View Full Version : SWA N/S to Vegas

BDP
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Southwest is adding non-stop service to Vegas:

http://newsok.com/article/1655539/?template=business/main

Service starts nov. 12. They're on sale now (some for $99)

Good times too - leave OKC at 2:15 pm and return from Vegas at 9:30 am.

Decious
10-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Good times too - leave OKC at 2:15 pm and return from Vegas at 9:30 am.

Just enough time to get into a year or two or eighteen of trouble.

Bang Bang Baaaaaannng

:fighting2

Sorry. :backtotop

venture
10-30-2005, 10:55 PM
This will be interesting to see how well they compete against both Allegiant and Champion that run 4 weekly flights, and US Airways that runs a daily flight. I think one of the more disgusting things out of all of this...

Just last week Southwest's CEO was spouting off about how there is TOO MUCH capacity in the industry and that airlines aren't doing enough to cut back on it. However, they then immediately turn around and announce Denver with 10-13 new daily flights and then this new announcement of over 50 new flights system wide. For an airline complaining about capacity, they sure enjoy providing as much as possible. I believe their last reported load factor was in the 60% range, which most major airlines in the 80-90% range.

I think Southwest needs to start looking in the mirror with a ton of half empty 737s flying around before they go spouting off about capacity issues.

brianinok
10-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Southwest's load factor for 3rd qtr 2005 was 74.9%, up from 72.7% a year before. So, they are headed in the right direction. It's hard to fault them when they are the only major airline to continue to make money.