View Full Version : Recommendations for Reunion Venue

BBatesokc
01-23-2019, 09:11 AM
I hadn't seen this topic come up lately, so I was wondering what current/new offerings might be out there...

Looking for a fun venue for a 30-year high school class reunion in the downtown, midtown-ish area for this summer.

Ideally I'd like something that had indoor and outdoor spaces (priority on indoor - but a patio area would be nice).

Something with a good feel to it, maybe a view, and some character. The last get together we had was the patio above PLENTY MERCANTILE in Automobile alley and it was PERFECT! Looking for something similar with more indoor space.

Something that would accommodate 100-150 people, catering and a band.

Just don't want 4-walls and BORING like you'd get with most hotel banquet spaces.

Thanks!

Martin
01-23-2019, 09:15 AM
vast would be a pretty cool venue...

sooner88
01-23-2019, 09:16 AM
I hadn't seen this topic come up lately, so I was wondering what current/new offerings might be out there...

Looking for a fun venue for a 30-year high school class reunion in the downtown, midtown-ish area for this summer.

Ideally I'd like something that had indoor and outdoor spaces (priority on indoor - but a patio area would be nice).

Something with a good feel to it, maybe a view, and some character. The last get together we had was the patio above PLENTY MERCANTILE in Automobile alley and it was PERFECT! Looking for something similar with more indoor space.

Something that would accommodate 100-150 people, catering and a band.

Just don't want 4-walls and BORING like you'd get with most hotel banquet spaces.

Thanks!

https://skylinebricktown.com/

Bullbear
01-23-2019, 09:19 AM
The upstairs in the paramount building. has a large space you can have a band and catering and a bar as well. have went to a few parties there and it worked out well.. no outdoor space however.

Pete
01-23-2019, 09:39 AM
I've held a class reunion at Vast. Would not recommend as it turned out to be crazy expensive.

We looked hard at the former Park House space in the Myriad Gardens. It's beautiful and people can park on the street or directly across at the Cox Center. That will likely be the spot for our next reunion.

The Devon boathouse is really nice and we just had a large event there for the Gazette.

Feel free to private message me as I've done all my class reunions and a fair number of events in the core.

Bellaboo
01-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Aloft has a covered outdoor venue on the top floor that might connect to a banquet room.

okatty
01-23-2019, 06:32 PM
I have been to a couple of things at Walker Terrace but don’t think it would be big enough unless you can use the outdoor space (nice weather) and maybe not even then.

http://www.walkerterrace.com

Richard at Remax
01-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Can't go wrong with the Jones Assembly

Uptowner
01-29-2019, 11:04 PM
The building on 2nd just east of the tracks that houses dental 32 has a really really nice space on the roof. I’d check the capacity because it feels like 100 is about as many as you could comfortably be up there and I’d check the catering logistic. The farmers market can be had for a surprisingly low price. I all depends on your budget. Booze and food can make or break your budget. I always blow the stack on the venue, buy the booze from Byron’s, and recruit a local bartender to serve. Same goes for catering if you do mostly cold platters and a couple chaffing dishes you can save a ton on labor.

Which is why I don’t recommend hotels, restaurants, or even the boathouses as they have a lid of approved caterers. Caterers that might raise the price on you for a boathouse job. My wife was an event planner for a “do it all” catering company when Chesapeake’s first opened.

Of course if you DIY it you’ll be on the hook for rentals and logistics. For us over the years it’s been worth it to skew the budget to venue and entertainment value.

Uptowner
01-29-2019, 11:07 PM
^^^
Can’t edit tha from my iPad. The boathouse have a LIST. And obviously hotels and the like force you to pay by the drink & guest number for food.