a mask. I wore my mask when he handed me the food for carside. How hard is it to put on a mask for 30 seconds?

jbkrems
05-08-2020, 04:33 PM
There is not a point in wearing a mask when you are by yourself in your car. Yes, the food workers should wear a mask, but the same should NOT be expected of a solo individual who remains in their vehicle.

kukblue1
05-08-2020, 05:30 PM
There is not a point in wearing a mask when you are by yourself in your car. Yes, the food workers should wear a mask, but the same should NOT be expected of a solo individual who remains in their vehicle.

When they are outside taking your order your within 6 feet of them talking to each other. So while there is no point in wearing your mask in your car while driving i think there is a point when your within 6 feet of someone. Your window is down within 6 feet. If you were to cough you could infect them. JS

ctchandler
05-08-2020, 08:17 PM

jbkrems,
I'm sorry, but at the minimum, wearing your mask shows that you respect the folks you are doing business with. You may know (How?) that you don't have anything to pass on, but they don't know. And you want them to serve you? Lordy, I wouldn't want to work at a place that has to serve people without masks because it puts me and my family at risk.
C. T.

kukblue1
05-08-2020, 08:21 PM
jbkrems,
I'm sorry, but at the minimum, wearing your mask shows that you respect the folks you are doing business with. You may know (How?) that you don't have anything to pass on, but they don't know. And you want them to serve you? Lordy, I wouldn't want to work at a place that has to serve people without masks because it puts me and my family at risk.
C. T.

Agree these people are wearing mask for hours at a time. You can wear one for a couple minutes in a drive thru lane or 30 minutes while shopping at a store.

Bill Robertson
05-09-2020, 07:27 AM
My wife said a couple days ago that Homeland started requiring employees to wear masks. From corp office, warehouse to the cleaning crews. Everyone. Just left the 122nd & Rockwell store and was happy to see that all but one employee was wearing a mask.

kukblue1
05-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Mask really only work if you are sick but the problem with this virus is you can have it and not know your sick. So really everyone needs to wear a mask at least for now.

TheTravellers
05-09-2020, 11:59 AM
My wife said a couple days ago that Homeland started requiring employees to wear masks. From corp office, warehouse to the cleaning crews. Everyone. Just left the 122nd & Rockwell store and was happy to see that all but one employee was wearing a mask.

Yeah, but the cashier at the Classen Homeland was screwing around with her mask the entire time she was checking us out yesterday, including moving it to her chin when she was speaking. :doh: People are never going to figure out how to wear masks properly.