View Full Version : iPhone repair store recommendation

Relentless85
12-10-2017, 12:06 PM
I am looking for recommendations for a place that can repair an iPhone 6s in Oklahoma City or Mustang/Yukon area.

I am needing to get the ear piece speaker replaced on my wife’s iPhone 6s. Would do it my self but after I buy the necessary tool kit that is decent, I think it would cost less or about the same to take it to a repair shop.

Thanks in advance!

mkjeeves
12-10-2017, 12:52 PM
I took a phone to Jumptronics at 1785 Garth Brooks Blvd to replace a charge connector and it turned out I had bigger problems they could not repair. I felt like they were fair and honest and would try them again if I had another issue.

tfvc.org
12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
I don't know if they are still there or not but cell techs on S Western and 240 is where my friend has always gone in the past.

BLJR
12-11-2017, 12:42 PM
There is a place off of I 240 and Penn called Dash Cellular (SW Corner in a strip mall near Western Sizzlin). They are good and very fair priced!!!

jerrywall
12-11-2017, 02:02 PM
It's not obvious from the name, but all the Batteries Plus locations do repair, and their prices are decent.

Zuplar
12-11-2017, 02:04 PM
For anything more than a screen repair I'd take it to Apple.

Relentless85
12-11-2017, 06:39 PM

Yeah, I thought about taking it to Apple store. But I don’t really like going to the mall. Also, I wonder if it would take longer for them to repair the phone since it seems the Apple store is always packed? I looked at battery’s plus bulbs website, it says it would cost $89.99 for them to replace the ear speaker.... man I am in the wrong business. The ear speaker part cost less than $5 online...

Zuplar
12-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I thought about taking it to Apple store. But I don’t really like going to the mall. Also, I wonder if it would take longer for them to repair the phone since it seems the Apple store is always packed? I looked at battery’s plus bulbs website, it says it would cost $89.99 for them to replace the ear speaker.... man I am in the wrong business. The ear speaker part cost less than $5 online...

I get not wanting to go to mall.

With all Apple repairs you have to make an appointment so should take equivalent amount of time.

BBatesokc
12-12-2017, 07:08 AM

I learned the hard way that you have to be careful when having anyone but Apple do a screen replacement.

Had my iPhone screen replaced once at a local shop in edmond. Price was right, only took an hour and it looked great when I picked it up. However, I quickly realized they used a sub-par screen. If I'm wearing sunglasses you absolutely cannot see the screen. It's totally black - even with the brightness turned all the way up. Was really annoying when driving and trying to use GPS.

Also, had a chain (can't recall the name) replace the screen in an iPad. They must have used a good quality screen because it was visible even with sunglasses on. However, they screwed up the wifi antenna and I couldn't hardly ever connect to wifi no matter where I was. Had to take it back twice before they corrected their mistake.

Now, I just take my stuff to Apple. It's a bit more of a hassle, but the repairs are done right and guaranteed. Plus, Apple has several times done repairs or even outright exchanged some of my devices that were out of warranty but broken for free or a small fee.

macfoucin
12-12-2017, 07:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/OkcPhoneRepair/ I can recommend this guy. Good work and good prices.

GaryOKC6
12-12-2017, 08:07 AM
I learned the hard way that you have to be careful when having anyone but Apple do a screen replacement.

Had my iPhone screen replaced once at a local shop in edmond. Price was right, only took an hour and it looked great when I picked it up. However, I quickly realized they used a sub-par screen. If I'm wearing sunglasses you absolutely cannot see the screen. It's totally black - even with the brightness turned all the way up. Was really annoying when driving and trying to use GPS.

Also, had a chain (can't recall the name) replace the screen in an iPad. They must have used a good quality screen because it was visible even with sunglasses on. However, they screwed up the wifi antenna and I couldn't hardly ever connect to wifi no matter where I was. Had to take it back twice before they corrected their mistake.

Now, I just take my stuff to Apple. It's a bit more of a hassle, but the repairs are done right and guaranteed. Plus, Apple has several times done repairs or even outright exchanged some of my devices that were out of warranty but broken for free or a small fee.

If your sunglasses are polarized you can not see the screen. When I wear my polarized raybans the screen on my ipad and iphone ate black. Both have the original screens.

BBatesokc
12-12-2017, 08:43 AM
If your sunglasses are polarized you can not see the screen. When I wear my polarized raybans the screen on my ipad and iphone ate black. Both have the original screens.

Nah. Wife and I have the same phone. I just held them up side by side. I can read her's (of course it's dark, but I can read it), and mine is completely black.

traxx
12-13-2017, 12:48 PM
I second the Batteries Plus suggestion. I had them repair a screen on my son's iphone and was happy with it.

Apple store is not likely to give you an answer you want. Last Christmas my daughter got an iPod touch. After one month, one of her friends got a headphone plug stuck inside the headphone hole. Couldn't get it out. Took it to Apple store and they said they couldn't fix it but we were welcome to buy a new iPod touch. Seriously, dude? One month old and you're gonna tell us to just buy a new one. I think wouldn't fix it more accurately describes their stance than couldn't fix it. So now she can't get any sound out of it because it thinks headphones are perpetually plugged into it.