View Full Version : Blazers Really Coming Back?

Bill Robertson
07-13-2018, 01:15 PM
http://okcblazershockey.com/ Has anybody else heard of this? Could it be for real or just another tease or pipe dream?

jedicurt
07-13-2018, 01:20 PM
the C1hl was the junior league that just was created and destroyed in a matter of a few months..

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-with-c1hl-officially-dead-the-usachl-is-launched/

So this is about the Junior team that has had the blazers name for the past few years

their old league died, they were going to go into a new league, and it has now died

Jersey Boss
07-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Garbage. If you like this level of play support real amatures. Support either the OU or UCO club teams.

ericrsports
07-16-2018, 06:00 PM
Hey all, just wanted to provide some clarity, because it has been a confusing offseason with the teams.

I guess I'll start with last offseason, when Tyler Fleck sold the Western States Hockey League (Tier-2) team to Gary Gill. Fleck's goal was to bring the C1HL team this season, and both teams would remain operating. Unfortunately, the C1HL never got off the ground with other teams unable to get going, and the C1HL was dropped. Some involved with the C1HL instead moved to create the USACHL, which has announced teams in former Texas CHL and NAHL locations (Laredo, Rio Grande Valley, and Wichita Falls so far), and they hope to begin play this season.

Which brings us to this season, where the WSHL Blazers are still playing out of the Blazers Ice Centre, and will be in their 5th season. Waiting on the schedule right now, but tentative start date is the beginning of October.

To Jersey Boss's point, these are still "real" amateurs. A lot of guys playing for OU and UCO have played in the same WSHL that the Blazers are in now. Just a stepping stone on their way to college. Any Oklahoma hockey support is good in any regard.

jedicurt
07-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Hey all, just wanted to provide some clarity, because it has been a confusing offseason with the teams.

I guess I'll start with last offseason, when Tyler Fleck sold the Western States Hockey League (Tier-2) team to Gary Gill. Fleck's goal was to bring the C1HL team this season, and both teams would remain operating. Unfortunately, the C1HL never got off the ground with other teams unable to get going, and the C1HL was dropped. Some involved with the C1HL instead moved to create the USACHL, which has announced teams in former Texas CHL and NAHL locations (Laredo, Rio Grande Valley, and Wichita Falls so far), and they hope to begin play this season.

Which brings us to this season, where the WSHL Blazers are still playing out of the Blazers Ice Centre, and will be in their 5th season. Waiting on the schedule right now, but tentative start date is the beginning of October.

To Jersey Boss's point, these are still "real" amateurs. A lot of guys playing for OU and UCO have played in the same WSHL that the Blazers are in now. Just a stepping stone on their way to college. Any Oklahoma hockey support is good in any regard.

Thanks Eric for the info. I didn't know all of the details. only the highlights. good knowing you still keep your finger to the pulse of these things!