View Full Version : Old Chicago

SomeGuy
10-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Noticed the South side Old Chiacgo closed down, anyone know why?

SSEiYah
10-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Well the food was mediocre and their service was pretty bad so I'm not surprised. Good Riddance I say.

Pete
10-04-2017, 06:38 AM

That site is completely gone from the Old Chicago website now.

The building is owned by the Pearls group but has been for some time.

I could not find any building permits of any kind regarding what may happen next.

Martin
10-04-2017, 09:23 AM
ugh... not the biggest fan of old chicago but i really don't want to see another vacant building on that section of 240.

ChaseDweller
10-04-2017, 09:45 AM
The Franchisee filed Chapter 11 in the last couple of weeks. I suspect that this closure is part of the reorganization plan.

mugofbeer
10-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Love Chicago style pizza but last time I ate there, their pizza wasn't close to Chicago style. It was just thick crust pizza.

Smokin Joe
10-10-2017, 09:37 AM
ugh... not the biggest fan of old chicago but i really don't want to see another vacant building on that section of 240.

Agreed... First Joe's Crab Shack and now this... But I really have to wonder some bigger issues. Is the economy that bad? Also... What about those buildings? Who is going to rent them. I am sure that the rent is way too high for anyone to stay in there too long.

SoonerDave
10-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Agreed... First Joe's Crab Shack and now this... But I really have to wonder some bigger issues. Is the economy that bad? Also... What about those buildings? Who is going to rent them. I am sure that the rent is way too high for anyone to stay in there too long.

Well, as a nearly life-long resident of SW OKC, I can tell you two issues: One, Joe's Crab Shack sucked. Two, Old Chicago sucked. I think maybe that had something to do with it.

Okay, sorry for being a little heavy on the sarcasm. Just neither of those places were ever very good enough to merit their relative expense. Heck, my wife is a much bigger seafood/crab fan than I am, and even *she* swore off Joe's Crab Shack. As I've said before, that's like Amish shunning. Only more severe.

All I'm saying is..put in some good restaurants there and I'll be delighted to patronize them to the extent I can. Pub W's at SW 104th and May appears to have been very successful, as an example. "The Garage" down I-240 from the former Old Chicago is really good, too. Just a few years back, there was a really nice Interurban where Raisin' Canes now stands. Heck, I'd love to see someone bring back the grand ol "Harrigan's" restaurant. Had many a very nice family dinner there back in the day .

Then again, it may be that a somewhat nicer place is reluctant to pour in pile of money very near a check-cashing place. But Charleston's seems to be doing well...

emtefury
03-15-2018, 10:06 PM
In place of Old Chicago on I-240, I saw there a small sign that a restaurant called Pier 88 is opening soon and hiring. I did an internet search and the only pier 88 restaurant I saw was in Egypt, so it must be a local concept.

jbkrems
03-16-2018, 05:49 AM
Yes, Pier 88 Boiling Seafood & Bar is currently hiring according to their Craigslist ad; they plan on their grand opening in April. It seems to me that we are getting a lot of these kinds of restaurants in the Oklahoma City area, from The Boiling in Edmond, to Pier 88 on the south side, and probably others in between.

Pete
03-16-2018, 05:59 AM
https://pier88seafood.com/

Looks like they are also opening in Chattanooga, TN.

amocore
03-16-2018, 08:04 AM
Well, as a nearly life-long resident of SW OKC, I can tell you two issues: One, Joe's Crab Shack sucked. Two, Old Chicago sucked. I think maybe that had something to do with it.

Okay, sorry for being a little heavy on the sarcasm. Just neither of those places were ever very good enough to merit their relative expense. Heck, my wife is a much bigger seafood/crab fan than I am, and even *she* swore off Joe's Crab Shack. As I've said before, that's like Amish shunning. Only more severe.

All I'm saying is..put in some good restaurants there and I'll be delighted to patronize them to the extent I can. Pub W's at SW 104th and May appears to have been very successful, as an example. "The Garage" down I-240 from the former Old Chicago is really good, too. Just a few years back, there was a really nice Interurban where Raisin' Canes now stands. Heck, I'd love to see someone bring back the grand ol "Harrigan's" restaurant. Had many a very nice family dinner there back in the day .

Then again, it may be that a somewhat nicer place is reluctant to pour in pile of money very near a check-cashing place. But Charleston's seems to be doing well...

I have to agree. Both restaurant were sub standard and chains like that are taking a hit everywhere. They wont be missed.

Dafonso7
03-25-2018, 07:38 AM
I found out what going on old Chicago closed down at Midwest City?

jonny d
03-25-2018, 08:25 AM
I found out what going on old Chicago closed down at Midwest City?

Yeah, Bricktown Brewery.