View Full Version : OKC Trails Network

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

okcrun
12-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to remember that the next time I go for a ride that way.
When you say bike lanes to Lottie, is that from the east of downtown or from the west of the Katy Trail?

West from Katy Trail. There's a trailhead marker now at 4th and Lottie.

okcrun
12-11-2023, 09:38 AM
There are now lights lining the river trail every 50ft or so? They appear to be solar powered LED lights. They are not particularly bright which is a little disappointing but better than nothing I guess!

OkiePoke
12-11-2023, 10:49 AM
Huge fan of all the bike lanes. There is a big issue with them though.... They gather quite a bit of debris (glass, rocks, sticks) that makes riding in them impractical. Most of those items will puncture your tire. Also, when riding in the bike lanes, vehicles seem to not give you any additional space when passing, which means it's almost safer to just ride in the rode...

AnguisHerba
01-08-2024, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know when the Deep Fork connection part of the trail is supposed to be finished? I saw an article in The Oklahoman not too long ago that showed some promising pictures of bridges being installed, but there was no mention of an estimated completion date.

jccouger
01-08-2024, 02:26 PM
Huge fan of all the bike lanes. There is a big issue with them though.... They gather quite a bit of debris (glass, rocks, sticks) that makes riding in them impractical. Most of those items will puncture your tire. Also, when riding in the bike lanes, vehicles seem to not give you any additional space when passing, which means it's almost safer to just ride in the rode...

I've seen them get cleaned pretty regularly by a little sweeper

fortpatches
01-08-2024, 02:30 PM

At least once a month, I see a vehicle actually driving in the bike lane... idk what gives them the idea it is a vehicle lane

TheTravellers
01-09-2024, 08:47 AM
At least once a month, I see a vehicle actually driving in the bike lane... idk what gives them the idea it is a vehicle lane

They're uneducated and/or don't care, same as with the idiots that open their parked car door right into traffic without even looking or caring, or the idiots that drive in bad weather with their hazard lights on, or .....