View Full Version : Saints To S.A.?

scotplum
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
It's looking more and more likely that the Saints will move to San Antonio. Today, the executive that fought for games in Baton Rouge this year was fired. He had been a strong reason for the sellout streak in New Orleans and would be viewed as a key component for the team if it were to return to New Orleans. Benson, the Saints owner, is strongly looking into making S.A. the Saints new home.

It would seem to me that if the Saints were to move to San Antonio, that would make the Hornets return to N.O. as more likely since they would be the only "pro" (you know what I mean Mr. Anderson by pro, please no definition) sports franchise in the city at that point. It could be that it has little to no impact but I don't see that. Of course, if New Orleans simply doesn't recover (I don't believe that will be the case but I digress) then the Saints moving will definitely be followed by a Hornets permanent move as well. It will be interesting to see how the Saints story develops in the next couple of months.

mranderson
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Humm. You will contend the Saints are moving to San Antonio, however, will not admit the evidence points toward the Hornets moving to Oklahoma City... Strange.

Oh. By the way. new Orleans still has two professional teams and will soon have a third. The Zephers, Vodoo, and the Blues. AAA baseball, AFL, and ABA.

scotplum
10-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Humm. You will contend the Saints are moving to San Antonio, however, will not admit the evidence points toward the Hornets moving to Oklahoma City... Strange.

Oh. By the way. new Orleans still has two professional teams and will soon have a third. The Zephers, Vodoo, and the Blues. AAA baseball, AFL, and ABA.

I've never claimed that there is not the possibility of the Hornets moving to OKC permanently, I've simply claimed that it is not highly likely and that there's nothing that really points either way with the Hornets. It's still in the air would be my contention dependent upon whether New Orleans rebounds, pardon the pun.

I'm honestly shocked you didn't consider the Saints moving as further evidence that supports your facts on the Hornets moving permanently, based solely upon your supreme depth of knowledge in how businesses work. ;)

What's the big deal with the Hornets moving here anyway since, as Mr. Anderson points out, we have so many pro teams in OKC anyway. ;) Let's not go down this road again, it's an absurd argument dependent upon the definition of a word. I know what you mean, you know what I mean, let's leave it at that.

mranderson
10-18-2005, 03:28 PM
"What's the big deal with the Hornets moving here anyway since, as Mr. Anderson points out, we have so many pro teams in OKC anyway. Let's not go down this road again, it's an absurd argument dependent upon the definition of a word. I know what you mean, you know what I mean, let's leave it at that."

Professional: A person who is paid money or other form of compensation to perform a service or act.

Therefore. Minor league players are PAID to perform. Therfore they are professional, or in the shortened vernacular... Pro. Therefore, since these players are PAID to play, and the teams are based in a certain city, no matter the level, that city or town HAS a "pro" team.

scotplum
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
"What's the big deal with the Hornets moving here anyway since, as Mr. Anderson points out, we have so many pro teams in OKC anyway. Let's not go down this road again, it's an absurd argument dependent upon the definition of a word. I know what you mean, you know what I mean, let's leave it at that."

Professional: A person who is paid money or other form of compensation to perform a service or act.

Therefore. Minor league players are PAID to perform. Therfore they are professional, or in the shortened vernacular... Pro. Therefore, since these players are PAID to play, and the teams are based in a certain city, no matter the level, that city or town HAS a "pro" team.

You do this intentionally don't you? Did you read the bottom part of the thread or do you just completely stop reading once you get to the word pro? :dizzy:

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Ahhh...feelin' the love...:rolleyes:

scotplum
10-18-2005, 03:48 PM

I apologize, it's the 3rd or 4th time Mr. Anderson has allowed me the pleasure of reading the definition of professional, hence why I asked to not dwell on it in the first place. No worries, I'm done with it (until the next time I'm provided the definition ;)). :surrender

Intrepid
10-18-2005, 04:24 PM
I apologize, it's the 3rd or 4th time Mr. Anderson has allowed me the pleasure of reading the definition of professional, hence why I asked to not dwell on it in the first place. No worries, I'm done with it (until the next time I'm provided the definition ;)). :surrender

Agreed. It is absolutely clear that we all knew what you were talking about.

Mr. Anderson please stop. You know full well what he meant by his comments, and if you didn't, he's explained it enough times that you should. Heck, he even preempted your response in his original post.

Pointing out the definition one time is fine, but to do it over and over and over again just to fill space in a post and to prove you can look up words in a dictionary is just childish - in this posters humble opinion.

Stop the insanity!!!

:tweeted:

Karried
10-18-2005, 05:07 PM

Crazy Chicken Cat!!

Where the heck have you been lately??? We've missed you!!

Luke
10-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Just say "major league".

mranderson
10-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Just say "major league".

Thank you. That is what it is called. All sports franchises are professional... Again, my point.

Intrepid
10-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Thank you. That is what it is called. All sports franchises are professional... Again, my point.

Your point has been made clear...over and over and over again.

You know, I know, we all know what he was referring to.

We got your point a long time ago. Now, please stop beating this dead horse!

Thank you

:tiphat:

mranderson
10-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Your point has been made clear...over and over and over again.

You know, I know, we all know what he was referring to.

We got your point a long time ago. Now, please stop beating this dead horse!

Thank you

:tiphat:

I will when these people will admit minor league teams ARE "pro" teams. Thank you.

scotplum
10-19-2005, 08:45 AM
I will when these people will admit minor league teams ARE "pro" teams. Thank you.

Man, I believe that has been done. Of course, anyone that is paid to play a game is a professional as opposed to amateur. Will you admit that you know EXACTLY what is meant when I said "pro" up above in reference to the Hornets?

Tell me, why must you make a big deal out of this? Is it just in your nature? Are you trying to be funny? Is it your large depth of knowledge in businesses? What is it?

Intrepid
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM

This has been done....several times! It's borderline childish at this point.

In my opinion, it's pretty petty to continue to bring up the definition of the words people use when it is clear in their post what they meant. Like I said, once is fine, but anything beyond that is pure overkill.

metro
10-19-2005, 10:05 AM

To my knowledge, the VooDoo have already officially announced Kansas City as their new permanent home. Am I mistaken?

Intrepid
10-19-2005, 10:09 AM
To my knowledge, the VooDoo have already officially announced Kansas City as their new permanent home. Am I mistaken?

Depends on your definition of mistaken??

:dizzy:

mranderson
10-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Here is your answer.

http://www.arenafootball.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=19861&SPID=1557&DB_OEM_ID=3500&ATCLID=194313

BDP
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM

That makes every D-1 program with scholarships professional teams.

metro
10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Even little leaguers that are sponsored by corporations or businesses

mranderson
10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
That makes every D-1 program with scholarships professional teams.

I have no idea what a "D-one" is, however, if they receive a paycheck to play, then yes. That would make them professional.

metro
10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
D-1 is NCAA Division 1 college, the largest of college sports programs, some get scholarships or small spending stimpulations to cover expenses, etc

mranderson
10-19-2005, 03:42 PM
D-1 is NCAA Division 1 college, the largest of college sports programs, some get scholarships or small spending stimpulations to cover expenses, etc

The expenses are not considered income.

scotplum
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Would a scholarship be considered an "other form of compensation"?

:)

Intrepid
10-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Depends on your defintion of "be".

:spin:

BDP
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM

:LolLolLol

mranderson
10-20-2005, 03:23 PM

What do you think?:fighting4

scotplum
10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
What do you think?:fighting4

Sure, why not.

Going forward I will no longer refer to the Oklahoma Sooners or Oklahoma State Cowboys as a collegiate athletic team as clearly they are made up of professional athletes.

;)

metro
10-20-2005, 03:36 PM
That depends on your definition of the word definition

mranderson
10-20-2005, 03:39 PM
That depends on your definition of the word definition

Here is one definition of definition that should be enforced. Back to topic and stay there!

Intrepid
10-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Here is one definition of definition that should be enforced. BACK TO TOPIC AND STAY THERE!

As should typing in all caps, per the TOS. But, I'm not an enforcer of most rules, unless of course they favor me, so I will let this slide.

:spin:

BDP
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Here is one definition of definition that should be enforced. BACK TO TOPIC AND STAY THERE!

Then DON'T EVER TAKE US OFF ON THAT TOPIC AGAIN!

Seriously, don't inject your little missions into a thread and then get on other posters when they end up discussing it.

Todd
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you to the posters who have attempted to focus this thread back to the original topic.

I appreciate your efforts!

I'm watching the rest of you....:stop:

Intrepid
10-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Then DON'T EVER TAKE US OFF ON THAT TOPIC AGAIN!

Seriously, don't inject your little missions into a thread and then get on other posters when they end up discussing it.

My apologies for my expressing my sense of humor. I hope none were offended in anyway.

:boff: