View Full Version : Orange Theory?

king183
05-19-2018, 10:48 PM
Has anyone on OKCTalk tried Orange Theory workouts? If so, what did you think?

Jersey Boss
05-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Any background info on what this is?

king183
05-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Any background info on what this is?

Yes, sorry about that. I should have explained that a bit more. It's a fitness business called Orange Theory Fitness and it's a 60 minute strength and cardio workout based on heart rate training. It's becoming pretty popular across the country; there are a couple locations in OKC and Moore. I've never been, so I was wondering if others have and they found it useful.

https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/

GoThunder
05-20-2018, 10:26 AM
My wife goes several times a month and loves it. You wear a heart monitor and try to get into the “orange” zone based on your heart rate and maintain it as much as possible. Everyone’s stats are displayed on TV’s so you can see how you are doing compared to others. I went with her once and it is definitely intense. There are different workouts for different days but the day I went we rotated between lifting and rowing for 30 minutes then spent 30 minutes doing HIIT on the treadmill. I think it’s a great option for someone looking to switch things up workout--wise, but is also good for beginners as the people that work there are super nice and encouraging, at least as far as the Moore location is concerned.

ditm4567
05-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Has anyone on OKCTalk tried Orange Theory workouts? If so, what did you think?

Been going since around mid-March. Hands down one of the best / most enjoyable workouts one can have. I'm a 22 year old who played football and basketball in high school, maintained my physical health throughout undergrad, and some of these workouts still have me nearly crawling to the car afterwards. With the workouts only being 55-58 minutes, it sure does not waste a large portion of your day. The coaches / trainers make it a goal of theirs to learn your name and push you, and after going to a few classes in the same time slot the other people around you will start feeling like new friends. An added bonus is if you are remotely competitive, being around others that are doing the same workouts as you will prohibit you from wanting to slack or skip reps. Easy to book classes through the app on smartphones or by simply calling. With studios in Edmond, NW OKC, Moore, and Nichols Hills (opening June 1st) it is easy to find a location that best fits your daily schedule. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is trying to advance their physical health.