View Full Version : Alignment shop recommendation?

SoonerDave
04-08-2019, 07:50 AM
Looking for a recommendation on a good alignment shop in S. OKC area.

Also looking for a place that can evacuate and refill my car A/C.

Not interested/don't trust chain shops like Firestone or Pep Boys, prefer local recc. Looks like shop I had previously been referred to has changed hands and is just writing big front end repair jobs for every alignment :(

Thx..

rezman
04-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Terry's & Sons, SE 59th & Sheilds. I drive from the north side anytime I need front end work. 228 SE 59th St.

SSEiYah
04-12-2019, 08:22 AM
I recently had a pretty good experience with MileX/Mr Transmission, 39th and Meridian. They spent 3 hours leak detecting and then fixing my last AC issue and only charged me $200 in labor and did not jack up the prices of parts either. In my case I had two leaking o-rings and a leaking expansion valve.

If your ball joints/tie rods are bad you need to replace them before any shop will do an alignment. You cant have loose wheels when you get an alignment done.

mike1k
04-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Brookwood Automotive at 7600 S Shields Blvd. Kevin is super nice, prices are fair and does great work!

BBatesokc
04-14-2019, 10:48 AM
The name escapes me right now, but the Edmond Discount Tire keeps coupons behind the counter for a local mechanic that does alignments with the coupon for like $50. I think that's $25-$30 off their regular price. I remember I looked them up and they had really good reviews.

Thomas Vu
04-15-2019, 08:33 AM
The name escapes me right now, but the Edmond Discount Tire keeps coupons behind the counter for a local mechanic that does alignments with the coupon for like $50. I think that's $25-$30 off their regular price. I remember I looked them up and they had really good reviews.

If you're referring to the one off Broadway extension, did they change from the now VW dealer across the street?

BBatesokc
04-16-2019, 05:46 AM
If you're referring to the one off Broadway extension, did they change from the now VW dealer across the street?

Sorry, you lost me. Are you asking if they changed from recommending someone across the street to do alignment? They've never suggested anyone to me other than the local shop whose coupon they have behind the counter. The shop is located a couple of miles from the Broadway Ext. Discount Tire.

Thomas Vu
04-16-2019, 07:07 AM
Sorry, you lost me. Are you asking if they changed from recommending someone across the street to do alignment? They've never suggested anyone to me other than the local shop whose coupon they have behind the counter. The shop is located a couple of miles from the Broadway Ext. Discount Tire.

The place I got recommended to do an alignment was a dealer across the street that is now a VW dealer.

rezman
04-16-2019, 08:13 AM
The place I got recommended to do an alignment was a dealer across the street that is now a VW dealer.

The VW dealership has moved to the corner of Memorial & Santa Fe. Unless that's a second location.

SoonerDave
04-17-2019, 08:14 AM
Thanks for all the good info guys. I discovered a bad tie rod on one side and would have done it myself had I the time once I discovered it. I ended up taking it to Merle's Alignment on South Shields and they did a great job for a net of only about ~$100-$120 more than if I'd done it myself, plus they did it in just a couple of hours plus got it aligned. They did adjust out some positive camber I knew was present on the front end, which made the time I spent installing some eccentric camber adjustment bolts in the front end worthwhile....