View Full Version : Google Earth Versions

upisgr8
10-13-2005, 08:21 PM
This is addicting. I have only used the free version has anyone tried the others.

floater
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
It's like taking your own private jet around the world. Yes, it is very addicting.

okcpulse
10-14-2005, 07:50 AM
I once had a seven day trial for Keyhole.com, which I believe uses the same software and database as Google Earth. Yes, very addicting, and it makes you want to see cities from the sky that you may never visit, or may have a desire to see.

Many satellite maps are paving the way for a new generation of getting directions. Satellite mapping not only gives you a better illustration of which routes to take, but you can pick and choose landmarks along highways and city streets to help you find your way. One drawback is the satellite photo database is already a few years old, and in cities with high growth, even here in Oklahoma City, routes shown to be in underdeveloped areas might be built up today. And, the database does not include rural areas in detail, not yet anyway. All arguments aside, good old fashioned road atlases may have their days numbered.

metro
10-20-2005, 09:00 AM
can someone post a link to these sites

upisgr8
10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
The Link to Google Earth is http://earth.google.com/

It only works with Windows, they say they will have a Mac version soon.