View Full Version : Hampton Inn

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Pete
06-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I didn't realize this hotel was going to have window HVAC units...

That's disappointing. Hopefully it will look okay when finished.

CuatrodeMayo
06-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Nearly all new hotels have those. I suppose it is a necessary evil.

Doug Loudenback
06-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Here are a couple of pics I took yesterday:

Larger: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_8_08_1.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_8_08_1s.jpg

Larger: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_8_08_2.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_8_08_2s.jpg

David Pollard
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Lookin good! Both pics look much more urban than I expected. I think this building will create a new concentration of urban feeling in OKC, simply by its presence. Now all we need are about 20 more of this size of building in Bricktown, and we have a REAL district! : )

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
06-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I drove by DT yesterday an tried to see how much is done, and what I saw was more bricking on the east side of the building and I believe more of that grey stuff on the south side.

Doug Loudenback
06-21-2008, 02:33 PM
When taking some pics of "The Hill" today (6/21/08), posted in another thread, I took another of the Hampton Inn to compare it with the one I posted on 6/8 ... hard to see much "external" progress (note the difference on the center top area which I presume will contain the hotel signage) but I assume that internal progress is being made ...

June 8, 2008
Larger:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_8_08_1.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_8_08_1s.jpg

June 21, 2008
Larger:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_21_08.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/hotels/hamptoninn_6_21_08s.jpg

sroberts24
06-23-2008, 06:24 AM
great to see this coming together, very solid addition to bricktown

BFizzy
06-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Does anybody know what happened to the lighted glass tower feature vs. one more floor of brick? I just re-read this whole thread and it doesn't seem like there was ever a definitive answer on what happened. It appears that there isn't going to be a lighted glass tower, but there is still 2 floors of EIFS.

sroberts24
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
anybody know if they are goin to put a diner on th ground floor? that would be awesome! and good for there, something other than ihop for late night eating

jbrown84
09-23-2008, 11:21 AM
The wing of the L that fronts the road sure looks like a restaurant space. I've been wondering the same.

Pete
09-23-2008, 12:01 PM
According to the hotel's website, it sure doesn't look like there will be any sort of food service other than a continental breakfast for guests:

Oklahoma City - Bricktown Hotel Dining & Restaurants, Oklahoma - OK - Hampton Inn & Suites (http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/dining.jhtml;jsessionid=SCOLRV4R3YZT4CSGBJNMVCQ?ct yhocn=OKCBTHX)

Also says they will be opening 1/28/09.

sroberts24
09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
damn i wish they would, it would be great... my favorite diner is in New York City, its at the bottom of the New Yorker hotel across from Madison Square Garden, the diner is called the Tick Tock diner... its awesome, maybe its because i always visit it around 2 am and all food is good while in that state of mind, but it would be a great fit for this locationa and add density!

HOT ROD
09-24-2008, 03:31 AM
I Love This from the Hampton website:

Local Businesses and Corporations (http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/localguide_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=OKCBTHX&category=business)

metro
09-24-2008, 08:03 AM
It doesn't say they are opening Jan. 2009, just says they are taking reservations for then and beyond. I know some of the other downtown hotels opened up but didn't take online reservations for several months. I hope this is the case with this hotel as well, open up before Jan. 2009, but won't be fully operational and all the kinks out until Jan. 2009.

It also says Chop Suey is nearby, call me crazy, but I don't know of any nearby places serving it up or any nearby Chinese restaurants for that matter.

Architect2010
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Ummm. They make it seem it'll open then. It says they're taking reservations FOR arrival January 28th. Sounds like its gonna open then.

Its confusing. I really don't care. :P Any recent pictures on this?

jbrown84
09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
SBC and Kerr-McGee??

OKCisOK4me
09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I Love This from the Hampton website:

Local Businesses and Corporations (http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/localguide_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=OKCBTHX&category=business)

Chesapeake 10 miles to the south. Wow. That's bigtime. Not to mention that they virtually have it sounding like this Hampton is to the west of downtown. Obviously they've been eating at Sonic headquarters as they know where it is truly located!

wsucougz
09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Chesapeake 10 miles to the south. Wow. That's bigtime. Not to mention that they virtually have it sounding like this Hampton is to the west of downtown. Obviously they've been eating at Sonic headquarters as they know where it is truly located!

Chesapeake is 4.9 miles to the North, according to Google Maps. They were only 15 miles off.

OKCisOK4me
09-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Chesapeake is 4.9 miles to the North, according to Google Maps. They were only 15 miles off.

Yeah, Nichols Hills Plaza is exactly 5 miles away from downtown. My stepmom has a shop there and it was close enough for the door to blow open in April of '95.

okc54
09-25-2008, 08:08 AM

jbrown84
09-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Somebody's watching.

But they still have the directions wrong.

HOT ROD
09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
guys, I was thinking less so of the accuracy of the directions and moreso from the pictures and the 'long' list of local companies. It's impressive.

Most Hampton Inns use the generic *yet still impressive pictures of downtown Chicago; we used our own. Now, we just need the other Hampton and Hilton branded hotels in the city to use similar pics and industry lists (showing OKC skyline/buildings).

I bet most people not familiar with OKC's skyline would be impressed with those pics and probably think the 2nd was in New York or Chicago (nope, it's OKC!).

metro
01-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Bricktown's Hampton Inn working to beat the buzzer
Opening soon Hotel fully booked for Big 12 basketball tournament
BY STEVE LACKMEYER
Published: January 9, 2009

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/533239/lead620/
Construction continues on the 200-room Bricktown Hampton Inn at 300 E Sheridan. When the Hampton Inn opens later this year, the nine-story building will be the tallest in the entertainment district and will be its second hotel. Photo by Steve Lackmeyer, The Oklahoman

Developers of Bricktown’s Hampton Inn say the hotel will open next month and already is fully booked for the arrival of the Big 12 basketball tournament in March.

Construction has taken longer than first expected, with the opening originally scheduled for mid-2007. But Jonathan Pitman, whose family developed the hotel along with Raymond Management, said he has no worries about meeting the upcoming deadline.

"We’re about 85 percent complete,” Pitman said. "Right now, we’re working top to bottom. Floors six through eight have furniture ... we’re moving furniture into floors five, four and three, and on the second and first floors we’re doing carpeting and walls.”

Pitman said the housekeeping staff will begin work next week, installing shower curtains in completed rooms, doing set-up and then locking the rooms for the first guests.

"It’s exciting,” Pitman said. "We went a month ago, checked it out, and then went in again two days ago and it’s looking great. The quality is going to be there. Raymond Management, which owns the hotel, has a very specific quality that they go for.”

Pitman said the group is shooting to win the Hampton Inn opening-of-the-year award for the $25 million hotel.

Parking changes
With the opening of the hotel, Bricktown visitors also can expect changes with the adjoining garage owned by Pitman and his father, Marsh Pitman.
Pitman said an elevator will be built between the garage and hotel that will only be accessible to guests with room cards.

The garage will have fewer spaces available for public parking — something Pitman welcomes in light of free parking in nearby Lower Bricktown that has drawn away customers.

Pitman said one of the garage entrances may also be reserved for hotel guests.

Pitman and Bricktown Association Director Jim Cowan say they hope the hotel will spur restaurant and shop openings across the street — a stretch that has traditionally been leased to nightclubs.

"By bringing more rooms, there will be more foot traffic into the district,” Cowan said. "And the fact it doesn’t have a restaurant means the people staying there will use Bricktown restaurants for their food and beverage. I think it will have an unbelievable impact on Crabtown across the street.”

warreng88
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Drove down I-40 the other night and saw the lights were on on the outside of the building. Is the hotel open yet?

SOONER8693
01-27-2009, 03:03 AM
I saw it one night last week. I really like the up-lighting on the top two floors. I thought it looked real good.

PLANSIT
01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
^ I agree, the lighting almost makes up for the crappy stucco.

BDP
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I agree, the lighting almost makes up for the crappy stucco.

But probably not for the tower feature they took out.

William1
02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
[URL="http://stayonthehouse.com"]http://stayonthehouse.com[/URL

www.stayonthehouse.com

warreng88
02-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Bricktown Hampton Inn opens reservation books
BY STEVE LACKMEYER
Published: February 21, 2009

For years, people have sought hotel rooms in Bricktown only to find themselves in the much newer Lower Bricktown or miles away from the entertainment district.

That predicament is over after the opening Friday of the Bricktown Hampton Inn, 300 E Sheridan. The 150-room hotel already was booking room reservations Friday afternoon and managers are looking at a full house throughout much of March.

"The first big run and rush will be with the American Choral Directors Association,” said Ryan Slater, director of sales. "We’re looking pretty fully committed for the whole week of the convention. The Big 12 will keep us busy, as will Pre-Paid Legal Services convention. March is looking strong, as is the entire year.”

Ready for spring

More than three years have passed since the $25 million, 150-room hotel was announced by Bricktown developer Marsh Pitman and Wisconsin-based Raymond Management. General Manager Cy Perkins said he wanted the hotel opened before March to ensure it is ready for a busy spring season. He said the downtown hotel market appears to be doing well weathering bad economic times.

"Even though there is doom and gloom in the economy, everything we’ve seen indicates everything is positive in Oklahoma City and Bricktown,” Perkins said. "We’re looking at a good year.”

http://newsok.com/bricktown-hampton-inn-opens-reservation-books/article/3347584?custom_click=lead_story_photo

CCOKC
02-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I drove by there last night and the placed looked like it was hoppin'. Wasn't sure if it was open or they were just getting ready to open but I guess that article answered my question.

okclee
02-21-2009, 11:23 AM
This is the best thing to come to Bricktown in years.

I like it because it is in the heart of Bricktown and it fits perfectly into a small spot along Sheridan. Not like the Residence Inn that looks like it should be out on Memorial.

Looking forward to the Hampton adding even more life to the east end of Bricktown.

warreng88
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I wonder how long until the closed clubs around there reopen. It seems like the only open thing along that area on the north side of the street is Crabtown and maybe a couple of other small places.

okclee
02-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I wonder how long until we see some type of national chain restaurant take the place of one of the clubs along Sheridan near the Hampton. I could see a Chili's or Applebees go into one of the open spots on the east end of Sheridan.

jbrown84
02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I wonder how long until we see some type of national chain restaurant take the place of one of the clubs along Sheridan near the Hampton. I could see a Chili's or Applebees go into one of the open spots on the east end of Sheridan.

Good point. Or it could be a retail strip. I know that's hard for you to imagine. :wink:

GWB
02-21-2009, 06:16 PM

Or, how about Ruby Tuesdays? That's something we don't have now and I think they'd do good here. Love their burgers and salad bar.

onthestrip
02-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I guess it is a good addition to bricktown, but I think they made a mistake by not having balconies on the side facing the ballpark.

kevinpate
02-22-2009, 06:52 AM
I suspect it was decided it would be far more economical in the long run to work out game and room package pricing than to engineer in and maintain balconies. But yeah, were I king for a day, there'd be at least one suite with a big arse balcony.

metro
02-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Maybe one day in the near future they will get smart and decide to remodel a few suites on the top floor to have balconies.

warreng88
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe one day in the near future they will get smart and decide to remodel a few suites on the top floor to have balconies.

It would have been cool if they put a small restaurant at the top of it, adding a large balcony looking out over the ballpark. Another idea, if you have ever been to the Marriott in Tulsa at Southern Hills, have a Concierge Lounge on the top floor or at least half of it.

metro
02-23-2009, 10:37 AM
It would have been cool if they put a small restaurant at the top of it, adding a large balcony looking out over the ballpark. Another idea, if you have ever been to the Marriott in Tulsa at Southern Hills, have a Concierge Lounge on the top floor or at least half of it.

Excellent ideas!:bright_id

Centerback
02-23-2009, 11:38 AM
or you could walk to Coach's...

BDP
02-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I could see a Chili's or Applebees go into one of the open spots on the east end of Sheridan.

Ouch!

I think the concept for this hotel was little to no services, so as to get people on the street, but hopefully we get something more than the same old chain food out of it.

warreng88
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
or you could walk to Coach's...

I guess you could. Then you could pay $30 to sit on the balcony during a baseball game.... Then pay for food.

progressiveboy
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Or, how about Ruby Tuesdays? That's something we don't have now and I think they'd do good here. Love their burgers and salad bar. Actually, I heard and saw that Ruby Tuesdays is having financial problems and they have closed several locations nationwide. If I am not mistaken, it stated they have closed either 24 or 42 locations nationwide? but do not remember the actual count. They have closed some of them here in the DFW area.

kevinpate
02-24-2009, 05:07 AM
While I hate being right (summer 08 was overly optimistic on their part), I'm glad it's now opening. having a lower price point option in BT should improve traffic, including family traffic, year round. That can't be a bad thing.

BDP
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I guess you could. Then you could pay $30 to sit on the balcony during a baseball game.... Then pay for food.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what we want.

jbrown84
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
I could be wrong, but I think it's pretty rare to see new hotels built with balconies (or fully opening windows) because of the liability issue. Even without the liability, no hotel wants to deal with the negative publicity of someone throwing themself off your 8th floor balcony.

BG918
03-03-2009, 08:27 PM
This is the best thing to come to Bricktown in years.

I like it because it is in the heart of Bricktown and it fits perfectly into a small spot along Sheridan. Not like the Residence Inn that looks like it should be out on Memorial.

Looking forward to the Hampton adding even more life to the east end of Bricktown.

I like it too for this reason, it is actually urban and pedestrian-friendly. The fountain and large sidewalk-facing windows where you can see the indoor pool are nice touches. I don't understand why the Residence Inn and possibly Candlewood Suites were not held to the same standards.

metro
03-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm not convinced the pool was the best use of space. It also looks really weird at street level looking in. I think it would have been much more suited for a basement and then they could have had a restaurant/lounge/meeting facilities where the pool area is. I know there intent was to get people out and about in Bricktown to eat, etc. and I'm all for that, just looking into the pool (mainly targeted to kids) seems kinda creepy, especially probably for the guests.

CuatrodeMayo
03-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Very good point. Ground-floor retail/restaurant needs to be a part of ANY Bricktown/dowtown project.

jbrown84
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm not convinced the pool was the best use of space. It also looks really weird at street level looking in. I think it would have been much more suited for a basement and then they could have had a restaurant/lounge/meeting facilities where the pool area is. I know there intent was to get people out and about in Bricktown to eat, etc. and I'm all for that, just looking into the pool (mainly targeted to kids) seems kinda creepy, especially probably for the guests.

It's not really any different than the canalside pool at the RI.

CuatrodeMayo
03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Which was also a design tragedy.

okclee
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
The RI canal-side pool is 100 times worse then that of the HI indoor pool at street level.

PLANSIT
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
The RI canal-side pool is 100 times worse then that of the HI indoor pool at street level.

Agreed. The pool at street level is actually kind of interesting.

BG918
03-06-2009, 08:27 AM

I agree, however the RI pool if done right could have been really great. A multi-level pool with waterfalls and lots of landscaping could have been interesting.

metro
03-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Or they could have built a more urban looking building and had a rooftop pool.

Tex
04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
[URL="http://stayonthehouse.com"]http://stayonthehouse.com[/URL

www.stayonthehouse.com

Anyone get an email today saying they won a free night on the house. I DID!!! I totally forgot I entered the drawing. But i'm pretty excited about it. Here is what the email said.

"Congratulations! - You have been selected to stay “on the house” for our Grand Opening Event – Friday, April 17th!
Experience Hampton “On the House” Housewarming Event!

The Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown has gone from Hard Hats to Housewarming. On Friday, April 17th you will enjoy a free night away at the new Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown – find adventure in the heart of the city for you and your significant other or a chance to reconnect and play as a family. That’s not all you’ll enjoy a true Oklahoma cookout, complete with barbecue, beer, soda, and all the fixings, fun blues music and entertainment for the whole family.

SAVE THE DATE – Friday, April 17th 2009
Check in time – 3:00pm
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – 4:00pm- 4:30pm
Grand Opening Housewarming Celebration – 4:30pm-7:00pm
Stay Overnight for your – “On The House” Stay (register below)"

SWOKC 4 me
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
I also forgot I even entered, but after I saw your post I checked my email and I got the same email....

kevinpate
04-03-2009, 04:57 AM
If I received one, it died in a delete fest. I think i'll just pretend i didn't receive it rather than regret I may have tossed it.

metro
04-17-2009, 07:57 AM
The Journal Record - Article (http://www.journalrecord.com/article.cfm?recid=97812)

Hampton Inn hits home run with ballpark location
by Kelley Chambers
The Journal Record April 17, 2009

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Hampton Inn & Suites opened in Bricktown in February and was booked solid for several weeks.

http://www.journalrecord.com/_images/articles/t_labskc-hampton%2004-17-09.jpg
Ryan Slater, director of sales at Bricktown’s new Hampton Inn & Suites, in one of the hotel’s many rooms with a view of the ballpark. (Photo by Maike Sabolich)

The hotel opened in time to pick up business from the American Choral Directors Association convention, Big 12 basketball tournaments, Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. yearly convention, and spring break.Now hotel managers are catching their breath and working to define the hotel’s niche in the downtown hotel market.

“April and May will really be the test to see what kind off customer we’re going to get,” said Ryan Slater, the Hampton’s sales director. “And summer will be a big test.”
The nine-story, 200-room hotel at 300 E. Sheridan Ave. is the second to open in Bricktown. It is on the north side of the Bricktown Ballpark and attached to a parking garage.

Downtown has added several hotels over the past few years, from luxury and boutique to hotels catering to business travelers.

Slater said the Hampton is known as a place for business travelers, but the Bricktown branch is also positioned to attract families.

The pool area, called the Cool Pool, is a mini water park with slides, fountains, and plungers that shoot up jets of water.

Slater said on weekdays the hotel has had a stream of business travelers, but on weekends families have been checking in.

Jim Cowan, executive director of the Brickown Association, said the hotel fills an important niche in the district.

“As we grow as a district, being family-friendly is going to be important,” he said. “We continue to see that demographic come in on the weekends.”

The average room rate is also designed to give travelers a less expensive option downtown. The average rate is $109 per night and $119 for one of the 67 suites.
Slater said another draw for the hotel is its views.

About half the rooms offer a bird’s-eye view of the ballpark and many others offer views of the downtown skyline. Slater said the rooms with a ballpark view are the most popular but are not priced higher than other rooms.

“I don’t think there’s a bad view in the hotel,” Slater said.

A 95-room Holiday Inn Express is planned at 101 E. Main St. in Bricktown.
Cowan said he hopes the Holiday Inn comes to fruition, but even if it doesn’t, Bricktown has adequate rooms to meet demand. The other Bricktown hotel, a Courtyard by Marriott, has 225 rooms.

“We’re probably OK for right now, but as we continue to grow we will need some more hotel rooms in the next few years,” Cowan said.

Jeff Penner, executive director of the Greater OKC Hotel Association, said downtown offers a good variety and number of hotel rooms. Downtown and Bricktown combined have about 1,600 hotel rooms.

“The mix that is downtown presently is a very good mix,” he said. “And we’re at a very comfortable level right now.”

Cy Perkins, general manger of the Hampton, said he was pleased with the hotel’s performance so far. He also applauded his staff, which had only about 10 days to train and ready the hotel before it began filling up.

“We’ve just had a chance recently to catch our breath,” he said. “The good news is we know that we can take care of a full house.”