View Full Version : Pass Your Plate

escan
10-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey! Did everyone see the story about food assembly places in the Wednesday Oklahoman? It talked about some of my friends! Tried Pass Your Plate a couple of weeks ago and HIGHLY reccomend it...yummy dishes that are easy to fix. It's so nice to come home and already know what's for dinner.

Karried
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I've been wanting to try it.... is it pricey? How does it work?

karlanee
10-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I have actually done this. There is one in Edmond and then a franchise (the new one) at 122nd and May.

My daughter and I did it once at the Edmond location. The price for 10 meals is $154 I think. But keep in mind, these are 9 x 13 pans and they feed our family of 4 twice. So in most cases you are actually getting 20 meals.

It was a LOT of fun. The owners are very very nice and it just felt like going to a friend's professional restaurant kitchen to prepare your meals. The stuff is all chopped and cut for you, all you have to do is assemble it. No clean up no dirty dishes. They also have free drinks and usually a menu item for you to try while you are there.

Here is their website, where you can find information as well as book a session.
http://www.passyourplate.com

I will definitely do this again.

Also, if you are interested in this place, there is another very similar place across the street from them in Edmond underneath the Water tower at 33rd and Broadway. It's called Supper Thyme. I've never been to this place, but it looks like the same concept.
http://www.supperthymeusa.com

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.

escan
10-17-2005, 09:03 AM
I love, love, love it. Don't know how big your family is, but my husband and I pay a little bit more and split the meals into two containers. So, 6 meals become 12 and 10 becomes 20! I've tried them both and have to say that I live the atmosphere, etc at Pass Your Plate better...maybe just because my friend is the marketing director. I also like the fact that it's Oklahoma based....Supper Thyme is out of Nebraska.

It's be best thing since sliced bread....you go in (I asked my husband to go with me), assemble a few meals...everything is already chopped, etc and then take 'em home an stick them in the freezer. Just take them out to the fridge ahead of time and pop them in the oven. You come home, dinners planned and it's really yummy.

I think they're also opening one on NW Expwy and Rockwell in the future.

Sherie

mrote
10-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I noticed the one on Rockwell yesterday. Couldn't tell if it was open yet or not as I just caught a quick glance at it as I drove by. My wife and I may give it a try when/ if it's open.

Karried
10-17-2005, 10:21 AM
Escan, that sounds great - okay I will give it a try - it sounds like fun too... and not too expensive like I originally thinking - thanks for the recommendation!

upisgr8
10-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Pass Your Plate Gets 4 of 4 Forks From Review!

link: http://www.metrofamilymagazine.com/newsletter/newsletter_view.asp?newsid=684&catid=0&active=1&mode=current