View Full Version : Tech question (tv/cable related)

Jeepnokc
11-07-2017, 06:46 AM
I have a little private scotch/cigar clubhouse downtown that we use to hang out during the week. Would like to watch the OU/TCU game there Saturday but have no cable and don't want to install for one game. Also, no way to run cables without damaging walls or being unsightly. I have DISH at home which has DISH anywhere and I have Cox cable next door to the clubhouse.

Is there a way to access the game on DISH or Cox on my ipad or on a lap top and feed to the TV? The TV does not have wifi.

Thanks for advice in advance.

Pete
11-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Do you have Cox cable or just Cox internet?

If cable, you can login onto the Cox website anywhere with wifi and stream any of the channels covered in your subscription.

Looks like you can do the same with DISH Anywhere.

You could stream on your laptop and use an HDMI cord to connect to the TV.

Thomas Vu
11-07-2017, 07:01 AM
or if that isn't an option, you could run either a chromecast or apple tv.

BoulderSooner
11-07-2017, 07:07 AM
I have a little private scotch/cigar clubhouse downtown that we use to hang out during the week. Would like to watch the OU/TCU game there Saturday but have no cable and don't want to install for one game. Also, no way to run cables without damaging walls or being unsightly. I have DISH at home which has DISH anywhere and I have Cox cable next door to the clubhouse.

Is there a way to access the game on DISH or Cox on my ipad or on a lap top and feed to the TV? The TV does not have wifi.

Thanks for advice in advance.

a chromecast or firestick or Roku is your best bet you can stream foxsports go app with any of those and you would also have access to watch ESPN all 3 cost under 60 bucks

Bobby821
11-07-2017, 07:11 AM
The game is being televised on KOKH Fox channel 25 so all you should need to do is get an antenna to hook up to the tv and that should do it.

Jeepnokc
11-07-2017, 07:49 AM
I have cox cable. Going to try the live streaming today and also look at the antenna option. I have never tried firestick or roku so will look at those if these don't work.

Pete
11-07-2017, 07:51 AM
I have cox cable. Going to try the live streaming today and also look at the antenna option. I have never tried firestick or roku so will look at those if these don't work.

You have to have wifi for anything to work.

If you have wifi in that space then you can stream on your laptop via Cox or Dish.

Roku and other streaming devices will not work with Cox or Dish. To use such a device you would have to pay a subscription for ESPN 3 or similar.

AP
11-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Buy a lightning to HDMI converter and stream on your phone and project on the tv.

BoulderSooner
11-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Roku and other streaming devices will not work with Cox or Dish. To use such a device you would have to pay a subscription for ESPN 3 or similar.

This is not accurate. Fire stic/roku/chromecast. Have both the Fox Sports go app and the Espn app (along with lots of other )Which you can log into with your cox/dish/directTv credentials to stream their content with no subscription required

Pete
11-07-2017, 11:29 AM
^

True, you could use the Fox Go app. But you still have to go out and buy a streaming device.

FighttheGoodFight
11-07-2017, 11:41 AM
The game is being televised on KOKH Fox channel 25 so all you should need to do is get an antenna to hook up to the tv and that should do it.

This is the best option. Under 30 bucks and clear 1080i

traxx
11-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Exactly this. Don't make it more difficult than it has to be.

OKCRT
11-09-2017, 10:23 AM
This is the best option. Under 30 bucks and clear 1080i

Yes that is the easiest also. I have a pair of rabbit ears hooked up to one tv and can get all the locals crystal clear.

jerrywall
11-09-2017, 10:30 PM
I watch pretty much all of my tv on antenna. It's clearer than Cox or Uverse, and free. I pay for DVR with a TiVo OTA device And that's it, plus my streaming services.

Jeepnokc
11-10-2017, 05:08 AM
I watch pretty much all of my tv on antenna. It's clearer than Cox or Uverse, and free. I pay for DVR with a TiVo OTA device And that's it, plus my streaming services.

We have Roku working with a set of rabbit ears as a back up. All set. Thanks for the advice and GO SOONERS!