View Full Version : Downtown lighting for Hornets games

John
10-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't know who would be the appropriate person at both First National and Devon to contact about this, but I figure one of you knows somebody who knows somebody. :)

I would like to see our skyline be lit up in Hornets colors on gamenights. I know it its possible, it's just a matter of doing something about it.

Bricktown and the rest of the area around the Ford Center will be decked out in teal, purple, and yellow, but I think it would be neat to see the top of First National and the Devon logo showing their Hornets spirit. The lights on First National are sometimes lit up in red for OU, most notably after the 2000 National Championship, why not purple, teal, and yellow for these next few exciting months (and possibly more) in OKC? Devon's sign configuration is pretty simple to change up, from what I know, word just needs to be passed on to the proper parties.

A Hornet themed skyline would show off our collective spirit for the Hornets and would also look great for any televised games for shots when going to or coming back from commercials.

As a sidenote, it would be cool if DowntownOKC and Bricktown contracted with some of the searchlight/spotlight companies to place their lights around Bricktown and the area around the arena on gamenights. People in the vicinity and driving on 35 & 40 would be drawn to the area to check out what was going on and possibly stick around for a bit.

Here are a couple of amateur renderings done by yours truly :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/devon.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/okcnight.jpg

Thoughts?

mranderson
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
My nieces brother inlaw is employed at Devon. I will ask her to ask him who a contact would be. When I get the info I will pass it.

Karried
10-17-2005, 01:31 PM
John, it never ceases to amaze me that people come up with such great ideas!

jbrown84
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Yes good idea. I imagine the Devon sign is more likely to happen but First National lit up would be cool too.

floater
10-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Great ideas, John. I do remember seeing First National lit up in purple when the Davis Cup tennis matches were held in OKC. The tournament's color was purple.

metro
10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
try Devon for sure, I bet you could talk Luke Corbett into doing something over at Kerr-McGee. Being that First National is owned by out of staters who dont even care about the building, I bet that is a far stretch. Also try Oklahoma Tower and Leadership Square

Luke
10-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Great idea guys. Let us know who contacts whom. I'll bet this idea is do-able.