View Full Version : Leasing Hunting Land

Zuplar
07-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Does anyone here lease land to hunt on? I'm not much of a hunter myself but I have 20 acres out in the country that has lots of deer activity and I thought it might be a good idea to allow a hunter or group of hunters to least the rights for deer season. Anyone have experience of doing this? Not even sure where to advertise or what pricing is like on something like that.

Bellaboo
07-19-2017, 04:03 PM
Does anyone here lease land to hunt on? I'm not much of a hunter myself but I have 20 acres out in the country that has lots of deer activity and I thought it might be a good idea to allow a hunter or group of hunters to least the rights for deer season. Anyone have experience of doing this? Not even sure where to advertise or what pricing is like on something like that.

We used to lease 160 acres for $500 a year. But family could still hunt and fish on it. We had 4 leases going at a time.

Zuplar
07-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Thanks for that info. I only have 20 acres but it backs up to wild life refuge and has lots of wild life I thought it would make a good spot for someone. I was hoping to pay for taxes which I heard was common and that was around $250. I was just wanting to do one person or a group of a few people.

OKC Heel
07-20-2017, 01:11 AM
I sent you a message.

MitchellCole
07-20-2017, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't want to lease my land to a bunch of good 'ol boys with alcohol and guns.

OKC Heel
07-20-2017, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't want to lease my land to a bunch of good 'ol boys with alcohol and guns.

Is that what hunters are to you? I guess I missed the part where he said anything about alcohol...or even firearms for that matter. Small minds live in small worlds and create big problems.

Zuplar
07-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Is that what hunters are to you? I guess I missed the part where he said anything about alcohol...or even firearms for that matter. Small minds live in small worlds and create big problems.

Not sure if you have notifications on but I messaged you back.

MitchellCole
07-21-2017, 08:21 AM

Fine, a bunch of good 'ol boys with alcohol and guns/bows. Sounds like a recipe for success. The landowner takes on tremendous liability if an accident happens.

Jersey Boss
07-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that info. I only have 20 acres but it backs up to wild life refuge and has lots of wild life I thought it would make a good spot for someone. I was hoping to pay for taxes which I heard was common and that was around $250. I was just wanting to do one person or a group of a few people.

You may want to check with your insurance carrier to see what the potential ramifications are. Also would opening a commercial venture run a foul of your local zoning ordinances.

OKC Heel
07-23-2017, 12:39 AM
Fine, a bunch of good 'ol boys with alcohol and guns/bows. Sounds like a recipe for success. The landowner takes on tremendous liability if an accident happens.

Again, where are you getting this idea of a bunch of "good ol boys" (we both know you want to say toothless rednecks) and where is the alcohol coming into play?

your ignorance is astounding and would be laughable were it not 2017.

OKC Heel
07-23-2017, 12:40 AM
Not sure if you have notifications on but I messaged you back.

Got your message and sent you a reply