View Full Version : New Skyline Snapshot at downtownokc!

ksearls
10-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi,

The new Skyline Snapshot, a quarterly report of downtown development is now posted on the downtownokc website! You can find the link under Downtown News.

Take a look at everything going on, it's so exciting!

Kim

Pete
10-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Fantastic!

I had been checking your site in anticipation of a new release.

It's the single best source for everything that is going on downtown... Thanks for doing such a great job, Kim!

floater
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the notice, Kim! We appreciate it.

floater
10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
I bet downtownguy's smiling with the Film Row development...

Karried
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Very Cool~

http://www.downtownokc.com/Portals/1/PDF/skyline_snapshot_3rd_Quarter_2005.pdf

jbrown84
10-18-2005, 10:32 PM
The Film Exchange thing looks cool. Also good to see drawings of The Hill and Block 42.

floater
10-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Downtown awakens to level of investment once seen in dreams
STEVE LACKMEYER TRADE TALK

“Giddy” might be too subtle a word to describe the euphoria flowing through downtown Oklahoma City these days.

When the quarterly “skyline snapshots” were introduced by Downtown Oklahoma City Inc. a couple years ago, they were usually two-page affairs, often listing projects we had heard about time and time again.

Some of the projects seemed stuck in time: A Bricktown theater, Deep Deuce housing and a Skirvin renovation were talked about for years.

Today, the snapshots are full of surprises, the latest report spanning 31 pages.

When the city embarked on the Metropolitan Area Projects — a $370 million infusion of public capital improvements to the inner city — promoters promised to a doubting public that the resulting private investment would top $140 million.

That figure was surpassed when the projects were completed two years ago, and it looks as if, for the foreseeable future, that $140 million will represent total investment for any given single year.

Add up the current projects.

Skirvin Hilton, $54 million; Colcord Hotel, $14.5 million; Bricktown Residence Inn, $20 million; Bricktown Hampton Inn, $20 million. That’s $108.5 million on construction that has either started or is about to start.

And that’s just for hotels.

More than a half dozen housing projects also are in the works for every segment of downtown. If they all come to realization, the private investment over the next year exceeds $250,000.

A lot of unknowns remain. How much, if at all, will the arrival of the NBA Hornets at Ford Center inspire even more downtown development?

Will some of the already announced projects fall by the wayside if construction costs balloon in the wake of rebuilding the Gulf Coast from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina?

What’s almost certain is that, if the momentum continues, the downtown Oklahoma City skyline — frozen in time during most of the 1980s and 1990s — will continue to change over the next few years.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Best of all, I don't this wave will conclude with the projects listed in this report...

metro
10-19-2005, 08:27 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet downtownguy's smiling with the Film Row development...

I know I am, I work for a film company, hehehehe