View Full Version : Cosby guilty on 3 counts of sexual assault

Pete
04-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Faces up to 10 years.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/bill-cosby-trial/index.html

jerrywall
04-26-2018, 12:21 PM
I was talking to my wife this morning. And pondering if he was found guilty, if he will actually spend any time behind bars. He appears to be in terrible health and today's verdict isn't going to help. This whole affair has been so surreal. I was half expecting another mistrial.

Pete
04-26-2018, 12:26 PM
They allowed testimony from other women who claimed the same drugging by little blue pills and rape.

Dozens of women have come forward with almost identical claims. Pretty hard to ignore all that evidence.

I suppose he's lucky he made it to 80 without being in jail.

Eddie1
04-26-2018, 12:27 PM
His reputation and legacy are destroyed. Sad.

barrettd
04-26-2018, 02:45 PM
His reputation and legacy are destroyed. Sad.

More sad, though, for all the women he raped, right?

mugofbeer
04-26-2018, 03:37 PM
I thought he was one of the funniest and most imaginative comedians around and could do it staying pretty clean with his language while growing up. "Dammit" was the worst I remember him saying in one of his routines. His TV show was also excellent and taught some good lessons. Now to find out he had massive demons within him really hurts your ability to trust or feel much about anyone - no matter how they appear on the outside. Very sad, very hurtful all the way around.

Pete
04-26-2018, 04:10 PM
Yep, I grew up with my parents listening to his comedy albums along with Bob Newhart.

Goes to show you how little you actually know about someone.

BBatesokc
04-27-2018, 07:27 AM
Faces up to 10 years.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/bill-cosby-trial/index.html

Actually, he faces up to 30-years if ordered to serve the maximum sentence on each conviction consecutively. That's probably not going to happen though and based on his age is pretty irrelevant. Even 3 years might as well be life, he's not in good shape.

Jersey Boss
04-27-2018, 08:34 AM
Based on health and age I see whatever the sentence being to be substantially suspended.

BBatesokc
04-27-2018, 09:33 AM
We don't go to many concerts, but the time I saw him at the Civic Center was one of the best live concert/stand-up events I had ever been to.

BBatesokc
04-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Based on health and age I see whatever the sentence being to be substantially suspended.

You'd think, but a OKC man who recently pleaded guilty to paying for sexual services from a teen was sentenced to prison and they literally went to the VA hospital and rolled him into an ambulance and took him away to prison. He'll never survive his sentence and it's gonna cost so much more for his medical care in a prison facility.

Pete
04-27-2018, 10:10 AM
He needs to go to jail.

He's been doing this for decades and should have been incarcerated a long time ago.

Pete
04-27-2018, 10:11 AM
He needs to go to jail.

He's been doing this for decades and should have been incarcerated a long time ago.

jn1780
04-27-2018, 01:05 PM
So he's basically going into a taxpayer funded retirement home. At least it's not a retirement home for more wealthy elderly.

Jersey Boss
04-27-2018, 01:25 PM
You'd think, but a OKC man who recently pleaded guilty to paying for sexual services from a teen was sentenced to prison and they literally went to the VA hospital and rolled him into an ambulance and took him away to prison. He'll never survive his sentence and it's gonna cost so much more for his medical care in a prison facility.

As you are well aware there are a lot of factors going into sentencing. I am sure that you know of the case in Sulfur OK where a child rapist had his entire sentence suspended. Factors such as does the sentencing judge have an opponent in the next election, does the DA have an opponent? At the age of 80, Cosby can produce volumes of mitigation of good acts as well as the mitigating factors of age and health. You can't compare one case to the next as there are dozens of variables. I would not be surprised if he is granted an appeal bond(if that is possible there) or is sentenced to house incarceration.

BBatesokc
04-27-2018, 02:44 PM
As you are well aware there are a lot of factors going into sentencing. I am sure that you know of the case in Sulfur OK where a child rapist had his entire sentence suspended. Factors such as does the sentencing judge have an opponent in the next election, does the DA have an opponent? At the age of 80, Cosby can produce volumes of mitigation of good acts as well as the mitigating factors of age and health. You can't compare one case to the next as there are dozens of variables. I would not be surprised if he is granted an appeal bond(if that is possible there) or is sentenced to house incarceration.

I don't see how he would be granted an appeal bond, a suspended sentence or house arrest.

A pretty big factor in why he was convicted is because the judge allowed so much more testimony in this trial that the previous trial did not allow. That already shows the judge is willing to bend based on current societal trends - and the #metoo trend is not to go lightly on sentencing. He'll get prison.

GoGators
04-27-2018, 03:28 PM
He should get jail time . No amount of good acts of funny comedy shows should mitigate rape.