View Full Version : Trump budget proposes new FBI office building in Oklahoma City

Laramie
02-12-2020, 03:31 PM
Oklahoman

by Chris Casteel
Published: Wed, February 12, 2020 3:55 PM

President Donald Trump’s new budget proposal includes $86 million for a new FBI field office in Oklahoma City, with the money available either to construct a building or buy one.

The recommendation, made by the General Services Administration, was included in the White House budget released this week. The funding would have to be approved by Congress...

shawnw
02-12-2020, 04:04 PM
Near where it currently is or elsewhere?

Pete
02-12-2020, 04:10 PM
For years they were in 50 Penn Place then moved to a stand-alone and secure facility near Quail Springs.

Jersey Boss
02-12-2020, 04:39 PM
I'm sure Congress will get right on it.

Mr. Blue Sky
02-13-2020, 06:34 AM
For years they were in 50 Penn Place then moved to a stand-alone and secure facility near Quail Springs.

That is correct. Before 50 Penn Place, the office was located on the west side of Shartel Plaza Shopping Center at N.W. 50th and Shartel. There were second floor offices that ran the length of the west strip of Shartel Plaza, there was also a laboratory and shooting gallery/firing range (with random pop-up human figure targets) in the basement. The reception and public affairs were on the first level, and then all the SA offices were on that second floor span.

shawnw
02-13-2020, 09:02 AM
Was it ever downtown?

mugofbeer
02-13-2020, 01:28 PM
I believe they were in the Murrah building when it was bombed weren't they? Then after the bombing there were proposals to greatly increase the staff in OKC. I don't recall if it ever happened.

bombermwc
02-13-2020, 03:04 PM
I always thought Memorial was kind of a dumb location for them to build at. Even when they built, the location they chose was filling in fast so they knew it wouldn't have room to grow, and they didn't build it to give them anywhere TO grow (like up).

Hopefully, they think a little better about it this time.

Hey, isn't Lincoln Plaza empty?

Mr. Blue Sky
02-13-2020, 03:13 PM
I believe they were in the Murrah building when it was bombed weren't they? Then after the bombing there were proposals to greatly increase the staff in OKC. I don't recall if it ever happened.

No, Mug, the ATF was there, but the FBI was in Fifty Penn at the time of the bombing.

mugofbeer
02-13-2020, 06:31 PM
OK. I thought they were both there. I used to work in 50 Penn Place long ago and thought they moved. Thx for the info.