View Full Version : Where do you live? Why?

Luke
09-15-2004, 09:51 PM
And if you live in OKC, what part?

As for me, I live in Mesta Park. I live in a historic house (in which I rent an apartment) in a historic neighborhood. I'm 24 years old, but it reminds me of the house in which I grew up. I love this area because of its cozy feel. The homes in this area are gorgeous. Plus, I love being close to downtown. I am able to ride my bike downtown in about 10 minutes. I just shoot down Robinson and admire the beautiful buildings downtown. Then I hit Sheridan and watch the progress in Bricktown. On my way back I take Broadway to see what's new in Automobile Alley.

Also, I'm 5 minutes from Penn Square Mall, 5 minutes from the bulk of the Western Avenue district, 5 minutes from downtown/Bricktown, in the heart of the Asian District, 5 minutes from Paseo, close to NW Expressway. Overall, a really cool location.

What about you?

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
I live on the North West Side and would love to get out of here!My son is still in Putnam City school district Thank God! :D

okcpulse
09-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I live at an apartment complex in northwest Oklahoma City near Lake Hefner. Lots of water on this side of town, and a lot of parks and has a lot of slopes, which is good for running. I like northwest Oklahoma City for its natural recreation, including Martin Park and the Lake Hefner trials. I love how the homes sit right off the water in Blue Stem and Ski Island. But I also love historic Oklahoma City as well. When I shoot motion picture films here in the future, I am going to make OKC look damn good!

I also love northwest Oklahoma City for all of its shopping opportunities. There is the rapidly growing Quail Springs corridor, Penn Square Mall, and everything on May Avenue and Northwest Expressway.

Patrick
09-16-2004, 12:07 AM
I live off NW Expressway near Integris Baptist Medical Center. It's a great location....close to the Hefner Parkway where I can be up to Memorial Rd. in no time........just down the street from Penn Square Mall.............and a stone's throw away from all of the great things NW Expressway has to offer. Of course I'm not too far from the downtown area either! And just minutes from a stroll at Lake Hefner Trails!

Midtowner
09-16-2004, 07:00 AM
In an apartment complex across the street from the art museum. 2 block walk to the trollies and 25 cents to Bricktown.

floater
09-16-2004, 07:34 AM
You guys know I live in downtown Cleveland. Specifically, in a rehabbed historic hotel that's now an apartment building. It's nice enough to fit with any of the apartment buildings on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Fortunately, Cleveland's downtown rental market demand was weak enough that I snagged the best deal in town (I think) -- a studio for $430. The location's great because it's safe, and it's within two blocks of church, a post office, the campus, a small grocery, a Starbucks, and the performing arts center.

Fast forward to the future, and if all the financial pieces come together, I'd want to live in either: the Legacy Summit project in the arts district or the Paseo neighborhood just north of NW 23rd.

mranderson
09-16-2004, 08:28 AM
I live in a house in far southwest Oklahoma City. Why? It has no mortgage against it.

If I had my choice (due to finances, or lack there of, I have no choice), I would build a house near NW 122 and Rockwell as I hate the south side of town.

Although there are some "normies" on the south side, there are way too many hicks here for my taste. The north side is more civilized.