View Full Version : 2018 - Gearing up for the future

catch22
12-30-2017, 11:36 PM
I was driving around today and was amazed at how many large-scale construction projects are occurring. It feels to me like we are really setting our infrastructure up for good growth the next several decades. The thought of all of this is mind-boggling and exciting for me! Some of these haven't started yet, or are just completed. But I think gives a fairly good picture. I probably missed some items too.

Major Highway projects:

I-235/I-44 Interchange
I-35/I-235/I-40 Interchange upgrades
I-35/I-240 Interchange
Eastern OK country turnpike
SW connector (JKT I-40 to Airport Rd.)

Major Roadway projects:

OKC Boulevard
Lake Hefner Parkway extension north of Memorial Rd.

Transportation improvements:

Santa Fe Station remodel
OKC Streetcar
Airport terminal/concourse expansion

Public Spaces:

MAPS 3 Scissortail Park
Convention Center
Large scale expansion of trails

OKC is continuing to invest a huge amount of public money into city-wide improvements. I believe we should be in the ballpark of a $2.8 billion dollar shot in the arm from 2007 to 2027. That is not considering other city improvements paid for by other budgets such as ODOT, the OTA, or the general budget.

MAPS 3: $780
2007 GO Bond: $835
2017 Better Streets: $240
2017 GO Bond: $967

This isn't any new information, but thinking about it tonight I was simply amazed by how much is going on in this city. Sometimes I think we should take a step back and see the bigger picture more often.

bucktalk
12-31-2017, 09:01 AM
Thanks for such optimistic thoughts about the new year!
I was driving around today and was amazed at how many large-scale construction projects are occurring. It feels to me like we are really setting our infrastructure up for good growth the next several decades. The thought of all of this is mind-boggling and exciting for me! Some of these haven't started yet, or are just completed. But I think gives a fairly good picture. I probably missed some items too.

Major Highway projects:

I-235/I-44 Interchange
I-35/I-235/I-40 Interchange upgrades
I-35/I-240 Interchange
Eastern OK country turnpike
SW connector (JKT I-40 to Airport Rd.)

Major Roadway projects:

OKC Boulevard
Lake Hefner Parkway extension north of Memorial Rd.

Transportation improvements:

Santa Fe Station remodel
OKC Streetcar
Airport terminal/concourse expansion

Public Spaces:

MAPS 3 Scissortail Park
Convention Center
Large scale expansion of trails

OKC is continuing to invest a huge amount of public money into city-wide improvements. I believe we should be in the ballpark of a $2.8 billion dollar shot in the arm from 2007 to 2027. That is not considering other city improvements paid for by other budgets such as ODOT, the OTA, or the general budget.

MAPS 3: $780
2007 GO Bond: $835
2017 Better Streets: $240
2017 GO Bond: $967

This isn't any new information, but thinking about it tonight I was simply amazed by how much is going on in this city. Sometimes I think we should take a step back and see the bigger picture more often.