View Full Version : keto

TheSteveHunt
08-31-2018, 06:16 AM
Who else has had success on this great diet? I got on it about 5 yrs ago. Twenty-five years on depakote for seizures and it CURED me. Unquestionably... off meds for five years and feeling better than ever. Extreme mental clarity, down from 200 to 175lbs... really amazing.

I met with my neurologist from when I was young (Jeannanne King, OU Med) to discuss why she never tried it on me yrs ago, and also, what I can do to help others....interested in possibly getting with someone at the VA to get people who have served and had brain trauma to get on this amazing diet.... She had some ideas, but regarding alternative treatments, basically echo chamber stuff initiated by big pharma....

I just wish I was into it back when Cornett was trying to get people to lose weight by eating at Taco Bell!!!

Roger S
08-31-2018, 07:15 AM
I've been off and on low carb diets since the 80's and have seen a lot of success on them.

Restarted keto in April and have lost 46 lbs and dropped my HBa1c from 7.1 to 5.9.

Only other bloodwork number I had out of range was my HDL was low and it is now in the normal range..... LDL ticked up a couple of points but is still in the middle of what's considered normal.

I also have a friend that has lost over 100 lbs in a little over a year.

Jeepnokc
08-31-2018, 07:20 AM
I've been off and on low carb diets since the 80's and have seen a lot of success on them.

Restarted keto in April and have lost 46 lbs and dropped my HBa1c from 7.1 to 5.9.

Only other bloodwork number I had out of range was my HDL was low and it is now in the normal range..... LDL ticked up a couple of points but is still in the middle of what's considered normal.

I also have a friend that has lost over 100 lbs in a little over a year.

My wife dropped 101 pounds over last year with Keto and trainer. She is now back at her wedding weight. I on the other hand can't say that but have dropped 20.

HangryHippo
08-31-2018, 07:25 AM
What kind of loose skin issues, if any, are you guys having with such quick weight loss?

Roger S
08-31-2018, 07:27 AM
My wife dropped 101 pounds over last year with Keto and trainer. She is now back at her wedding weight. I on the other hand can't say that but have dropped 20.

I've lost weight on just about every diet out there but being the carnivore I am.... Keto and other low carb options have always worked the best for me.

The lowest I got was 250, between marriages, which is less than I weighed in Jr High.

My friend that lost over 100 did it without doing any exercise... He did reduce his calorie intake significantly and used intermittent fasting.

TheSteveHunt
08-31-2018, 07:54 AM
I didn't get on it for weight loss... but looking back at my 200lib pictures, and looking at myself now...I sure am glad to be down to 175. I think it is
important to understand the unreal neurological benefits of this diet, not just weight loss... many psychological journals are discussing how not only
is this great for epilepsy, but probably the **BEST** treatment for schizophrenia
and possibly even bi-polar disorders

Roger S
08-31-2018, 08:19 AM
It really does benefit the body in a lot of ways and makes me question our modern diet even more.

I suffered from insomnia for years and within weeks of being back on keto I settled into a more normal sleep pattern.

PaddyShack
08-31-2018, 08:21 AM
Is Keto the low-carb/ high protein/fat diet?

Roger S
08-31-2018, 08:24 AM
Is Keto the low-carb/ high protein/fat diet?

High Fat / Moderate Protein / Low Carb

There is another version called KetoGains that flips the protein and fats on the keto food pyramid but I follow the original keto food pyramid.

hoya
08-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Started keto in March, was on it til the end of June. Lost almost 40 lbs. I’ve been off and on it since then, keeping off what I lost.

TheSteveHunt
08-31-2018, 11:36 AM
Best keto party ever was last trip to vegas I hit up Wicked Spoon at Cosmo, man it was fabulous.