View Full Version : Intersections to avoid!

bucktalk
05-24-2019, 01:57 PM
I have a few intersections I try to avoid at all costs! Here they are:
1. May and Memorial.
2. Penn and Memorial.
3. Western and Memorial.
4. 2nd and Bryant. (Edmond)

Yours?

pw405
05-24-2019, 02:11 PM
NW 63rd and May can get pretty bad, especially westbound at rush hour. Luckily it seems to not last very long.

jompster
05-24-2019, 05:00 PM
I-40 and MacArthur for sure.

SEMIweather
05-24-2019, 05:09 PM
I-40 and Penn is pretty bad.

d-usa
05-24-2019, 05:22 PM
1. May and Memorial.
2. Penn and Memorial.
3. Western and Memorial.

Yours?

I think as a whole Penn & Memorial is leaps and bounds worse than May & Memorial, especially going north or south.

The only portion of May & Memorial that I hate is going westbound on memorial through May during rush hour.

emtefury
05-24-2019, 05:56 PM
SW 59th and Sara Road at 5:30pm.

rte66man
05-24-2019, 07:31 PM
NW 63rd and NW Expressway at rush hour. Westbound traffic can take 3 light to clear. Idiots eastbound trying to make a left onto Shawnee. OKC not banning those turns during rush hour as they do at many other intersections so traffic doesn't back up into the main intersection. Other idiots making illegal left turns off 63rd onto NW Expy.

MagzOK
05-25-2019, 09:34 AM
1. May and Memorial.
2. Penn and Memorial.
3. Western and Memorial.

Yours?

The top three intersections here could be easily improved with tweaks in the lighting traffic control. I noticed on your number four, Edmond actually removed one of the two left turn lanes which now backs up SB Bryant. Not sure as to the reasoning for that. Nonetheless, this is a good list. I would like to add Waterloo and I-35 during rush hour, however engineers have really made strides in improving it within the current layout. There is a project lined up to totally redo it so that's good.

T. Jamison
05-27-2019, 09:24 AM
122nd and Penn. Not due to the traffic but the Jesus panhandlers.

OKCbyTRANSFER
05-27-2019, 02:21 PM
122nd and Penn. Not due to the traffic but the Jesus panhandlers.

+1✓

Mott
05-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Westbound on Reno and Portland, everyone in turn lane s.b. to get to I-40. Real meltdown at rush hour.

MadMonk
05-28-2019, 07:32 PM
I-40 and Council during rush hours. So many 18-wheelers...

I wish they'd re-do it like they did at I-40 and Morgan.

RadicalModerate
05-30-2019, 06:14 PM
I will "upvote" Memorial and Penn (aka The Intersection from Hell) as a one of the worst. However, I must say that Tom+Chee (in the former location of StarBucks) was AMAZING in terms of goodness and our excursion into Chisholm Creek (The Sidecar Barley Wine Pub) Devine. Except for having to view The Golfing Nets Memorial from the Patio. While enjoying one of the finest cigars ever. =~) If that reads confusing . . . Order/Request what they call The Butcher Board. It can probably be shipped by drone to the Inner City Dwellers. =~)

GoGators
05-30-2019, 07:47 PM
I will "upvote" Memorial and Penn (aka The Intersection from Hell) as a one of the worst. However, I must say that Tom+Chee (in the former location of StarBucks) was AMAZING in terms of goodness and our excursion into Chisholm Creek (The Sidecar Barley Wine Pub) Devine. Except for having to view The Golfing Nets Memorial from the Patio. While enjoying one of the finest cigars ever. =~) If that reads confusing . . . Order/Request what they call The Butcher Board. It can probably be shipped by drone to the Inner City Dwellers. =~)

There’s literally a sidecar in the inner city. And you don’t have to overlook a massive parking lot and empty field from the patio. And you don’t have to go anywhere near these “intersections to avoid” Heck the street car will drop you off right by it, you don’t even need to drive =~)

corwin1968
05-30-2019, 09:19 PM
1. May and Memorial.
2. Penn and Memorial.
3. Western and Memorial.

Yours?

That's a good list but I would replace 3 & 4 with 15th & Broadway and 33rd & Broadway.