View Full Version : Taco Bell 033284

Jim Kyle
09-28-2019, 12:45 PM
I'm disappointed and outraged at my experience with this Taco Bell location, at Rockwell and Hefner, yesterday.

I had been seeing, both on TV and on line, ads for their two newest "$5 box" packages, the Cheddar Chalupa and the Grande Nachos. The Chalupa box, shown with one chalupa and two crispy tacos, looked interesting, so I ordered two, one for my wife and the other for myself. Picked them up at the drive-thru window, where the young lady was quite friendly and helpful, and brought them home.

Upon opening the first one, my wife was startled. It didn't look at all like the ad on TV. Instead, there was a chalupa, one taco, a burrito, and a packet of cinnamon twists! Mine was the same. And neither of us finds the burritos from Taco Bell to be edible. Had we known what would be in the boxes, our orders would have been different -- and possibly even from some other fast-food place.

The chalupa was good, though extremely filling. The burritos went directly into the trash, followed by the tacos since we were both too full to enjoy them. The twists proved to be a nice finish to the meal.

My outrage is directed at whoever made the advertising false, turning it into almost a "bait and switch" operation. It will be a very long time before I believe any Taco Bell ads again!

TheTravellers
09-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Expectations vs. Reality (https://www.google.com/search?q=expectations+reality+%22taco+bell%22&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9-_WOy_TkAhUPPa0KHYMwDesQ_AUIESgB&biw=1383&bih=873)

I learned long ago to never, ever bother with Taco Bell, Taco Bueno beats them any day (as a national fast-food Mexican chain).

Jim Kyle
09-28-2019, 08:58 PM
This can’t be real.
It is, though. My complaint is NOT with the quality or presentation -- it is with dishonesty of advertising one thing and delivering another. My intent is to warn any unknowing individuals about that dishonesty.

I'm well aware that Taco Bell was founded on the idea that an entire menu could be created from just eight basic ingredients, and I've found that the quality of their tacos, while many orders of magnitude below that of those crafted by the dear departed El Charrito chain, is usually equal to or slightly better than those from the street vendors in Southern California who introduced them to me.

d-usa
09-28-2019, 09:09 PM
Did you check the menu board before you ordered?

https://i.imgur.com/EjLnJtj.jpg

The advertised thing here seems to match what you got.

RadicalModerate
09-29-2019, 05:41 AM
I miss the days when Taco Bell served simple tacos, beef burritos and the fanciest thing on their menu was the Enchirito . . . But I don't miss them much. (more recently, I thought the Gorditas were okay. do they still do Gorditas? I haven't been to a Taco Bell in maybe five years.)

MagzOK
09-29-2019, 08:54 AM
I was fond of their Chilito when I was a teen, but that was 30 years ago. My stomach can't take that place today.

jccouger
09-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Maybe you ordered wrong

They have multiple boxes. If you just said "Give me the $5 box" you probably got what you ordered.

jn1780
09-30-2019, 10:52 AM
They are always changing the contents of the 5 dollar box. It's not about false advertising, it's that they discontinued the special you probably saw advertised recently and replaced it with another.

Their is a forbidden melt taco box now

baralheia
09-30-2019, 12:39 PM
Any time that happens, don't be afraid to call the restaurant. I've worked in the industry, and 99% of the time they're more than happy to correct the error when notified - either correcting that order, or offering you compensation on your next order.

I suspect the origin of the issue comes down to one of two things: Taco Bell stores usually have multiple "box" Limited Time Offer (LTO) menu items at one time. The current LTO is the Toasted Cheddar Chalupa box, but some stores also still have the Chalupa Cravings box. As mentioned by others, the other items you got in your box suggest that you may have been given a Chalupa Cravings box instead, either due to kitchen error or you inadvertently not being precise enough when ordering. It's either that, or kitchen staff got confused and put the wrong side items in your box (which if the Taco Bell subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/tacobell/) is to be believed, this is a common problem across many stores right now).

In any event, a phone call or a return trip to the store will nearly always be in your favor when you don't get what you expected.

Their is a forbidden melt taco box now

Interesting to note: OKC is one of Taco Bell's test markets, and this Forbidden Melt Taco is a test item. We're not the first test market to get it, though... I think this is the second or third test round for this item. It's an interesting item but the flavors and textures didn't work well for me.

MikeLucky
09-30-2019, 09:54 PM
There are two different things going on here. The toasted cheddar chalupa is a new limited time item that is a normal chalupa with a toasted cheddar crust on the chalupa. That item which you wanted is in a box deal with two tacos.

What you got is a $5 craving box that has the regular chalupa and he other items you described.

Unless you specifically said you wanted the toasted cheddar chalupa box, they probably assumed you wanted the one with the regular chalupa.

TheSteveHunt
09-30-2019, 10:45 PM
Funny stuff. Don't eat this garbage.

side note: going through a very difficult family time, and I must say that (Sadly) my
dad goes to that location a lot, despite how much I hate him eating that Cornett approved frankenfood, they are very kind to him
which I appreciate.

MikeLucky
10-01-2019, 08:00 AM
I live around the corner from this location so I've been there more times in the last 6 years than I'd like to admit. Generally speaking it's a very good location for service and food quality. Like it has been said already, it's trash food no matter what. Even the best taco bell is still a taco bell.

Jim Kyle
10-02-2019, 08:05 AM
There are two different things going on here. The toasted cheddar chalupa is a new limited time item that is a normal chalupa with a toasted cheddar crust on the chalupa. That item which you wanted is in a box deal with two tacos.You hit it on the head. Not being aware of the situation, I simply asked for the chalupa box! Perhaps I'm being a bit too strict but marketers should always be aware that Murphy lurks everywhere.

Jim Kyle
10-02-2019, 08:07 AM
I live around the corner from this location so I've been there more times in the last 6 years than I'd like to admit. Generally speaking it's a very good location for service and food quality. Like it has been said already, it's trash food no matter what. Even the best taco bell is still a taco bell.Agreed about the quality, but when all one wants is a few calories, it's as good as many alternative sources and if one likes Tex-Mex, better than most.