View Full Version : Looks like Crossroads Mall is closing for good in October. Sad News indeed

Pages : 1 [2]

hoya
07-10-2019, 10:37 AM
I think Crossroads is completely dead until the Regional Transit system gets built. One of the proposed rail stops is at Crossroads. That area could make a great blank slate to build a bunch of high density housing, shops, etc. But I don't think anything's going to go there until that happens.

Goon
07-10-2019, 10:44 AM
The biggest difference is the St. Louis project is privately funded. I don't agree with the City funding a complex like this. The yearly upkeep would require a bond measure by itself.

Agreed.

There's significant money to be made if managed appropriately, too...just need to right investment team, patience and a killer ground game to get the word out. Geographically, you can't do much better than that location to draw out-of-state sports tourists...

dford2
07-10-2019, 11:46 AM
I may be wrong, but I think the major problem with any redevelopment of Crossroads is the location and horrible access from I-35

jompster
07-10-2019, 12:49 PM
It's easily accessible from I-35 via the 66th Street exit. Seems like more of a neighborhood decline issue as well as better retail opening up further south on I-35 in Moore is what did this place in. The shooting didn't help, either.

jedicurt
07-10-2019, 04:55 PM
It's easily accessible from I-35 via the 66th Street exit. Seems like more of a neighborhood decline issue as well as better retail opening up further south on I-35 in Moore is what did this place in. The shooting didn't help, either.

well... easily, as long as the traffic coming from 240 and merging on isn't bad... i wouldn't call it easily accessible for northbound 35 during any times of heavy traffic

Martin
07-10-2019, 05:18 PM
well... easily, as long as the traffic coming from 240 and merging on isn't bad... i wouldn't call it easily accessible for northbound 35 during any times of heavy traffic

from northbound 35, it's pretty easy to exit to eastbound 240 and then immediately exit onto pole road... you even have your own lane and don't have to merge with 240 traffic.

...at least for now. i'm not so sure that the pole road exit is going to survive the pending overhaul of the 35/240 junction.