View Full Version : Oklahoma County Courthouse Protester Kathy Doyle.

Pages : [1] 2

BBatesokc
09-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Kathy Jeanette Box-Doyle, 56, is an Oklahoma County resident and her one-woman 'protest' has become a fixture outside the Oklahoma County Courthouse in downtown Oklahoma City, literally daily, since March of this year (2018).

If you've visited the courthouse through the north entrance off of Robert S. Kerr Ave., in the last 6+ months, then you couldn't have avoided seeing her handmade signs that take up almost the entirety of the northwest side of the building from the main entrance to Hudson Ave. (see pic)...

Doyle's efforts have been reported on by the KFOR News Ch4 (https://kfor.com/2018/05/30/protest-signs-outside-county-annex-building-causing-controversy/) in May and the Oklahoman (https://newsok.com/article/5596562/edmond-woman-protests-outside-oklahoma-county-courthouse) in June.

Doyle claims her protest is the result of a feeling that she has yet to receive the justice she deserved after divorcing her former husband Carlton J. Doyle (http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=FD-2012-2876&cmid=2892465) (she actually divorced him twice) - Her most recent divorce was filed in 2012 and 'finalized' in 2014. That said, Kathy Doyle continues to file motions Pro Se - with the most recent being on 8/9/2018.

Most recently Kathy Doyle doesn't even appear to be manning her protest signs for hours at a time. She leaves and simply posts this sign acknowledging she is absent.... The picture below I took this morning (Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 at 7am)....

She's also setup a semi-permanent 'office' for herself where she stores signs, supplies and creates new signs (see pic)...

I've seen her with a small portable grill, cooking herself lunch and dinner on the sidewalk. I've also received information that she urinates in the parking garage to the north when the publicly accessible buildings in the area are closed.

Anyone who knows me knows that I very much support an individual's right to protest. In fact, I stood in front of that very courthouse, years ago, protesting then Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane. That said, at what point is Kathy Doyle's protest 'going too far'?

For one, her signs make some very disparaging personal remarks about some elected officials that have absolutely nothing to do with her grievance. Most importantly however, her 'protest' has grown in size that it obstructs the use of the common areas outside the courthouse. Her signs block seating areas and many county employees tell me they are fearful of being seen anywhere near the protest signs for fear others will think they support Kathy Doyle's efforts. How large of an area should a single person be allowed to take up/obstruct in their protest? Should she only be allowed signs she can carry or stand next to? Lastly, is she even allowed by law to place her signs in these areas and then leave them unattended? If so, what keeps any citizen from simply lining the courthouse with signs and then walking away and claiming it's a protest that cannot be regulated or restrained.

Thoughts?

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:

1.) Kathy Doyle appears to have a website at this link. (https://badjudge505497987.wordpress.com)
2.) You can get a sense of Kathy Doyle's history with the courts (appellate, Cleveland County, Logan County and Oklahoma County) at this OSCN link (https://badjudge505497987.wordpress.com).
3.) Kathy Doyle's Facebook profile (https://www.facebook.com/tahitibound).

pw405
09-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Hmmm... this is rather bizarre. I'm not really sure what I think. Is her "right to protest" even valid if she's away?

Midtowner
09-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Hmmm... this is rather bizarre. I'm not really sure what I think. Is her "right to protest" even valid if she's away?

Which leads to a very zen legal question--is it speech if no one is there to speak? I think probably yes, so long as someone is around to hear it. I looked her case up on OSCN and she'd probably be doing fine if she'd just hire a lawyer to fix her situation... and at this point she might have a difficult time finding an Oklahoma County who doesn't recuse, which is fair as she has accused a District Judge of ruling for whoever they are sleeping with. She has an ex who refuses to comply with court orders. Not surprisingly, she's not doing the right things representing herself to get him to pay that money. I think she may have a screw or two loose. I don't think I've seen a family division case not called Hamm v Hamm with so many entries of appearance on it.

From all appearances, she didn't understand that the husband couldn't be jailed for a second time for not following a court order where the amount had already been reduced to judgment and where he'd already been sentenced and served time for. She should have garnished, held hearings on assets, etc., but because she can only try and emulate the things her attorneys did for her when she was represented, she doesn't know that.

OKCRT
09-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Which leads to a very zen legal question--is it speech if no one is there to speak? I think probably yes, so long as someone is around to hear it. I looked her case up on OSCN and she'd probably be doing fine if she'd just hire a lawyer to fix her situation... and at this point she might have a difficult time finding an Oklahoma County who doesn't recuse, which is fair as she has accused a District Judge of ruling for whoever they are sleeping with. She has an ex who refuses to comply with court orders. Not surprisingly, she's not doing the right things representing herself to get him to pay that money. I think she may have a screw or two loose. I don't think I've seen a family division case not called Hamm v Hamm with so many entries of appearance on it.

From all appearances, she didn't understand that the husband couldn't be jailed for a second time for not following a court order where the amount had already been reduced to judgment and where he'd already been sentenced and served time for. She should have garnished, held hearings on assets, etc., but because she can only try and emulate the things her attorneys did for her when she was represented, she doesn't know that.

Sounds like she needs help in more ways than one. Some nice Lawyer should give her some legal advice to help her move along.

Anonymous.
09-05-2018, 07:26 AM
I have walked by this many times and seen her (sometimes with friends?) cooking food out there at like 8pm or later. I had no idea she had been there since March. The first time I saw the setup was maybe in early July.

Magic's Immune System
09-05-2018, 08:45 AM
I saw her unloading her stuff from a new Infinity SUV. Makes it hard to feel sorry for her. She is making wild accusations against judges that have nothing to do with her case. She just wants revenge, and has a screw loose. No wonder her husband left her.

Midtowner
09-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Sounds like she needs help in more ways than one. Some nice Lawyer should give her some legal advice to help her move along.

She's accusing judges of corruption and giving rulings in exchange for sexual favors. That's a hard pass for me.

BBatesokc
09-06-2018, 06:30 AM
I saw her unloading her stuff from a new Infinity SUV. Makes it hard to feel sorry for her. She is making wild accusations against judges that have nothing to do with her case. She just wants revenge, and has a screw loose. No wonder her husband left her.

In all fairness, that's an older Infinity SUV (from her previous marriage). I believe it's a 2010 or 2011 with a couple of hundred thousand miles on it.

That said, yes, it's easy to see why her husband left her. I personally think we are all bearing witness to an individual's steady decline into insanity.

Midtowner
09-06-2018, 08:44 AM
That said, yes, it's easy to see why her husband left her.

I'll take a bit of issue with that statement, having represented so many people in the family courts that I couldn't begin to count them. We don't have much insight into this aside from what you can read on OSCN. I know every single one of the attorneys who have been involved over the years. All are good people. It looks like the husband was supposed to pay alimony and that he didn't do it. He spent months in jail rather than pay alimony. That apparently led to her financial ruin. Does she have an axe to grind? Hell yes she does. I can't blame her for being mad as hell. Could I see a layperson not being advised by counsel coming to the conclusion that the judge won't send ex-hubbie back to jail because he won't pay the alimony as some sort of judicial corruption? I

Reasonable minds can reach that result.

I certainly part ways with her as to her more recent activities.. she needs to be garnishing her ex. He apparently has a decent income. This shouldn't be hard. There are fill in the blank forms online.

CloudDeckMedia
09-06-2018, 08:59 AM
The County has been gracious in accommodating her from the north entrance west to Walker and around the corner, but at some point they’ll need to let her know that time’s up.

Midtowner
09-06-2018, 09:26 AM
I'm not aware that your 1st Amendment rights came with an expiration date.

Martin
09-06-2018, 09:43 AM
i'm not aware that your 1st amendment rights allowed you to indefinitely store your stuff on government property.

Midtowner
09-06-2018, 09:49 AM
i'm not aware that your 1st amendment rights allowed you to indefinitely store your stuff on government property.

I don't think the County wants the lawsuit. Placing signs in conspicuous locations on the sidewalk isn't for storage, it's for display. I noticed yesterday and this morning that her signs have been adjusted as to be less obstructive. They're not blocking traffic or any of the seating areas.

CloudDeckMedia
09-06-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm not aware that your 1st Amendment rights came with an expiration date.

Mid, she’s absolutely granted that right, but there are limits. Whether the WWI “Bonus Marchers” in the 1930s or “Occupy Wall Street” a few years ago, all were accommodated, but eventually removed without infringing their First Amendment rights.

CloudDeckMedia
09-06-2018, 10:00 AM

Martin
09-06-2018, 10:03 AM
I don't think the County wants the lawsuit.

perhaps so, but if that's the case then i'm confident that the county's reasoning would be based on pragmatism and not constitutionality. granted, i'm basing my position on the assumption that she isn't packing up her signs and other property each night and taking them with her... perhaps you are assuming otherwise.

d-usa
09-06-2018, 11:23 AM
I am pro 1st, but it would be reasonable to require her to be present for the protest and to pick up signs left without her there as litter.

Midtowner
09-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Mid, she’s absolutely granted that right, but there are limits. Whether the WWI “Bonus Marchers” in the 1930s or “Occupy Wall Street” a few years ago, all were accommodated, but eventually removed without infringing their First Amendment rights.

Let's agree that this isn't either of those things. The WWI Bonus Marchers and Occupy Wall Street protests occupied significant real estate and truly obstructed things. This is a lady and some signs.

Midtowner
09-06-2018, 01:00 PM
perhaps so, but if that's the case then i'm confident that the county's reasoning would be based on pragmatism and not constitutionality. granted, i'm basing my position on the assumption that she isn't packing up her signs and other property each night and taking them with her... perhaps you are assuming otherwise.

I'm assuming that if she did leave her property overnight, it would probably end up in the possession of any of our local urban outdoorsmen who might be able to repurpose her property for another use. What makes this problematic for the county is that she is out there personally insulting county officials. Any response by the County could be made to appear to be personal. No matter how well-documented any response was, no matter how well the county personnel covered their butts, no one is going to want to touch this thing because of the potential federal lawsuit and the potential fact that a jury very well could decide that any action taken against her is personal.

CloudDeckMedia
09-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Let's agree that this isn't either of those things. The WWI Bonus Marchers and Occupy Wall Street protests occupied significant real estate and truly obstructed things. This is a lady and some signs.

Then we agree there should be limits to the size of the protest. To that I would add the length of time on public property. Government officials don't want to have to write ordinances for people who take advantage of the lack thereof, but if she doesn't leave, it will happen. Her point's been made.

Magic's Immune System
09-06-2018, 01:31 PM
In all fairness, that's an older Infinity SUV (from her previous marriage). I believe it's a 2010 or 2011 with a couple of hundred thousand miles on it.

That said, yes, it's easy to see why her husband left her. I personally think we are all bearing witness to an individual's steady decline into insanity.

The one I saw looked much newer than that. How on earth would you know the model of her car and how many miles she has on it?

Magic's Immune System
09-06-2018, 01:34 PM
I'll take a bit of issue with that statement, having represented so many people in the family courts that I couldn't begin to count them. We don't have much insight into this aside from what you can read on OSCN. I know every single one of the attorneys who have been involved over the years. All are good people. It looks like the husband was supposed to pay alimony and that he didn't do it. He spent months in jail rather than pay alimony. That apparently led to her financial ruin. Does she have an axe to grind? Hell yes she does. I can't blame her for being mad as hell. Could I see a layperson not being advised by counsel coming to the conclusion that the judge won't send ex-hubbie back to jail because he won't pay the alimony as some sort of judicial corruption? I

Reasonable minds can reach that result.

I certainly part ways with her as to her more recent activities.. she needs to be garnishing her ex. He apparently has a decent income. This shouldn't be hard. There are fill in the blank forms online.

It would also be helpful if she got a job instead of making crazy signs all day.

BBatesokc
09-06-2018, 02:03 PM
I'll take a bit of issue with that statement, ....

That’s fine, but I base my opinion on much more than simply putting her name into OSCN. I’ve read the VPO’s, spoken to individuals involved, employees at the courthouse and I’ve even spoken to her briefly twice now. I just really didn’t feel like putting all her personally business in this thread.

Regardless, her way of addressing this is also telling of her mental state IMO.

Jersey Boss
09-06-2018, 02:12 PM

Jersey Boss
09-06-2018, 02:16 PM
It would also be helpful if she got a job instead of making crazy signs all day.

While you question the mileage and age of her car you seem to know that she is employable. How so?

BBatesokc
09-06-2018, 02:20 PM
From those I’ve spoken to, the biggest issue to addressing her ‘protest’ is the fact she is on county property and not city property - and the county claims they have no rules/laws that address this specifically.

To me, I simply feel she should be required to man her signs and they should be positioned a reasonable distance from her. Beyond that, go for it.

Magic's Immune System
09-06-2018, 03:46 PM
While you question the mileage and age of her car you seem to know that she is employable. How so?

I damn sure wouldn't hire her, but she is physically capable. Saw her dragging sandbags, climbing on top of her SUV, and dragging signs all over the place.

Jersey Boss
09-06-2018, 04:43 PM
I damn sure wouldn't hire her, but she is physically capable. Saw her dragging sandbags, climbing on top of her SUV, and dragging signs all over the place.

Ok, that's fine but does not answer the question. Can she do that for 4 hours? Is she a convicted felon? Mental health?There are a lot of factors that determine employability.

BBatesokc
09-07-2018, 06:48 AM
Ok, that's fine but does not answer the question. Can she do that for 4 hours? Is she a convicted felon? Mental health?There are a lot of factors that determine employability.

She is 100% employable. She simply chooses to do this instead - which is completely her business. I just think there is a much bigger issue at hand and her activities simply highlight that bigger issue - what are the boundaries of ‘free speech’ in situations like this? Does she have to keep her posters in her hand, next to her or can she line them up around the entire building? Should she be required to man her posters or can she set them up and simply walk away? What if someone else wants to do the same thing? Are they allowed to set their posters up in front of hers? There is just a lot of issues at play and simply calling it it ‘her right to free speech’ is overly simplifying those issues.

Magic's Immune System
09-07-2018, 07:35 AM

Is she related to you? Or just typical internet white knighting?

CloudDeckMedia
09-07-2018, 07:43 AM
The County could draft guidelines (I’m not sure that “ordinance” is correct) for protests, allow for a comment period, and then implement them. They would define permissible things such as designated areas & hours, and prohibited things such as unattended items, cooking, amplified sounds, etc. This would require coordination between the county legal staff, district attorney, OCSO and perhaps OCPD, which probably is why guidelines haven’t been established. Who has the time & resources?

Midtowner
09-07-2018, 09:19 AM
From those I’ve spoken to, the biggest issue to addressing her ‘protest’ is the fact she is on county property and not city property - and the county claims they have no rules/laws that address this specifically.

To me, I simply feel she should be required to man her signs and they should be positioned a reasonable distance from her. Beyond that, go for it.

And this puts the county in a pickle. Any rules they adopt now, it will be argued were done not as neutral and uniformly applicable rules to restrict the time, place, and manner of political speech, but adopted as a direct result of this individual's actions. The government can adopt reasonable time, place and manner restrictions, but it can't adopt rules targeted at one individual.

When I got to the courthouse this morning about 10 til 9, all of her signs were out and blocking access to all of the covered walkway, forcing everyone to get rained on. No doubt this protest is a nuisance. I'll visit with some folks at the courthouse about this.

Edit to add:

I did visit with a deputy about this. The county's zone of control begins at the doorway. The city is technically supposed to police the sidewalk according to the unwritten rules. Also, the sheriff doesn't really have the ability to enforce the municipal ordinances, i.e., obstructing traffic, having an unlicensed assembly, which would be more applicable to the situation. No one is doing anything without the commissioners acting and the commissioners probably won't act until after the November election if she hangs around that long. The city could act, but they won't. She does not store the signs there, she just gets there early every day and packs things up at the end of the day.

Jersey Boss
09-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Is she related to you? Or just typical internet white knighting?

Neither. It Just struck me as a tad absurd that you first take issue with the mileage and age of her vehicle and then say she should just get a job. It seems she has some mental health issues so I question her employability. I do agree that she should not get carte blanche to impede pedestrian traffic into the court house.

OKCRT
09-07-2018, 01:39 PM
And this puts the county in a pickle. Any rules they adopt now, it will be argued were done not as neutral and uniformly applicable rules to restrict the time, place, and manner of political speech, but adopted as a direct result of this individual's actions. The government can adopt reasonable time, place and manner restrictions, but it can't adopt rules targeted at one individual.

When I got to the courthouse this morning about 10 til 9, all of her signs were out and blocking access to all of the covered walkway, forcing everyone to get rained on. No doubt this protest is a nuisance. I'll visit with some folks at the courthouse about this.

Edit to add:

I did visit with a deputy about this. The county's zone of control begins at the doorway. The city is technically supposed to police the sidewalk according to the unwritten rules. Also, the sheriff doesn't really have the ability to enforce the municipal ordinances, i.e., obstructing traffic, having an unlicensed assembly, which would be more applicable to the situation. No one is doing anything without the commissioners acting and the commissioners probably won't act until after the November election if she hangs around that long. The city could act, but they won't. She does not store the signs there, she just gets there early every day and packs things up at the end of the day.

What a life. At least she's committed to the cause. I wonder if someone tripped over one of her signs and fell and hurt their shoulder or something who would be responsible? The City?

OKCbyTRANSFER
09-07-2018, 08:07 PM
The news channels have stories on scooters blocking the sidewalk (as mentioned in another thread) but her signs blocking pedestrians is ok. Let's add some sandbags and orange cones too

billokc
09-08-2018, 06:40 AM
Would love to watch the fallout of this if.....

Suppose late one night some anonymous person(s) with an unmarked truck of appropriate size and covered tag would load up everyone of her items--signs, desk, etc., and haul it away so that when morning came around, there would be no indication she was ever there to begin with.

Probably lots of finger pointing and name calling to start with.

BBatesokc
09-08-2018, 06:53 AM
When she originally setup she was well into the sidewalk - actually, her preference was closer to the street. At that point her protest was much smaller and she was getting push back from the city. Somewhere along the way she learned if she moved closer to the overhang of the building then she was most likely technically on county maintained property and thus the city police would leave her alone.

Also, while she does often pick up her signs at the end of the day (I usually see her do that between 7:30pm and 10pm and she sets up around 6am or earlier) - that is not always the case. There have been several days where I know for a fact she left her signs in place overnight and unattended. She has even unsuccessfully complained to deputies because other's took that opportunity to vandalize some of her signs.

This protest has been brought up to DA Prater (not that he could miss it, he passes it every morning) and he refused to get involved - stating it's a free speech issue he doesn't want to get in the middle of. Additionally, the sheriff has made similar comments. That said, conveniently enough, neither individual's name appears on any of the signs. Perhaps if it was, they would take a different tone. I remember when I protested outside the courthouse and then DA Wes Lane dismissed an entire jury pool of hundreds of people claiming my protest was tantamount to 'jury tampering.' That nonsense stance was however shot down.

As a side note; Ms. Doyle is also getting her information and encouragement from a handful of local attorneys who feed her courthouse gossip regarding some of the elected judges - she in turn regurgitates that information on her signs.

OKCRT
09-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Does she have a tip jar or bucket?

BBatesokc
09-24-2018, 02:49 PM
I personally think she's approaching hate speech with her most recent signs.

I also think is embarrassingly obvious that candidate for Oklahoma County Judge Chris Sloan is egging her on and providing her with information and 'dirt' on judges.

Kathy Doyle's latest sign....

And what do you know, a pro-Sloan poster right next to the one bashing Mai.

If he is feeding her information to better his candidacy and not reporting it, then an ethics complaint is in order. If Kathy is getting information from others to further an overt attempt to impact an election then she needs to form a PAC and do the proper filings. I knew Sloan was acting like a bitter child over this race, but I never thought he'd stoop to this. If he's not involved, then I'd be down there asking her to not display support for him. Mai needs to call Sloan out to either support or not support the message Kathy is putting out there.

*Don't know why the thumbnails are sideways in the post, but they appear to rotate properly if you click them.

OKCretro
09-24-2018, 03:12 PM
what is weird is I was there last thursday morning and didnt see her signs up.

BBatesokc
09-24-2018, 03:14 PM
what is weird is I was there last thursday morning and didnt see her signs up.

She disappeared for a few days after a homeless guy threatened her and vandalized a couple of her signs around 6am one morning.

BBatesokc
09-25-2018, 05:43 AM
Some additional evidence Chris Sloan is either working in concert with Kathy Doyle or greatly influencing her rhetoric....

Weeks ago Doyle was wearing a Chris Sloan for judge t-shirt. It's a pretty safe bet she only got that directly from Sloan.....

Then, this photo was taken very recently.... It shows Sloan and Doyle leaving the courthouse property together...

Sloan has gotten the message that some people are upset about Doyle's latest signs and their association with his running for judge. He claims (at least privately for now) he is not in support of them.

BBatesokc
09-25-2018, 05:57 AM
Never could figure out why the photos uploaded sideways. The were straightening back out when you clicked on them, but then even that stopped working. I re-saved them again and cropped them slightly and now they seem to post fine..... Here they are again....

BridgeBurner
09-25-2018, 08:27 AM
Yikes

Thomas Vu
09-25-2018, 12:37 PM
Keep up the awesome work, Bates!

BBatesokc
09-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Chris Sloan has told me personally that he's not involved in this, didn't have Doyle put the signs up and doesn't approve them.

I call BS.

This morning Doyle continued her attack on Mai with the following signs. Amazingly she knows all the details of the allegations Sloan has made against Mai - allegations he LOST when he formally presented them! Yes, he still claims he's not feeding her info. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Chris Sloan personally, this is not a temperament and character we need wearing a robe as judge....

TheTravellers
09-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Can Mai file a complaint with somebody and get this clown (Doyle and/or Sloan) to stop the stupidity? Or does she know what's going on and is going to let Sloan dig his own grave (not smart, considering how many people probably would side with Doyle/Sloan)? This is embarrassing.

YeahIKnow
09-25-2018, 01:10 PM
UGH!!! What a racist POS! And, before the poindexters come at me saying, "racist where?", she had to preface both Mai and Truong names with Asian? And, "Japs"? Really?

BBatesokc
09-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Also, in support of the idea that Chris Sloan is behind this racist attack on Mai; for months Doyle has lined the entire west side of the courthouse with dozens of signs ranting about this and that. However, the moment Sloan returns from his extended overseas vacation and the pro-Sloan signs are created by Doyle, she conveniently has removed all her other signs so that foot traffic only reads the pro-Sloan, anti-Asian signs. I firmly believe Sloan has asked or paid for her to have a solitary message that he thinks benefits him. Can you imagine this mindset as a judge?

HangryHippo
09-25-2018, 03:47 PM
That's f**king ridiculous. What an embarrassment.

BBatesokc
09-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Chris Sloan has posted an official response, on his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/chrissloanfordistrictjudge/), to Kathy Doyle's sign's that make racial attacks on his opponent....

This was my response and I stand behind it 100%....

TheTravellers
09-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Chris Sloan has posted an official response, on his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/chrissloanfordistrictjudge/), to Kathy Doyle's sign's that make racial attacks on his opponent....

:Smiley199 Now that it's so out in the open, hopefully somebody in a position to do something about this will do something.

YeahIKnow
09-25-2018, 07:31 PM
This was my response and I stand behind it 100%....

Yes! Hold them accountable.

BBatesokc
09-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Well the Coward Candidate for judge, Chris Sloan, deleted my comment above and made it where I cannot comment on his page.

FOLKS, THIS SAYS A LOT ABOUT THIS INDIVIDUAL.

Thomas Vu
09-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Hopefully somebody on social media screen capped it.

Midtowner
09-25-2018, 09:22 PM
I went to law school with Natalie Mai. I don't know her at all though. I can't say I know much about her. Looking at her on OSCN, it strikes me that she's probably never tried a jury trial except the one she tried with Scott Adams, linked below. It also strikes me that in the one criminal trial I randomly looked at, she was appearing alongside Scott Adams who is a major client of Brian Bates. Brian, has Adams put you up to running an oppositional campaign against Sloan to support a friend of his? Are you just doing this as a favor?

http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=CF-2016-6318&cmid=3430494

I don't know Sloan either, but everyone I know (many, many lawyers) who knows him enthusiastically supports him. I'm just not connecting those dots Brian. I also think you have a strong reason to be biased here which you didn't reveal at the outset, which I find equally disturbing.

hoya
09-25-2018, 09:46 PM
I’ve known Chris for the better part of a decade. He’s an honest man and isn’t behind any of this.

Midtowner
09-25-2018, 10:27 PM
I’ve known Chris for the better part of a decade. He’s an honest man and isn’t behind any of this.

That's what I've heard. I also understand he has infinitely more trial experience than Mai. From what I can tell, Mai does a bit of family law, has done one murder trial with Scott Adams, in her family law cases, she rarely, if ever, goes to trial. That said, she did have a reputation as good people in law school and probably wouldn't be bad. Sloan, I think, of the two is probably the better choice.

BBatesokc
09-26-2018, 05:58 AM
I went to law school with Natalie Mai. I don't know her at all though. I can't say I know much about her. Looking at her on OSCN, it strikes me that she's probably never tried a jury trial except the one she tried with Scott Adams, linked below. It also strikes me that in the one criminal trial I randomly looked at, she was appearing alongside Scott Adams who is a major client of Brian Bates. Brian, has Adams put you up to running an oppositional campaign against Sloan to support a friend of his? Are you just doing this as a favor?

http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=CF-2016-6318&cmid=3430494

I don't know Sloan either, but everyone I know (many, many lawyers) who knows him enthusiastically supports him. I'm just not connecting those dots Brian. I also think you have a strong reason to be biased here which you didn't reveal at the outset, which I find equally disturbing.

Well, Midtowner, I can see where you might make that assumption, but it would be incorrect. You obviously do not know Scott very well. He prefers not to get in the middle of these things. He has even less interest in what I do. In fact, he often comments that my "antics" cause him grief; from badmouthing the DA and members of his office, to my very public stance on the Holtzclaw case, to posting his client's prostitution arrests on my activism website. He tells people he has zero influence or control over my actions. I believe Scott sits in some capacity on Mai's campaign, but that's all I know. Scott knows lots of people and gets roped into contributing to lots of campaigns.

I actually consider myself equally friends with both Chris and Natalie. Until yesterday both were friends on my personal Facebook page (which I intentionally keep at about no more than about 200). When Chris asked me early on to possibly do some PI work for him and his campaign I respectfully told him I had a conflict because Mai does work for Scott's office some and that I know her husband (didn't really know Mai at that time). I told him that I'd have to conflict out if Mai's campaign asked me to do PI work for them because I considered him a friend. I also told Mai that I knew and was friends with Sloan and that she might see me talking to him at the court house - because we've always stopped and talked courthouse gossip every time we see each other. I have nothing bad to say about Sloan personally. As many people will point out, he's always smiling and comes across as a very friendly guy. I told Sloan that my opinion was solely based on what temperament I thought was best for the position he sought. I also told him it was not limited to just the evidence I had of any collusion with Kathy Doyle. I also took issue with the formal complaints he filed against Mai and that each was ruled in her favor. I think the voting public may agree, as he only received 27% of the vote to her 45%.

I took zero stance in the primary election and didn't even vote for either Sloan or Mai. I also have never spoken about Sloan or Mai's aspirations to be a judge on this forum or anywhere else. I know and like both of them and simply didn't know enough either way to have an educated opinion. I even contacted Sloan privately and told him I was disappointed in his apparent association with Kathy Doyle. As I posted, he denied any association. I personally think the evidence to the contrary is pretty solid.

Furthermore, this thread on Kathy Doyle and her ongoing protest was created, by me, before Sloan or Mai had ever even been mentioned by Kathy Doyle. I simply took issue with Doyle's approach to protesting and I think this latest stunt is further evidence she is a nut and the city or county need to do something.

Midtowner, I find it amazing you seem to have such suspicious opinions about my motives to be offended by Doyle's signage and evidence Sloan is now influencing her, yet you make not a single statement about the content of those signs at all. Why in the world would I need to reveal any bias, when my bias here is simply against racial attacks and the apparent collusion of Sloan in those attacks (which I backed up with evidence). Had the signs been attacking Sloan and any private aspect of his life, I'd be just as outraged.

Probably any further discussion about the Office 5 judicial race should be had on it's own thread. And, for the record, yes, I would say I do support Mai for Judge.

Feel free to disregard any evidence that Sloan is influencing Kathy Doyle's protest and racial hatred - that doesn't change the purpose of this thread - to highlight the ongoing protest by Kathy Doyle and her now racial attacks upon others.

jccouger
09-26-2018, 07:49 AM
I find it very hard to believe somebody running for any type of position would be able to find any positive outcome from aligning themselves with somebody who is clearly seen as unstable.

I'm a Mai supporter but this is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as your constant support for the serial rapist ex-cop.