View Full Version : Harkins Parking

mranderson
10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
I was going to stop in bricktown Friday, but was not able to park in the Harkins lot because it was closed. It was being bulldozed. Anyone know why? Where will the Harkins parking be now?

metro
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Well, Harkins has a ton of parking. I'm assuming your talking about the west side of the building?? Perhaps it is part of the site they are building the retail/condo mix. Its just N/W of the theater

mranderson
10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Well, Harkins has a ton of parking. I'm assuming your talking about the west side of the building?? Perhaps it is part of the site they are building the retail/condo mix. Its just N/W of the theater

The lot was the one with the entrance at the traffic light. I was unable to find the other free lots.

John
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
You should be able to still get to the Harkins lots. I assume the 'closed section' was at Oklahoama & Reno, by Hogan's construction site in LB, or possibly the entrance near Sonic on Reno where the Residence Inn will be, but if you enter the Bass Pro lot at their main entrance, you can go past the store and take the path that leads to the bridge across the canal and to their parking on the side of Toby's, etc...

jbrown84
10-17-2005, 01:58 PM
The lot you are talking about is not the Harkins lot. That was just a temporary lot on the site that is now being prepped for the Residence Inn. The Harkins lot can be entered either by going into the Bass Pro lot and over the bridge to the south side of the canal, or by turning in at Oklahoma and Reno by the U-Haul building. The parking wraps around the back of the theatre, so this is all connected.

The spot where the retail/condo mix will be is not a parking lot. It's just an empty field.

mranderson
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
The lot you are talking about is not the Harkins lot. That was just a temporary lot on the site that is now being prepped for the Residence Inn. The Harkins lot can be entered either by going into the Bass Pro lot and over the bridge to the south side of the canal, or by turning in at Oklahoma and Reno by the U-Haul building. The parking wraps around the back of the theatre, so this is all connected.

The spot where the retail/condo mix will be is not a parking lot. It's just an empty field.

I always thought it WAS the Harkins lot. I have parked there every time I went to bricktown except one, and only had to pay once... For a RedHawks game.

jbrown84
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Well it might have been free but that lot has been there since before the Bass Pro was built and it is not the one that Hogan built for Harkins parking.

mranderson
10-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Well it might have been free but that lot has been there since before the Bass Pro was built and it is not the one that Hogan built for Harkins parking.

Then why is there a sign that says Harkins parking? Plus, no other indication of any other Harkins lots anywhere around.

John
10-18-2005, 05:32 PM
The 'harkins parking' sign, if I'm thinking of the same one, is pointing toward the road that snakes in front of the Bass Pro lot, to either the overflow/Landrun Memorial lot, or the bridge to the main lot by Harkins/Toby's/Earl's/etc.

jbrown84
10-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Correct.

jbrown84
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Then why is there a sign that says Harkins parking? Plus, no other indication of any other Harkins lots anywhere around.

Have you seriously not noticed the enormous parking lot next to the theatre? And I know for sure that there is a "Harkins parking" sign at the Reno and Oklahoma entrance.

metro
10-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes that is the Sonic and overflow parking lot you are referring to, Harkins has always been both east / west and south of the Harkins. The west entrance is now partially closed due to the condo/retail project. The east side shares parking with Toby Keith's. The general Bricktown overflow lot is now being razed for the hotel.

Patrick
10-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Speaking of the Sonic parking lot, I still don't like their main surface parking lot. I hope eventually a parking garage is built to serve all of the businesses in Lower Bricktown.

writerranger
11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
mranderson, If you intend to be running for city council one day, I wouldn't be bragging about how you thought you were using the Harkins lot for free parking to go to other Bricktown attractions. :)

venture
11-03-2005, 03:03 PM
mranderson, If you intend to be running for city council one day, I wouldn't be bragging about how you thought you were using the Harkins lot for free parking to go to other Bricktown attractions. :)

Seeing your are new...may want to grab your flame suit. LOL But its okay...I mean, does it really shock those of us that read this board often? ;)

Shaggy
11-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Seeing your are new...may want to grab your flame suit. LOL But its okay...I mean, does it really shock those of us that read this board often? ;)
It doesn't shock me in the least bit. It is interesting to note that our "future" councilman will park somewhere free, and then walk to a venue. He could be like the rest of us and pay to park. If he wasn't going to go to the Harkins Theater, he should not have parked in their lot.

venture
11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Everytime I go downtown, I'll usually park in the lot behind Bass Pro - away from everyone. The only thing...I'm usually always going to go Harkins to catch a movie anyway. Of course, there are some people that have no issue "abusing" or believe they are abusing the system - but will call other people out on it in a heart beat.

The world of hypocrits we live with. :)

Side thought - imagine if this site held a poll to have Keith and Co ban one member, wonder who would get the most votes? :) IOW, settle down and relax...also because before going after other people for certain things if its not going to be a two way street.

Keith
11-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Side thought - imagine if this site held a poll to have Keith and Co ban one member, wonder who would get the most votes?
Ooh, don't tempt me:LolLolLol . I already know who the winner would be.

fromdust
11-06-2005, 11:10 AM
i dodnt pay for parking downtown. i park in that mega parking lot of toby and bass pro. then i walk every where. bricktown is not huge so it doent bother me to walk everywhere.

jbrown84
11-06-2005, 07:26 PM
That is the parking lot we are talking about.