View Full Version : 09.27.2005 Pics

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Here's a couple I took at the 2nd preseason game with the Nuggets (I was further away from the floor, sad to say):

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/10.27.05.12a.honeybees.jpg

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/10.27.05.11.honeybees.jpg

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/10.27.05.1bee.jpg

hailmary57yd
10-29-2005, 08:16 AM
awesome. How much did you pay for the ticket?

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 08:27 AM
For the 9/27 game, I bought a hawker's $60 ticket for $40, in Section 206. Good seat, but my camera hasn't much of a zoom capability (I mean, compared to a really good digital camera).

Todd
10-29-2005, 08:37 AM
We need Honey.

Everyone find a video camera and take it to the next Hornets game. Take your best video of the Honey Bee's and post your Oscar winning work here. I'll open up a poll for voting and the best video wins an OKCTalk t-shirt and two FREE tickets to a Hornets game.

Curt
10-29-2005, 08:39 AM
I think I need to buy a plane ticket soon..:)

Karried
10-29-2005, 10:59 AM
What's funny about this is on another board the NO fans were making fun of our Honeys because they danced to 'Baby Got Back' ( and they are saying they don't have backs (butts) they are starting a drive for MRA ( military meals) to feed the Honeys because they say they look anorexic.

I'm not a guy but I'll take 'in shape' over 'blubber butt' anyday. ( No, I won't tell you the name of the board because I don't want a flame war - it's just interesting to me that they will find anything to put down the team including the Honey's butts! )

Keep supporting the team - class will always win out over envy and mean spiritedness.

Intrepid
10-29-2005, 11:48 AM
What's funny about this is on another board the NO fans were making fun of our Honeys because they danced to 'Baby Got Back' ( and they are saying they don't have backs (butts) they are starting a drive for MRA ( military meals) to feed the Honeys because they say they look anorexic.

I'm not a guy but I'll take 'in shape' over 'blubber butt' anyday. ( No, I won't tell you the name of the board because I don't want a flame war - it's just interesting to me that they will find anything to put down the team including the Honey's butts! )

Keep supporting the team - class will always win out over envy and mean spiritedness.

What makes that even funnier is that half of the Honey Bees are from NO. So I wonder if they are just poking fun at the OKC bees or all of the bees.

:spin:

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 11:50 AM

Now, now Karrie ... let's not be TOO HASTY in assessing whether the NOLA people are/are not correct ... this is FAR TOO IMPORTANT A MATTER to be taken lightly.

What's called for, I think, is an objective, CLOSE UP, thorough, and, in fact, meticulous study of the topic presented by our friends in NO, which investigation should of course be undertaken and performed by members of OkcTalk, as a special ad hoc committee, who are well qualified to perform such an examination and evaluation.

Personally, I consider myself very well qualified to conduct an exhaustive study, and I volunteer my services to be a member of the committee, and I will perform this duty honorably and well, and without fee.

Let none be mistaken, however ... this will involve arduous work. So, let no member of OkcTalk volunteer unless they be willing to commit hours and hours of time in one-on-one interviews with and inspections of each member of the Bees, and with particularity into the allegations made so that none could claim that we merely did a glossy and incomplete evaluation. Am I right ... we wouldn't want NO fans to think that we'd done our evaluation, and render our final report, based upon scanty information, would we?

Certainly, I would not. As for me, I think that we owe it to the NO fans to be absolutly certain that EACH MEMBER of the Bees is being properly nourished and cared for in every way that is reasonable and proper. It is our duty.

BTW, Karrie, I'm noticed a "kdlady" in that other place ... I wonder who that was ... or, NOT, considering the gratious content of the messages penned by the person that has that moniker. You are always so nice, gratious, and charming, but, of course, those characteristics are great aids to identify you in far away places!!! :yourock: BTW, I am not the "OKDoug" identified there ... I've not registered there.

Curt
10-29-2005, 11:51 AM

I personally am glad they dont have "backs" and think they are just fine the way they are..:). Jealousy sometimes rears it's ugly head and it sounds like some on the other board may be a little jealous.

Curt
10-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Doug if you need any help in conducting your study I would like to offer up my assistance to handle the overflow...I mean after all I feel I must do my part.

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 12:23 PM
We need Honey.

Everyone find a video camera and take it to the next Hornets game. Take your best video of the Honey Bee's and post your Oscar winning work here. I'll open up a poll for voting and the best video wins an OKCTalk t-shirt and two FREE tickets to a Hornets game.

Sad to say, I don't have a digital video camera nor the equipment to convert my analog movies to digital ... so, I'll just have to try and do as well as I can with my still frame ... NO ... I THINK that it will do short clip movies too! I've never used the feature! I'm in the hunt! :elmer3: :busterbun

Edited Note: BTW, I will not look kindly on replies that characterize me as a wannabe adolescent in old-fart body. Truth, in this case, is not welcome. :irule:
Case closed.

Am I having fun yet? :dizzy:

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Doug if you need any help in conducting your study I would like to offer up my assistance to handle the overflow...I mean after all I feel I must do my part.

I think as many qualified OkcTalk members that will participate, the more thorough and objectively valuable the study will be to NO fans, as well as the whole wide world. So, let's get cracking! :tweeted:

BTW, I've already done a very very preliminary investigation, based on the limited resources presently at hand, and I do agree that this is a matter involving some urgency and which really should be pursued post haste! Look at the following and see if you don't agree:

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/10.27.05.1bee2.jpg

This is serious. OkcTalk really needs to act immdiately, IMO.

Curt
10-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Doug.......I am on my way. After reviewing the photos I really think I need to get there to get a clearer picture of the job ahead of us... :boff:

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Doug.......I am on my way. After reviewing the photos I really think I need to get there to get a clearer picture of the job ahead of us... :boff:

Agreed 100%. It is a daunting, difficult, and harrowing task that lies before us, but, joining together, I think it possible that at least one of us will survive and live to tell the tale. We owe it to our NO friends to complete this journey ... so, suck it up, get some supplies, and on we go into the perilous unknown, my brother!

Who wants to live forever?

Curt
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Agreed 100%. It is a daunting, difficult, and harrowing task that lies before us, but, joining together, I think it possible that at least one of us will survive and live to tell the tale. We owe it to our NO friends to complete this journey ... so, suck it up, get some supplies, and on we go into the perilous unknown, my brother!

Who wants to live forever?
I'll do my best...but you may have to carry on without me because I think those young ladies may kill me...but I'll do what I can. I'd rather die while I am living than live while I am dead.

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Oy! It's a pact! Live or die! And into the doom, brothers in arms, we venture ourselves into the unknown-to-us investigation of the serious NO concerns ... but so far that's only 2 of us on the OkcTalk committee and I think there are 12 Bees ... WE ARE BOTH doomed! Neither of us will likely live to tell the tale. We can discuss our findings in Bee-Heaven, though we'll need to spend some time figuring out how to communicate our findings back to OkcTalk, or NOT!

Curt
10-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Oy! It's a pact! Live or die! And into the doom we venture ourselves into the unknown-to-us investigation of the serious NO concerns ... so far that's only 2 of us on the OkcTalk committee ... I think there are 12 Bees ... we are BOTH doomed! Neither of us may live to tell the tale. We can discuss our findings in heaven, though we'll need to spend some time figuring out how to communicate our findings back to OkcTalk. NOT!
Dealio..I guess those who snooze will loose. Lets see...thats six for you and six for me...if I can make it through the first three I think I can handle the other three. But...experience may win here Doug and they may bee the ones who cant handle us... :spin: . I wonder if they are up to it..

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Dealio..I guess those who snooze will loose. Lets see...thats six for you and six for me...if I can make it through the first three I think I can handle the other three. But...experience may win here Doug and they may bee the ones who cant handle us... :spin: . I wonder if they are up to it..

Mariner, it's time for me to tell you the truth. I MAY be able to survive 1/2 of one of the Bee one-on-one investigative encounters which we are obliged to do, and then (or more quickly) I may have to depart this life into Nirvana and leave the rest for you to deal with as well as you are able. This is just something for you to consider, before we throw ourselves into the pit. But, trust me, I am easily mesmorized as to become wholly useless in this study. Best that you know that going in. :dizzy:

Curt
10-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Mariner, it's time for me to tell you the truth. I MAY be able to survive 1/2 of one of the Bee one-on-one investigative encounters which we are obliged to do, and then (or more quickly) I may have to depart this life into Nirvana and leave the rest for you to deal with as well as you are able. This is just something for you to consider, before we throw ourselves into the pit. But, trust me, I am easily mesmorized as to become wholly useless in this study. Best that you know that going in. :dizzy:
Understood Doug...I'll do my best..

Doug Loudenback
10-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Understood Doug...I'll do my best..

Then, it's done, and as will we both under unfathomably dire circumstances (unless other OkcTalk members are willing to join our twosome and reduce our (at least, my) risk by joining the OkcTalk Inquiry into the Bees Fanny Sustenance Committee (OIBFSC), upon which we faithful OkcTalk members with great trepidation embark to asuage the concerns of the NO faithful ... nay, the concerns of the World. Otherwise, it's you and me, bud, into the terrifying but so tantalizing and wonderful abyss of the Bees![/B] :tweeted:

Now, to be sure, KarrieD or Darling Diva may opt to join our investigative team, which I'd think would reduce our male chances of survival even more ... but ... as I said before, "Who Wants To Live Forever?"

Karried
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
LOL - You guys crack me up! You are having fun with this which is far better than the alternative - being mean!

Doug, I travel cyberspace under many guises.....ssssshhhhhhhhhh if I tell you, I'll have to kill you!

I thought you were OKCDoug!

Anyway, I commend you both on your valiant and selfless efforts!

PS - Tomorrow meet the Hornets between 1-3 trick or treat at the Ford Center

Curt
10-29-2005, 05:13 PM
LOL - You guys crack me up! You are having fun with this which is far better than the alternative - being mean!

Doug, I travel cyberspace under many guises.....ssssshhhhhhhhhh if I tell you, I'll have to kill you!

I thought you were OKCDoug!

Anyway, I commend you both on your valiant and selfless efforts!

PS - Tomorrow meet the Hornets between 1-3 trick or treat at the Ford Center
Karrie just trying to do our parts to help out...that was fun...I can see no reason to be mean about it. :spin:

fromdust
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Now, now Karrie ... let's not be TOO HASTY in assessing whether the NOLA people are/are not correct ... this is FAR TOO IMPORTANT A MATTER to be taken lightly.

What's called for, I think, is an objective, CLOSE UP, thorough, and, in fact, meticulous study of the topic presented by our friends in NO, which investigation should of course be undertaken and performed by members of OkcTalk, as a special ad hoc committee, who are well qualified to perform such an examination and evaluation.

Personally, I consider myself very well qualified to conduct an exhaustive study, and I volunteer my services to be a member of the committee, and I will perform this duty honorably and well, and without fee.

Let none be mistaken, however ... this will involve arduous work. So, let no member of OkcTalk volunteer unless they be willing to commit hours and hours of time in one-on-one interviews with and inspections of each member of the Bees, and with particularity into the allegations made so that none could claim that we merely did a glossy and incomplete evaluation. Am I right ... we wouldn't want NO fans to think that we'd done our evaluation, and render our final report, based upon scanty information, would we?

Certainly, I would not. As for me, I think that we owe it to the NO fans to be absolutly certain that EACH MEMBER of the Bees is being properly nourished and cared for in every way that is reasonable and proper. It is our duty.

BTW, Karrie, I'm noticed a "kdlady" in that other place ... I wonder who that was ... or, NOT, considering the gratious content of the messages penned by the person that has that moniker. You are always so nice, gratious, and charming, but, of course, those characteristics are great aids to identify you in far away places!!! :yourock: BTW, I am not the "OKDoug" identified there ... I've not registered there.

ok, thats funny. i like that a lot. :LolLolLol :LolLolLol

HOT ROD
11-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I think as many qualified OkcTalk members that will participate, the more thorough and objectively valuable the study will be to NO fans, as well as the whole wide world. So, let's get cracking! :tweeted:

BTW, I've already done a very very preliminary investigation, based on the limited resources presently at hand, and I do agree that this is a matter involving some urgency and which really should be pursued post haste! Look at the following and see if you don't agree:

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/10.27.05.1bee2.jpg

This is serious. OkcTalk really needs to act immdiately, IMO.

Looks like she has back to me.

... And a very fine, .. "firm" (he he) one at that!

Curt
11-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Looks like she has back to me.

... And a very fine, .. "firm" (he he) one at that!
Do they come in inflatables?... :ohno:

Doug Loudenback
11-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Yes, digitally, anything is possible. But, I'm not gonna go there!!! The original is more than sufficient, IMO. Gawd! :kicking:

Curt
11-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Yes, digitally, anything is possible. But, I'm not gonna go there!!! The original is more than sufficient, IMO. Gawd! :kicking:
Ok...I really hate to show my ignorance sometimes...but what does IMO mean..

Doug Loudenback
11-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok...I really hate to show my ignorance sometimes...but what does IMO mean..

IMO = in my opinion IMHO = in my humble opinion

Now, Mariner, if we're gonna be doing some close up investigation of the Bees, you really GOTTA get up to speed! :boff:

Curt
11-05-2005, 05:19 PM
IMO = in my opinion IMHO = in my humble opinion

Now, Mariner, if we're gonna be doing some close up investigation of the Bees, you really GOTTA get up to speed! :boff:
It was the last little bit of information I needed...I am now ready to go bee hunting.. :kicking:

Doug Loudenback
11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
It was the last little bit of information I needed...I am now ready to go bee hunting.. :kicking:

GREAT! Now let's see if we can get some honey!

Tonight's game isn't on Cox for some reason but it is available through some other service, and some are gathering at Buffalo Wild Wings on NW Expressway to enjoy the game vis a vis http://www.hornetscentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158 and I'm about to be on my way to that location.

But, my wife has taken my camera on an out-of-city weekend trip to Claremore so I won't even be able to take pics of the TV showing the Bees (or anything else). Anyway, I'll get to see as much of the game as I want ... hopefully I'll want that to be the full evening long!

Curt
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
GREAT! Now let's see if we can get some honey!

Tonight's game isn't on Cox for some reason but it is available through some other service, and some are gathering at Buffalo Wild Wings on NW Expressway to enjoy the game vis a vis http://www.hornetscentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158 and I'm about to be on my way to that location.

But, my wife has taken my camera on an out-of-city weekend trip to Claremore so I won't even be able to take pics of the TV showing the Bees (or anything else). Anyway, I'll get to see as much of the game as I want ... hopefully I'll want that to be the full evening long!
I really wish I could be there...no kidding. I'll have to see if they are playing when I am in town and go to a pub and watch the game.

pottstonya
11-13-2005, 04:14 AM
Actually the N.O. posters on the other board did say that there was a lack of back but from what I understand just the N.O. girls went down there much like just the okc girls performed the first pregames here. They might have had 2 okc girls at most there, and 2 N.O. girls at the okc game but, the girls they were mainly talking about was the group they took to their first out of state N.O. by Shreveport (I think) game and it was their new girls from N.O. The fans didn't know a lot of them because they were chosen late July not to long before the team had to leave. I thought our OKC girls look slender but most have some back and nice back is a good thing these days. lol