View Full Version : Public Storage

jerrywall
07-29-2017, 01:59 PM
I normally don't like to do this, but I felt obligated to share my experience with this total joke of a company. I had a storage facility with Switzer's Locker room for years and was happy. Then Public Storage bought them. What a disaster. A $79 unit quickly climed up to $149. Using the dumpster, something that was a service for free before? Nope, its locked and they charge you. A fire breaks out or some emergency? God forbid, because you have to enter a passcode to exit (and they locked down two of the three exits completely, so God forbid you go to the wrong one). Service has gone completely downhill and when I reached out to the company I got no response. The only response on Facebook was to delete my posts and block me. I'm fairly forgiving in companies but every interaction with PS has been a nightmares and I can't unrecommended them enough.

Am I unique in this experience? And is this endemic of the storage industry in general? Like I said, I had a good experience with Switzer's.

FighttheGoodFight
07-29-2017, 07:44 PM
If you are looking for a new place in Edmond I have a friend who rented here for a while and it was pretty nice. Even gave him a free moving truck for a day as well. Not sure about prices.

http://ustorageok.com/

Rover
07-29-2017, 07:59 PM
I was at Switzers there too. As soon as Public Storage bought it they forced me out with two weeks notice because I had a large unit and they booted me to add a wall and charge for two....same size but split in half. They made no effort to compensate or to help, and then started charging other fees. There were others in my same situation, all expressing what a horrible experience it had been since PS took ove. Complete disaster. Management would not even call me to discuss when I asked. I can't imagine a company who values their customer less. This was the facility on W. 15th in Edmond.

jerrywall
07-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Same facility!

rezman
07-30-2017, 07:56 AM
I used Mid-America storage on Broadway in Edmond. i was looking for a place somewhere between where we were moving from and the new place. I shopped them all in Edmond and Mid- America had the best deal. I needed 2 units. I rented one unit for about 6 months and at the same time they were offering the 1st Month free on my second unit. So I took that deal, but got things situated in the new place and got the 2nd unit cleared out before the 1st payment on it was due. Worked like a champ with no complaint from the management.

When I was shopping around, Public storage had one of the worst offers, and it is less than a mile down the road from my place.

CloudDeckMedia
07-30-2017, 09:25 AM
They made no effort to compensate or to help, and then started charging other fees. They started adding fees? I'm curious - what kind of fees can they charge in addition to monthly rental?

jerrywall
07-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Increased late fees, increased rental fees, fees to use the dumpster, etc.

Switzer's had free move in, a free truck to help move in, free dumpster access when you needed it, etc. Public Storage basically charges for anything you do. I'm amazed they don't charge a toll for entering the facility.

Colbafone
07-30-2017, 05:20 PM
I use Quail Springs Storage on Technology Dr. It's on Memorial between May and Portland. I love it, have been treated excellently by staff, and the facility has the benefit of being right off the Oklahoma FBI Campus, so there are added security cameras for protection, if you feel like that's a bonus anyway.

CloudDeckMedia
07-31-2017, 06:54 AM
Do they also require that you buy their insurance coverage?

BLJR
07-31-2017, 07:44 AM
I use Quail Springs Storage on Technology Dr. It's on Memorial between May and Portland. I love it, have been treated excellently by staff, and the facility has the benefit of being right off the Oklahoma FBI Campus, so there are added security cameras for protection, if you feel like that's a bonus anyway.

This one is locally owned. Having met the ownership, I seriously doubt they will ever sell, as they own much of the property to the N and NW of them. Good guys with common sense values.

Colbafone
07-31-2017, 08:22 AM
This one is locally owned. Having met the ownership, I seriously doubt they will ever sell, as they own much of the property to the N and NW of them. Good guys with common sense values.

Absolutely, I should have pointed that out originally. And I believe most of, if not all of the facility is climate controlled. I absolutely love the place.