View Full Version : Recommendations For A Tree Trimmer

Bill Robertson
07-04-2019, 10:25 AM
I’ve trimmed the tree in my front yard as far as I can without getting on a ladder with my telescoping trimmer. And with both hips replaced last year I just don’t feel comfortable about getting up on ladder in the yard. I need someone to finish the high part. I’ve contacted a couple on FB but haven’t received any replies.

turnpup
07-04-2019, 10:31 AM
We've used Jolliff Tree Care (Darren Jolliff) for years and at two different homes. He and his workers are always very courteous and skilled. The crew uses all the appropriate safety gear (helmets, goggles, tethers when climbing, etc.). I don't know how their prices compare to others, but they appear to be fair. The number is 405-924-1699.

Mel
07-04-2019, 02:12 PM
https://www.superpages.com/bp/oklahoma-city-ok/rb-turftree-L2200276797.htm?SRC=portals&lbp=1&PGID=dfwlnpplanbt02.8082.1562271117526.12032201008 8&bidType=FLCLIK&TR=77&bpp=5&T=Mustang&S=OK&L=Oklahoma%20City,%20OK

Bill Robertson
07-06-2019, 05:15 AM
Thanks. Darren Jolliff is coming to look at it this morning.

TheTravellers
06-09-2021, 01:46 PM
So I've used Jolliff twice (back in 2018-19) and they did a great job, both in customer service and actual work. Texted him twice recently, then called twice (got voicemail after it rang a few times, but the next time it went straight to voicemail), doesn't look like he's on Facebook or has any kind of internet presence, so I'm done with him, I need to find somebody else. Any recommendations?

TheTravellers
06-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Turns out I may not need a tree trimmer, thought I'd post this to give PluPan a laugh.

OG&E came out today and said our neighbor to our west had griped to them that other people's power lines crossed over their property. This is the same neighbor that did not heed multiple warnings from multiple neighbors (me included) over the past few years that their trees were dead/dying and needed to be trimmed because if any of them came down during a storm, it would tear down multiple people's power lines. And guess what happened during the last bad ice storm..... So now OG&E is planning on putting a new pole in the corner of our yard and they're going to have to do some massive trimming, if not taking an entire tree out, to get the new pole put in so our house and the one behind me will be on our own pole. :doh: So, while I understand that lines to other houses shouldn't probably cross other yards, if the neighbors would've done the right thing, none of this would've happened, but now we have a new power pole with aboveground lines getting moved, yay.

Jeepnokc
11-14-2023, 08:32 AM
Looking for updated information for a tree trimmer? Have 12 trees that need to be pruned and trimmed. Any recommendations?

I have gotten one person but have no clue as to what is normal. He was $200 per tree for trimming 25-35 foot maples. Is this normal range?

Richard at Remax
11-14-2023, 09:00 AM
Sergio Perez - 405-512-7914. He does all my personal and rental yard services, as well as tree trimming and removal. Tell him Richard sent you

TheTravellers
11-14-2023, 09:34 AM
We've used Darren Jolliff at least 3 times, per turnpup's recommendation, and have always been pleased with what he does and the price (he did actually get back in touch with me eventually after Jun 2021 and I used him for the new OG&E pole installation trimming that OG&E didn't do themselves). I can't remember how much he charges, but it seemed reasonable, and he's worked with multiple neighbors of ours to get everything done. Seems like $200 per tree of that size isn't out of line, but not sure how much you're actually having trimmed and if they have to go up into the tree to do it.

Brett
11-15-2023, 03:08 AM
I have used Zack Mitchell, OSU Graduate Forester and ISA Certified Arborist from Professional Tree Care (https://www.protreecareok.com/) 405-282-0776.

Zack and his crew were able to take down a giant common hackberry and grind the stump in my backyard for which I am truly grateful. I can't remember the price I paid but it was reasonable.