View Full Version : New development on memorial

diesel
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know what the new development west of mimi's cafe on may and memorial is?! There are two buildings being built and they do not have signs as far as what it is.. Also east of penn on memorial next to red robin there are quiet a few empty spaces in there.. Any ideas?

John
10-18-2005, 12:06 PM
One of them is 'Cheeseburgers in Paradise' a Jimmy Buffett spin off.
www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com

At Memorial Square, the building north of Red Robin is beatuy brands, a chain very similar to ULTA.

Speaking of other development on Memorial...

At the old Cowboy Bob's location, Emmerson Bigguns (sports bar) is taking over that space.

In the Burger King building at Western & Memorial, a mexican restaurant (whose name slipped me at the moment) is going in.

The Shell at Western & Memorial is building what looks to be a new 'store' where the carwash used to be, and I assume they will tear down the small building under the awning, making room for more pumps, and convert the newer lube & change building into the carwash.

A Courtyard Marriott is going in behind Coppermark Bank, next to Lowe's.

Baker Street Pub, in the old China Coast/Court space is shaping up and shouldn't be too much longer before it is open.

Mahogany's steakhouse is shaping up as well.

The only question is, where is all this traffic going to go? ;)

metro
10-18-2005, 12:42 PM
The Bedlam place on the NW corner of Penn and Memorial shut down as I predicted due to their horrible service and food and a new restaurant is going in.

John
10-18-2005, 12:56 PM
The Bedlam place on the NW corner of Penn and Memorial shut down as I predicted due to their horrible service and food and a new restaurant is going in.

Good to see something else going in there. I still miss Harrigan's, though. :)

Also, the Grandy's shut down a while back. Now with Sportsman's Warehouse open, the traffic around that site has increased... Here's hoping for something to take over soon (possibly a Jack In The Box or Chipotle?!?) -- its an eyesore right now.

jbrown84
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow where do you get your info John?

Do you know anything about the "Casablana" going in behind Abuelos? I has like a dome on top of it and it says coming soon Casablanca. I assume it's a restaurant but I don't know.

diesel
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Wow where do you get your info John?

Do you know anything about the "Casablana" going in behind Abuelos? I has like a dome on top of it and it says coming soon Casablanca. I assume it's a restaurant but I don't know.

yeah its some sort of indian food place...

-greg

swake
10-18-2005, 05:30 PM
An Indian food resturant called Casablanca?

Only in Oklahoma, don't they have an atlas?

floater
10-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Baker St. Pub should be cool. It strikes inauthentic for a British pub to be on a pad site on Memorial, IMO. I'd say it should be in Bricktown, but TapWerks has similar offerings.