View Full Version : Recommend a tattoo artist/parlor in OKC

Throckmorton
10-09-2017, 06:30 PM
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while and am wondering what artists/parlors do the best work here in OKC. Which ones do you all recommend? Are there any that I should stay away from?

Urbanized
10-09-2017, 07:48 PM
I don’t have ink myself but really love the work done by Ashley at No Regrets (Viking Ashley). Would especially consider her for Sailor Jerry/Rockabilly type work. She’s also done a bunch of notable mural and sign work in town and elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/VikingAshley/photos/?ref=page_internal
http://instagram.com/vikingashley

TheTravellers
10-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Just make sure they don't have a big neon sign up in the windows that says "tattoo's" (yes, there is one like this on N May and 68th or so).

Bullbear
10-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Me and my partner both have a lot of Ink. Ashley is great and has done work on both of us ( traditional style).
My go to in OKC is Matt Gibson who has Black Magic Tattoo on 9th. he is awesome and great at any style. he also has some other really talented people in his studio. Check him out.

https://www.blackmagic.tattoo/

traxx
10-10-2017, 12:51 PM
I don’t have ink myself but really love the work done by Ashley at No Regrets (Viking Ashley).

And you should totally get a chest tattoo that says "No Ragrets."

Urbanized
10-11-2017, 07:33 AM
That’s my credo!

OKCRT
10-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Regrets-Isn't that a girl band? You could have them inked on your back

Throckmorton
10-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Thanks, Urbanized and Bullbear, for your recommendations. Both Ashley and Matt look like they do great work. I'm leaning toward Matt since I'm kind of a Star Wars nerd and it looks like he does a bunch of Star Wars stuff (although that's not what I have in mind for my tattoo, it might make for good conversation). I'll still have to work up the nerve to actually get in there and do it (who knows when that will be), but thanks again for the pointers.

Of course, any other recommendations will also be appreciated.

TheTravellers
10-19-2017, 09:28 AM
Thanks, Urbanized and Bullbear, for your recommendations. Both Ashley and Matt look like they do great work. I'm leaning toward Matt since I'm kind of a Star Wars nerd and it looks like he does a bunch of Star Wars stuff (although that's not what I have in mind for my tattoo, it might make for good conversation). I'll still have to work up the nerve to actually get in there and do it (who knows when that will be), but thanks again for the pointers.

Eh, if it's the pain you're worried about, it's not really that bad unless you get one over a bone (mine's on my ankle and it did hurt, didn't help that I walked around the TX state fair for the rest of the day after getting it done (it was illegal in OK at the time I got mine)). If I had any extra money lying around, I'd have more, but they're too expensive for me right now.

Bullbear
10-19-2017, 09:29 AM

If you are a star wars nerd you will have plenty to talk about!.. he does a lot of star wars tats and even just drawings and painting. His studio is full of Starwars figures and memorabilia .. you should just stop in and check out his portfolio sometime.. would help with getting up the nerve to do your work as well. Best of luck!

Throckmorton
10-23-2017, 02:46 AM
Thanks again.

It's not the pain, keeping me from getting one--it's the permanence. Like what if I finally do it, but then I ****ing hate it, after it's done. I'll either have to live with it on my body for the rest of my life, or go through all the tattoo removal bull****. That's the hesitation. The pain's a short-term, one-time thing. No big deal.

TheTravellers
10-23-2017, 08:35 AM
Thanks again.

It's not the pain, keeping me from getting one--it's the permanence. Like what if I finally do it, but then I ****ing hate it, after it's done. I'll either have to live with it on my body for the rest of my life, or go through all the tattoo removal bull****. That's the hesitation. The pain's a short-term, one-time thing. No big deal.

A cover-up or change is an alternative to removal, so think ahead and get one that can be changed if you don't like it. Or get it on a part of the body that doesn't show. Mine is on my ankle, but not because I had possible regrets or didn't want it to show, it's a design specifically for an ankle.

Urbanized
10-25-2017, 08:33 AM
I have no idea why this is the case, but despite the fact that I absolutely LOVE great tattoos I have always had zero desire to get one myself. It’s crazy because a large segment of my social circle tends to be heavily tattooed. I love, love LOVE a great sleeve on a woman. And I’m not afraid of the pain either. It’s just always seemed to me like they were for other people. Like soccer. Or hot rods. Or avocado.

Ginkasa
10-25-2017, 11:53 AM
I've seen some really great pieces that are essentially legit art on skin. I can appreciate that as art, especially if it creatively uses the canvas and wouldn't be as good on, say, paper, but I think most tattoos don't have that effect and I do not appreciate.