View Full Version : Missing absentee ballots?

old okie
07-17-2018, 05:25 PM
This is a puzzling situation. Several people I know in Cleveland County who applied for absentee ballots for the run-off election received their packets--but the actual ballots were missing! They called the CC Election Board and were told to file a written request to get another ballot. At least 21 such cases have surfaced. No one wants to go to the media for an investigation because they are either elderly or in poor health and/or are afraid to be interviewed. I am not involved; however, several of them keep asking me what to do. It sounds concerning and somewhat potentially serious, as the election may be close for some offices. No telling how many others (and possibly in other counties) have experienced the same problem.

My question to the OKC Talk community is: any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Scott5114
07-18-2018, 02:06 AM
If any of them are able to make it to the polling place on election day, they can go there and sign an affidavit stating they will not be voting absentee and be given a ballot. It sounds like many of them may have circumstances that preclude this, however.

stile99
07-18-2018, 03:30 AM
I will not accept that out of 21 cases, not one person will give an interview. Not one in 21. They keep asking what to do, you tell them what to do, but they won't do that? Then there's not much help for them.

BobbyV
07-18-2018, 06:58 AM
I'd hope they'd want to get the situation corrected and at least one of them go to the media over it . . . I'm sure they would do it if they had lost money over some situation where they were duped or ripped off.

old okie
07-18-2018, 08:44 AM
You are spot on about the frustration I feel about no one wanting to talk to the media. I became very "insistent" to one friend, and she is making the calls to various news sources and to candidates' offices. 'Bout time! I will pass on your recommendation to go to the media. It will reinforce her choice.

Yes, hard to believe out of that many, no one is willing to be outspoken. I do not know 18 of the 21, but the 3 I do know aren't the bold type. However, my "insistence" has caused one of them to move forward. Hopefully, we'll see/hear something about it through the media.