View Full Version : Campaign Signs

rezman
06-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Well, it’s been a few days since the polls have closed and all around town our road sides are trashed with campaign signs, as it is with every election cycle. It’s time for all the campaign workers, along with the candidates themselves, to get out there with the same enthusiasm that they had before the elections, and pick up all their litter.

It should be made mandatory that candidates clean up after themselves within a set time frame after the polls close, or face stiff fines.

Buffalo Bill
06-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Well, it’s been a few days since the polls have closed and all around town our road sides are trashed with campaign signs, as it is with every election cycle. It’s time for all the campaign workers, along with the candidates themselves, to get out there with the same enthusiasm that they had before the elections, and pick up all their litter.

It should be made mandatory that candidates clean up after themselves within a set time frame after the polls close, or face stiff fines.

OKC needs to follow Tulsa's lead with their litter on a stick ordinance. Far fewer signs that I noticed up there 2 weeks ago. It would also cut down on the gun show at the fairgrounds, I buy houses, we put up Christmas lights signs you see all over here.

ABryant
06-30-2018, 11:06 PM
At a moment of weakness I saw a guy putting up a we buy houses sign. I honked and flipped him off. I yelled that he was breaking the law. I expressed my opinion, but think my behavior was inappropriate.

Bunty
06-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Some of the signs are still up for candidates in runoffs.

stile99
07-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Proving what a loser Todd Lamb is, his trash is still littering Mustang.

Come on, pal. Like we don't have enough firework trash, we need yours too? For the most part everyone else got off their butts the following day.

OKCbyTRANSFER
07-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Totally agree, wish the city could do something to the folks who are cronic polluters, it looks bad all over the place

Isaac C. Parker
07-01-2018, 03:43 PM
OKC needs to follow Tulsa's lead with their litter on a stick ordinance. Far fewer signs that I noticed up there 2 weeks ago. It would also cut down on the gun show at the fairgrounds, I buy houses, we put up Christmas lights signs you see all over here.

"$100 for divorce w/ no kids"

stile99
07-01-2018, 04:03 PM
I don't know about the ones on a stick but I'm pretty confident that the ones on utility poles are illegal. Considering they have the suspect's phone number on them, I really can't understand why doing something about it is so difficult. If there's a fine involved, I think OKC would get the majority of their yearly budget by going after the chimney cleaning/honey for sale/paint your house/christmas lights up/christmas lights down signs, all with the same number on them, just from cruising up Clear Springs and back down Czech Hall. Not against someone making a buck, clearly he's an entrepreneur, but does he really think I'm going to hire someone with such casual disregard for the law?

HangryHippo
07-02-2018, 06:24 AM
At a moment of weakness I saw a guy putting up a we buy houses sign. I honked and flipped him off. I yelled that he was breaking the law. I expressed my opinion, but think my behavior was inappropriate.
You've got my vote. lol

ditm4567
07-02-2018, 08:20 AM
"A few years back at Sean Cummings Pub We led a clean up the political signs movement. And it was really, really successful. We are willing to do it again over the next three days. To help clean up our city if you would like to pick up discarded and or illegal political signs. Then bring them to the Pub Between 3 o’clock and 6 o’clock in the afternoon. We will do our absolute best to get them back to the politicians. I will give you a nickel worth of credit for food to Sean Cummings. . How about let’s clean up Our City. Nobody hates abandoned signs more than me. Please share this message so we can get the word out."

Sean Cummings posted this on Facebook the other day. Pick up some signs, work up a sweat, then take them in and grab a beer.