View Full Version : AT&T Cellular Data Issues - Downtown

jerrywall
03-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Does anyone else use AT&T for cellular service and work downtown? I'm on the western side, in film row, but for the past month the service has been unusable, especially on the data side (although I've also noticed voice quality issues as well). I pretty much have no data connectivity, and since we can't use work wifi for personal devices, this means I don't tend to get emails and other notifications until after I leave and get out of the downtown area.

I've contacted AT&T and also used the "drop a pin" app a few times, and I always get a generic "we're aware of issues at this time" but it's been almost a month.

Is anyone else having these problems?

turnpup
03-07-2018, 07:59 AM
We live and I work right on the edge of Midtown and I've noticed my AT&T service has been very spotty the past several months. Voicemails don't show up for days unless I manually dial my own number and retrieve them that way, the phone itself won't open, etc. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's quite frustrating.

jerrywall
03-07-2018, 08:05 AM
Yeah, the voicemails thing has been an issue for me as well. This is driving me nuts. My contract is up next month, so after being with AT&T for 15 years I may be making the jump with all 4 lines if this isn't resolved soon.

Plutonic Panda
03-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Not OKC, but here in LA AT&T is absolutely awful in a lot of places. Hollywood and Bel Air area especially I've gotten no service on occasion and as you said, when I do have service, it’s almost unusable. I’m considering leaving AT&T.

FighttheGoodFight
03-07-2018, 02:35 PM
Yeah, the voicemails thing has been an issue for me as well. This is driving me nuts. My contract is up next month, so after being with AT&T for 15 years I may be making the jump with all 4 lines if this isn't resolved soon.

Might I ask who you are going to? I have tried Tmobile (dropped calls out the wazoo) so I went back to ATT just to have solid coverage but man these prices are high.

loveOKC
03-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Use the AT&T Mark the Spot app. Download it from the App Store. I’ve used it for years.

Jeepnokc
03-08-2018, 06:49 AM
I am on east end of Film Row and we have Verizon. No issues at all.

jerrywall
03-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Use the AT&T Mark the Spot app. Download it from the App Store. I’ve used it for years.

Yeah, that's what I meant about "drop the pin". I've done it several times in the past month with no help.

jerrywall
03-08-2018, 10:48 AM
I am on east end of Film Row and we have Verizon. No issues at all.

Good to hear. Verizon is my top contender if I switch next month. I pay over $200 a month for 4 lines with shared 10g of data. I've been eyeing their 4 lines, $40 each, unlimited for a while now.