View Full Version : Seven47

metro
10-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Ok for all those who say there isn't any hip spots. Yet another one has opened, this time in Norman. Seven47 at 747 Asp. Ave has officially opened. Brian Boguert, a Norman resident who attended SMU in Dallas is the head entrepreneur behind this project. He states the hip, chic contemporary clubs in Highland Park area of Dallas is the inspiration behind this project. The place includes upscale food as well and a VIP Vault room with a circular table for 20 and plasma T.V.'s as well as it's own patio, fireplace, and lounge area with modern LED lighting and furniture throughout the entire place. A quote "People have told us they feel as though they're out of Norman when they come through the door".

John
10-28-2005, 12:16 AM
FYI, Brian is one of the guys who brought us Texadelphia.

metro
10-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Yes and one other restaurant which skips my mind

BG918
10-31-2005, 09:39 AM
I really like Seven47. They have a great menu, one of the most upscale in Norman especially now that Daddy Woo's closed. The bar is pretty expensive but no one seems to mind because that place is packed every night of the college weekend (which includes Thursdays). Campus Corner has gotten a lot better over the past couple years but there is still a ways to go. There are still quite a few vacancies, parking is an issue (a garage would easily solve that problem), and the parking lots and crappy apartments around University Ave. are just begging to be developed into mixed-used housing, right in Campus Corner and minutes from the OU campus. Just like in OKC's downtown, residential is a key ingredient for creating a more lively Campus Corner.

escan
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Spent the afternoon there before the OU/Baylor game and loved it. Was a more upscale clientele than Al's or Brother's. Good food, not too crowded...I'll be back for sure.

kahloist
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Victoria's is a lovely place to have a meal and gaze at some art.

BG918
11-14-2005, 09:35 PM
^ Victoria's is great, one of the best local places in Norman. The new place next door, Ruby's Diner, is open all night serving typical diner food but I haven't been yet. Campus Corner has 2 coffee shops, Crimson Creamery and Gourmet Vue, but IMO both aren't that great. I would really love to see an Uncommon Grounds (like the one in Bricktown) open up in Campus Corner and stay open until 2 am every night. Uncommon Grounds feels like a true coffee shop with a darker vibe, couches, and live music some nights which is what Norman needs. I'm glad Starbucks has not entered Campus Corner but it would be nice to have one closer to campus, by the dorms maybe?

Back on topic, I took an out of town visitor to Seven47 last weekend and he was very impressed. He said it reminded him of a big city nightclub.

goldenchurchhill
07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
They are opening a Starbucks on Asp and Boyd, where Jimmy Johns was. Lame.

Also, those apt. on University aren't trashy, they are cozy and home. Keys West pool is the place to be in summer.

Martin
07-06-2007, 11:31 PM
didn't know there was a seven47 thread. went there a few weeks ago and was impressed. the atmosphere is everything as described in the original post... really hip and modern. the menu had a decent range of choices. i had their chicken fried chicken which came with garlic mashed potatoes. i'd pretty much have to say that the meal was prepared perfectly. the chicken was perfectly cooked and seasoned. i'm pretty sure they added some cornmeal to the breading, which made for a nice texture. the potatoes were great, too. they were rich as if prepared with real butter and cream and had just the right amount of garlic. the consistancy was perfect... not too lumpy, yet not over-processed. all-in-all, i'd give the food a thumbs up. that and the patrón was quite tasty, too.

-M

soonerliberal
07-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Great environment, Great food, Great price.

A great Norman hotspot.

dismayed
07-08-2007, 10:27 AM
It's a nice place. The main negative is that the service is extremely slow on Friday and Saturday nights. I've been setting at the bar before and watched people come up and stand at the bar for over 20 minutes without even being acknowledged that they are there. I know it can be a busy place at times, but it's no busier than some of the places in Bricktown I've been to.