View Full Version : Producer Coop Towers

Charlie
12-26-2018, 03:59 PM
This was a post that has been on my mind of late, being that the boulevard is now done and the producer coop soil is now being worked on, this could potentially still be in play! There was a lot of interest in this project until Steve Lackmeyer destroyed all of our hopes with his article dismissing the project. Now it seems to be a very good possibility with all the Maps 3 projects up and going and the Producers Coop now cleared.

stlokc
12-26-2018, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure that the market would agree that these towers are a "very good possibility." But I will say that from a density standpoint, I would rather see buildings of this height on the Cox Center site than across the boulevard.

baralheia
12-26-2018, 05:46 PM
This was a post that has been on my mind of late, being that the boulevard is now done and the producer coop soil is now being worked on, this could potentially still be in play! There was a lot of interest in this project until Steve Lackmeyer destroyed all of our hopes with his article dismissing the project. Now it seems to be a very good possibility with all the Maps 3 projects up and going and the Producers Coop now cleared.

I'm 99.9% sure that specific project is totally dead. That said, I would absolutely love to see something like this happen...

mugofbeer
12-27-2018, 12:09 AM
Build apartments and condos like those along the park edge or Riverside

SagerMichael
12-27-2018, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure that the market would agree that these towers are a "very good possibility." But I will say that from a density standpoint, I would rather see buildings of this height on the Cox Center site than across the boulevard. I actually disagree with your last point. Adding towers of this height south of the boulevard would widen the skyline and even it out a little bit. Imagine the view from I-40 East coming in. Also, the Cox site is always going to be hot, but the Coop site is a blank canvas that might turn into lower bricktown 2.0. Adding towers would stop that.

tyeomans
12-27-2018, 08:27 AM
What is this project even from? I have never seen this before.

hoya
12-27-2018, 08:49 AM
What is this project even from? I have never seen this before.

It's a proposal from like 3 or 4 years ago. As I recall it was basically just a pretty picture the property owner came up with, hoping that investors would run in and dump a bunch of money on them. I think the property has changed hands since then.

stlokc
12-27-2018, 09:16 AM
I actually disagree with your last point. Adding towers of this height south of the boulevard would widen the skyline and even it out a little bit. Imagine the view from I-40 East coming in. Also, the Cox site is always going to be hot, but the Coop site is a blank canvas that might turn into lower bricktown 2.0. Adding towers would stop that.

SagerMichael, I respect your points. In a perfect world, I would like 20-40 story towers on the Coop site, as well as the Cox site, and all the way along the park. But maybe I am too pessimistic, I just don't think OKC has the capacity to get there in this generation. Therefore, I would rather not "spread it out" so much that we run the risk of lower quality infill on the Cox site. In my mind, the Cox site is the absolute linchpin of downtown in the next decade. That needs to be dense, dense, and then when you think you're finished, dense some more. The more we "spread out" the downtown skyline, the less chance there is for high density in the core.

But it's kind of a silly discussion, because we're several years from any of this coming to pass.

Anonymous.
12-27-2018, 10:04 AM
There is already an existing thread with massive discussion about this site. And it is not part of the Co-Op, it is a separate lumberyard.

You can find all of the information here:
http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=36907&p=752365#post752365