View Full Version : ONG Help?!!!!

Karried
10-31-2005, 07:11 AM
Hi, today is the cut off for those who want to join the Voluntary Fixed-Price Plan: Have any of you done this and do you think it will save money? My July bill shows gas at 6.67 per dekatherm ? Aug 6.67, Sep 6.90.... let me know what you think.

http://www.ong.com/residential/vfp.jsp
Voluntary Fixed-Price Plan
The deadlne for enrolling in the Voluntary Fixed-Price Plan is October 31, 2005.

The Voluntary Fixed-Price Plan allows you to select a fixed, per-unit price for the natural gas you consume. (The price applies to the cost of the gas itself; regular delivery charges still apply and your bill will still vary according to the amount of gas you use.)

The advantage of this plan is having a known cost per unit of gas for a one-year period. Since the cost of the gas is usually the largest portion of your natural gas bill, this is a good way to protect yourself from the kind of ups and downs in price that we’ve experienced in recent years.

If you enroll in the Voluntary Fixed-Price Plan, you should realize that you could pay more or less than customers who remain on ONG’s system average cost of gas. The plan does not guarantee savings; it is intended to protect customers from the wide swings in natural gas prices that sometimes occur.

The price of gas for the Voluntary Fixed-Price Plan will be $8.393 per Dekatherm for the 12-month period from November 2005 through October 2006.

windowphobe
10-31-2005, 05:24 PM
I didn't, on the basis that I don't think gas is going to climb quite that high in twelve months. (I can see $8, maybe, but not much more than that, and not for a protracted period.)

And I'm pretty sure that ONG wouldn't lowball a price on the stuff.

bigjkt405
11-01-2005, 12:50 PM
honestly its a pretty good plan. There is a chance that it may not go as high, but back during the winter of 2000 gas was ACTUALLY $13 a dekatherm, although we only paid $10 a dekatherm or so.