View Full Version : Louie’s Lakeside Shooting

Hollywood
05-24-2018, 07:24 PM
http://m.news9.com/Story.aspx?story=38274025&catId=112032

Prayers for the two victims, one of which is a juvenile. Great job by the armed citizen for putting the suspect down!!!

Zuplar
05-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Hoping for the best for the 2 victims.

Fantastic example of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun. It happens more than many think.

Dustin
05-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Luckily he stopped him in the parking lot where there weren't any people. Had the CCP citizen opened fire in the restaurant, this story might have ended differently. Today was a good day for good guys with a gun.

Steven Myers
05-24-2018, 08:37 PM
I'll be interested in finding out how the person who shot the perpetrator knew he was the bad guy. He was shot in the parking lot as he came out. Maybe the good guy heard the shots from outside and waited for him to come out? But there are about five ways to leave that building. Guess he got lucky. Wonder how many shots he took. Be awesome if he did it in one. Awesome either way really since he got him without any collateral damage. I wonder how the good guy feels right now. You'd think he'd be happy, but sometimes these things affect people in bad ways. Hope he's okay. Guess we may never know the motivation since the guy is dead. Why are people losing control? Seems like things are really unraveling in society right now. I hate this for the kids that see it all.

Hollywood
05-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Luckily he stopped him in the parking lot where there weren't any people. Had the CCP citizen opened fire in the restaurant, this story might have ended differently. Today was a good day for good guys with a gun.

It’s never a “good day” no matter the circumstances. Taking the life of another person sticks with you the rest of your life. Beginning the evening relaxed looking forward to a pleasant evening then having to defend yourself and others from a homicidal loon leaves it as a tragedy all the way around.

Why are people losing control? Seems like things are really unraveling in society right now. I hate this for the kids that see it all.

What we see now is the aftermath of so many changes and problems in society that’s a whole other discussion. In my 13 years on the streets things have changed drastically.

Zuplar
05-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Man I can’t imagine what the good samiritan feels like. I hope he knows he did the research guy thing. I know I’m that situation I’d have done the same thing, but I know I’d think about it all the time. Having to do that to another human being, even a bad one where it’s justified, has got to be one of the hardest things to do. It’s a sad deal but so very happy it didn’t end up like so many of these tragedies have.

pw405
05-24-2018, 09:08 PM
What we see now is the aftermath of so many changes and problems in society that’s a whole other discussion. In my 13 years on the streets things have changed drastically.

What do you mean by 13 years on the streets?

Violent crime rates are far less today than they were 30 years ago.

Hollywood
05-24-2018, 09:19 PM
What do you mean by 13 years on the streets?

Violent crime rates are far less today than they were 30 years ago.

It’s the mentality of those we are interacting with and are entering the justice system. There’s a generalized selfishness breeding a lack of respect for any other person they encounter. With a feeling of entitlement to do as they please, when they please, how they please. No one understands how to fail in life anymore and bounce back working harder (thank you participation trophy’s) so when there is a problem, it’s not handled very well. It’s all generalized and honestly way above any of my education but in general, we’ve sissified our populace through social experimentation and lack of self accountability and that’s why you are seeing the “craziness” in the world.

As for numbers... can only trust those as much as you trust the system and person compiling them.

jompster
05-24-2018, 10:25 PM
My mother and I had just sat down in Louie's to eat dinner for my birthday. Our drinks had just come out when the shooting began. It was all outside, not inside. Inside was just complete and absolute chaos.

jn1780
05-24-2018, 10:30 PM
My mother and I had just sat down in Louie's to eat dinner for my birthday. Our drinks had just come out when the shooting began. It was all outside, not inside. Inside was just complete and absolute chaos.

I kind of suspected this was the case when I heard the shooting victims were on the patio.

jompster
05-24-2018, 11:50 PM
I kind of suspected this was the case when I heard the shooting victims were on the patio.

I was replying to Steven because he mentioned the shooting happened inside and that the shooter was taken down after he exited the building. Also, I didn't know about the patio. We were facing out the windows toward the lake and didn't see any commotion back there. It sounded like it was all outside the front door.

Hollywood
05-25-2018, 12:12 AM

Glad you two are safe and sorry that you guys had to endure this at all much less on your birthday; which, Happy Birthday.

pw405
05-25-2018, 05:50 AM
It’s the mentality of those we are interacting with and are entering the justice system. There’s a generalized selfishness breeding a lack of respect for any other person they encounter. With a feeling of entitlement to do as they please, when they please, how they please. No one understands how to fail in life anymore and bounce back working harder (thank you participation trophy’s) so when there is a problem, it’s not handled very well. It’s all generalized and honestly way above any of my education but in general, we’ve sissified our populace through social experimentation and lack of self accountability and that’s why you are seeing the “craziness” in the world.

As for numbers... can only trust those as much as you trust the system and person compiling them.

The numbers are according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Report, which started in 1930:

The Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program has been the starting place for law enforcement executives, students of criminal justice, researchers, members of the media, and the public at large seeking information on crime in the nation. The program was conceived in 1929 by the International Association of Chiefs of Police to meet the need for reliable uniform crime statistics for the nation. In 1930, the FBI was tasked with collecting, publishing, and archiving those statistics.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/

Pete
05-25-2018, 06:07 AM
I deleted a bunch of posts that were political, personal attacks and complaints.

As a note, the moderators here can't read everything, especially the second it is posted. All you have to do is use the "Report Post" button at the bottom of every post (see image below) to provide an alert.

And if you have a compaint or concern, drop me a note and you'll find I am always very quick to respond.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/reportpost.jpg

LocoAko
05-25-2018, 07:08 AM

Geez, sorry you had to go through that, especially on your birthday. I'm glad you're okay. How scary.

Do they know the guy's motive yet? Was this just some random mentally ill person, a targeted/domestic type thing, or was he setting out to make this a mass casualty situation and only failed because that other guy stopped him?

camrun91
05-25-2018, 07:11 AM
Pete you have no idea how tempted I was to test out the report post on your post about reporting a post...

Jeepnokc
05-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Pete you have no idea how tempted I was to test out the report post on your post about reporting a post...

LOL....I thought the same thing

Urbanized
05-25-2018, 09:09 AM
^^^^^^
Hahah same.

jccouger
05-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Shooters youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDYWxRa6pGAq-al2R4GEOAw

Serious mental health problems.

Also an interview with the Gayly.com

http://www.gayly.com/exclusive-interview-man-responsible-okc%C2%A0flyers-warning-demons-cloned-transexual-bodies

Dustin
05-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Shooters youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDYWxRa6pGAq-al2R4GEOAw

Serious mental health problems.

http://www.gayly.com/exclusive-interview-man-responsible-okc%C2%A0flyers-warning-demons-cloned-transexual-bodies

Good lord... He saw demons wherever he went. He needed major help. It seems he was seeking help from the online community, but I wonder if he ever sought help from professionals? Doesn't appear so.

David
05-25-2018, 10:25 AM
I happened to be out at the lake last night for a run and was moderately close to this, though from the sound of things I got there shortly afterwards. I had to run on the dam trail instead of east side trails as I normally do since the area was closed. I've never eaten at Louie’s, but I have been by there on the trails right next to that outside patio more times than I could count.

I've never personally seen that many police cars in one area in my life.

BBatesokc
05-25-2018, 12:19 PM

That link wasn't working for me.... Here it is again....

Gayly - Exclusive interview with man responsible for OKC flyers warning of 'demons in cloned transexual bodies.' (http://www.gayly.com/exclusive-interview-man-responsible-okc%C2%A0flyers-warning-demons-cloned-transexual-bodies%C2%A0)

BBatesokc
05-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Shooter posted this comment in the comment section of someone else's video on YouTube. This dude was screaming for help....

Sad all around.

BBatesokc
05-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Looks like KOCO got chopper footage of the shooter after he had been killed...

dankrutka
05-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia.

pw405
05-25-2018, 01:46 PM
A Quick glance at his YouTube titles should have been enough to raise some warnings. Holy smokes. Demons, Satan, "Someone Help Me, I'm Losing it":

https://i.imgur.com/KGSzgl7.png

CloudDeckMedia
05-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Help was available: His mother, father, brother, uncle, aunt and two cousins live nearby, his grandfather died recently, and money was available.

Help wasn't available: Even for families of financial means who want to help a troubled person who will willingly accept inpatient counselling, there is inadequate space for them. For those who fight their involuntary committal to a treatment facility, courts will very rarely sign that committal.

There are many similarities to Christian Costello, the now-29-year-old who killed his father, Labor Commissioner Mark Costello a few years ago. And Stephen Wolf who killed his son Tommy Wolf in 2011. And many others. The solutions are to increase the number of psychiatric centers, and to allow the forced institutionalization of those who pose a threat to themselves or others.

CloudDeckMedia
05-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Looks like KOCO got chopper footage of the shooter after he had been killed...

I have a clearer photograph from another news outlet, but I won't post it. The several small, dark objects around the body are handguns.

For those who wonder why a sheet isn't used to cover a deceased person, it is because the person cannot be touched until the Medical Examiner's office concludes its investigation. The crime scene cannot be altered by introducing or removing anything. When necessary the yellow crime scene tape is moved far back to prevent people from seeing the body/bodies, and police cars or fire engines are used as shields depending upon what is needed. But a news helicopter is harder to block.

Mr. Blue Sky
05-25-2018, 01:58 PM
Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia.

That's what I was thinking watching some of his videos.
Like Brian said, it's just a sad deal all the way around.

pw405
05-25-2018, 02:08 PM
Shooter posted this comment in the comment section of someone else's video on YouTube. This dude was screaming for help....

Sad all around.

Sorry for off topic, but that font!!.. WHY are you doing that to yourself??!! :ot:

Steven Myers
05-25-2018, 07:42 PM
Deleted to include quote below.

Steven Myers
05-25-2018, 07:45 PM
I was replying to Steven because he mentioned the shooting happened inside and that the shooter was taken down after he exited the building. Also, I didn't know about the patio. We were facing out the windows toward the lake and didn't see any commotion back there. It sounded like it was all outside the front door.

Sorry, I was going on what had been reported at the time on the news. Thanks for the info, jompster. I didn't know that it occurred outside. I saw today where it was actually two citizens that shot at the assailant. I wonder if they knew each other or if it was just a coincidence. Good to know people in OKC will have your back in desperate moments. I go to that Louies all the time.

pw405
05-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Help was available: His mother, father, brother, uncle, aunt and two cousins live nearby, his grandfather died recently, and money was available.

Help wasn't available: Even for families of financial means who want to help a troubled person who will willingly accept inpatient counselling, there is inadequate space for them. For those who fight their involuntary committal to a treatment facility, courts will very rarely sign that committal.

There are many similarities to Christian Costello, the now-29-year-old who killed his father, Labor Commissioner Mark Costello a few years ago. And Stephen Wolf who killed his son Tommy Wolf in 2011. And many others. The solutions are to increase the number of psychiatric centers, and to allow the forced institutionalization of those who pose a threat to themselves or others.

While I'm so glad that nobody else had to lose their life yesterday, I still get such a sense of helplessness for our society in the area of mental health treatment availability. Mental health is such an important thing to have, yet we can't seem to realize how badly we need it in America.

bradh
05-25-2018, 09:50 PM
So what happened to where you can't involuntarily commit people anymore?

dankrutka
05-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Part of the problem with paranoid schizophrenia (if that’s the case here) is that attempts at help are often perceived as part of the conspiracy. It’s an awful disorder.

bluedogok
05-26-2018, 07:22 PM
So what happened to where you can't involuntarily commit people anymore?
The Community Mental Health Care Act of 1963 and subsequent rulings. That legislation effectively dismantled the mental instinstitution system in this country and built the psychotropic drug industry as the primary form of treatment. Never mind the fact that the need for institutions will always be with us for some severely disturbed persons. The problem is too many go off their meds because they believe they are fine.

My wife worked at the Austin State Hospital while she was in grad school, most people in there were never going to be "well enough" to be released back into society.

dankrutka
05-26-2018, 09:04 PM
^^^
The idea was for communities to invest in local centers and care too, but that didn’t happen. Now jails serve as the primary way to deal with mental health problems.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/showsasylums/

CloudDeckMedia
05-26-2018, 09:54 PM
At any time the Oklahoma County Jail is holding 500 prisoners who are mentally ill. They have simply broken a law by no real fault of their own, this is our process and there is no other place for them. They receive no counseling, medication or special attention. By eliminating expensive mental institutions in the 1960s that WERE designed for the mentally ill, they are now housed in even more expensive prisons that were NEVER intended to help them.

catch22
05-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Is Louie’s open?

Drove by and it looked like there wasn’t anyone outside, but I couldn’t tell for sure.

stile99
05-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Is Louie’s open?

Yes.

David
05-27-2018, 06:32 AM
Mayor Holt setting a good example yesterday: https://twitter.com/davidfholt/status/1000467232470831105

Enjoying a late lunch at Louie’s on Lake Hefner! #1OKC

catch22
05-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Mayor Holt setting a good example yesterday: https://twitter.com/davidfholt/status/1000467232470831105

Sweet! That’s a very good message to send to the community.

mugofbeer
05-27-2018, 10:03 PM
I agree there must be a reexamination of laws forcing mentally ill into treatment. This type of senseless shooting as well as the homeless problem will never be solved by just providing housing

BBatesokc
05-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Some interesting court documents coming to light about the minutes and hours around the shooting. Read a search warrant today where police were granted a nighttime search of his residence to ensure there were no additional victims inside his apartment.

The document also shed light on his non-existent relationship with his parents. He thought his mother's body had been possessed by a demon.

He also bought his gun in 2017 at Wilshire Gun Range.